Re: What concert you've visited lately?

Guns n roses last night. They rocked, esp the new songs worked really well. Axl was in a good mood and he still can get to those high notes. It was great.

Xeno & Oaklander & Led Er Est @ Bang Bang Club (nearly 2 months ago) - simply cool - very crowded location (too bad I had the accident before and left the concert right after, without having a chat with Shawn & co)

Black Devil Disco Club @ HBC - I liked the evening, even if the bartenders tried to rip me off everytime I bought a beer - the poor french and spanish guests did not take care about I saw beside me, but I was asking for the change $ wink - BDDC made a solid action there, and the band after was not bad. thanks to Emil who played the indian disco stuff - had much fun the night.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

mark foggo and the skasters Great party ska band

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

http://www.sxeen.com/files/15/thumb_4c6a3d0c63074_introducing20aug10.jpg

last night, Die Antwoord. was impressive (even it is not the style of music I usually listen to), energetic, fun.

but then THE ROBOT SCIENTISTS made a fantastic DJ set with Italo, Disco, Electro - nice to see it worked with the hipsters crowd.

I am a bit Kreuzberg-tourists overdosed now. Too much action in the area of Schlesisches Tor  roll

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

the other day i saw dave phillips from the band "fear of god"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRQ2S6_Hfg[/youtube]

that shit was so tyte (even better than that vid)

^ thanks for that, that's one fucked up clip.  I might have nightmares

Prince ... which was nice
Air... which was nice (but programmed in between M.I.A. and some like-minded band... wrong place / wrong time)

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/08/2 … nt-1152962

... neurohydron or whatever was more impressive than in the video. Nice meet the creators too.

went to see DAF again this past weekend. another good show by them

ceephax & dmx krew.. ceephaaax in da hooooouse!!

lärm macht spass!

went to see The Fall last night
what should i say... it was fun but mr. smith is not in his best.
the keyboard player (mark smith's wife?) hold her handbag for half of the show looks like she wanted to go home
at some point they went off stage when they back on she carry another bag with her, wtf?

tomorrow O'mally...

deutschmark wrote:

ceephax & dmx krew.. ceephaaax in da hooooouse!!

jealous!

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Last two gigs:

ARCADE FIRE (munich): epic

CARIBOU (frankfurt): overhyped

i hate soccer

saw Stephan O'mally last night
it was nice experience, the whole place was shacking from loudness, but after 20 minuets of one chord it didn't get nowhere...

Hans-Joachim Roedelius pretty amazing

@ cebteq
wow!!!

saw tropic of cancer on monday. sound wasn't great for the first few songs but after that it was great. they should have headlined, wasn't too keen on the other band HTRK.

on the same night :
plaid : kinda nice i guess , saw them already lots of times. no surprises.
eskmo : not my style but twas fun to watch him making his tracks on the spot with all sort of cheapo percussion.
rustie: little talented fucker. and i think my wife has a crush on him.

Death In June, Waregen, 21-10-2011. Amazing.

"A Real Music Hater"

The Rapture. 'T was good.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Sakamoto and Alva Noto a while back, and Sakamoto with his Trio just the other week. Both good shows, with some spine tingling "wow" moments, although certainly there is not much audience engagement. And I do like how mixed the crowd was, similar to a Kraftwerk gig

Matthew Johnson, i didn't expect for nothing from this party / live set, plus i know only few tracks from him.
anyway it was boring. the guy have some nice gear but the live concept wasn't fun or interesting (at least for me)
made me re think about the live electronic thing. do we have a topic for that?

Yesterday I saw U.S. Girls in Amsterdam which was pretty nice. I don't know exactly how to describe her sound but it's lo-fi electronics, and uses samples from old popsongs as well.
This is one of her newer songs which I like pretty much
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGrO3oP1sT4[/youtube]

Occii?

TB or not TB

Sonoc de las Tunas, nice cuban band!!!