76 (edited by DumbBot 2010-08-25 17:28:53)

Re: Health and Fitness

Keep it up lads, & good luck for the race...altho..fuck trying to get about Glasgow on that Sunday, can't u cunts go run round a park or smth? roads are for cars big_smile

....no training for me for a while, think i've cracked a rib sad Thats 2 weeks since i got injured & it's not getting any better...its actually getting worse. Sneezing hurts like a bastard, driving the car hurts..

quite pissed off..

Let's get Dumb

77 (edited by Marco Tulio Thrash 2010-08-25 18:12:39)

2 workouts a week + diet (which isn't as bad as I thought, portion control and knowing when to stop so I can still eat all kinds of stuff, also I cook more which means I eat better and am more satisfied) = I get to hang out with the hot soccer moms.

Workouts make me sore but was really grateful when we had to move flat, definitely felt the difference there.

edit: sorry to hear about ribs Dumbot.

dumbbot - thats been ages! im guessing there is sfa you can do about a cracked rib?

jackderida - well done man sounds like you are well focussed. good luck with the race - book in for leg massage monday  big_smile

mr meschi - thats a long time to be inactive before race day hmm  maybe a couple of light runs.. donut records  lol 

cebteq - get in there! that sounds like you had a belter of a race - whats a VP?

i'm still training but not as much as you guys, going through a fatigue period so motivation is hard  sad

vice-prez

Getting used to work-out 2-3 times a week. usually 1,5  / 2 hours.
Hope to keep this up for a long time.

hopefully now the weather is getting better I will get back out onto the track. Been too bloody slack.

fuck, 6 days to go and i think i might have pulled a hamstring (or come very close to it at least). was trying to run my first 10 and had to stop after 7 - stopped immediately when i felt the pain thinking that wise. ran a 9k on friday and had no problems at all.

i'm just going to run whatever i can on sunday and will stop and walk if i feel any pain. could power through it i reckon, but i don't want to risk injuring myself as my primary goal is to reach my target weight and i'm not gonna risk being out of the game for a few weeks...

Shit dude, thats really bad to hear!! definitely wise to stop straight away! Don't risk injusring yourself either man, dont worry about your time or anything. Just take it really easy.

I done a nice 5 miles last night. Feelin fit after it, couldve kept going but Im going to start bringing down my milage now, 4 miles tonight, 3 tomorrow, 2 thursday, friday and saturday rest, then race day...

Been cycling a wee bit now with this new cycle hire scheme in london, its pretty good!

you got a helmet son?

naw, but Im not travelling on busy roads, just the wee side streets... Im not mental

http://hundredpushups.com/ Doing this right now.. Fun and profitable!

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

wink  i got to 80 and then slacked off. gonna start on week 3 again. triceps i never knew existed.

jacderida wrote:

fuck, 6 days to go and i think i might have pulled a hamstring (or come very close to it at least). was trying to run my first 10 and had to stop after 7 - stopped immediately when i felt the pain thinking that wise. ran a 9k on friday and had no problems at all.

i'm just going to run whatever i can on sunday and will stop and walk if i feel any pain. could power through it i reckon, but i don't want to risk injuring myself as my primary goal is to reach my target weight and i'm not gonna risk being out of the game for a few weeks...

what a nightmare! definately rest over the next few days and maybe a light run a couple of days before. you will not lose your fitness in a week, just wouldnt be able to run your best speed, so either way you are doing the right thing by taking it easy. you dont need to run the full whack before race day, so youll be sound for every pound. good luck man, be sure and cruise wink

ronin wrote:

wink  i got to 80 and then slacked off. gonna start on week 3 again. triceps i never knew existed.

right im gonna try this. i do around a 100 push ups but not continuously, sounds like a challenge  hmm

well, seems my fears were a wee bit premature - i ran 10k in 53 mins tonight. could feel some nipping in the leg but nothing major, looks like 2 days rest was all it needed. gonna obviously rest the full 2 days now. if it flares up on sunday i'll just do what i can then walk.

it was quite hot up here for this run too, which i've not been used to, generally i've been running late at night. i've also managed to do this while maintaining a 4/5 a day smoking habit too. want to fucking quit that so badly but am having such a hard time kicking it this time for some reason.

good luck for sunday meschi! smile

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frz7_roVTD8[/youtube]

Good luck for sunday dudes  big_smile

You too Jacderida, good to hear you're not out of the game...
thanks kara... Ill be running like the wind!

sorry didn't read the last few pages, are you guys training for a marathon or somethin? good luck!

i've been running everyday about 3.5 miles and started with 5 miles today.. wasn't too bad but the heat here is just killing me

and thanx for the push up and sit up websites. i will have to try those out!  smile

in my dreams mate - it's a 10k smile

hey, a 10k isn't easy and a good start towards a marathon especially if you're doing it under an hour and with a smokin habit!
have fun and good luck to all with the 10k.

Im feelin good. been carbo loading with some serious pasta business all day, Ive got my post run mars bar ready and my bag packed... heavy lookin forwra to it!

done it in 52:23, pretty happy with that. coulda pushed a wee bit harder at the end, but didn't want to risk pulling that hamstring smile.

the route was quite a bit more hilly than the one that i normally do and it was also pretty hot for the start of it.

anyway, i'm gonna have a few beers tonight, even if i need to go into work rough tomorrow big_smile

Nice one dude. I managed to do mine in 52:30 which s way better than i was expecting. Just had a wee celebratory pint with my mate. Now stocking up on goodness again. Congrats jacderida smile

good going mate! half marathon next time then? big_smile

Yes!