Re: RobotsForRobots forum suggestions

Oh i forgot.

I do listen to Flemming mixes without having the tracklist, but that

depress the repress

@ mr. satellite: so when you're listening to mixes it's like windowshopping isn't it? smile
don't you like the feeling then when you hear exciting new music fitted perfectly in a nice mix, but what it is exactly remains a mystery. Being able to press the buy button on the internet and have a record yourself immediately kind of takes away the magic for me, don't you have that? Finding such a mysterious track by coincedence, maybe even a couple of years later, makes it even more precious to me.

how about reprogramming the english processors for robots? every second party or travel topic is dutch or deutch lately

keep hackney crap

Is there already an option to embed flash objects besides youtube into posts?
would be damn cool if we could just post a flash player when posting tracks.

That would be a terrible idea, sorry.

I get really annoyed having to log in twice every time I visit the site in some browsers. I haven't been able to figure out why but I am guessing it has something to do with session cookies. Anyone know what's up with this?

When browsing the front page of the board, would be nice to see what topic is active/top of section at a glance.
Before going into the section.

Aloha! From next week on my weekly schedule is going to be way better and im going to have much more time left.
Im going to do forum updates and upgrades from then on. Maybe even some fancy theme's smile

btw: If anyone feels like making a nice r4r .css template, hit me up!

see when you get a user's posting history, would it be possible to link to their latest the post in the thread? (i know other forums that do this)

it's not much help when you only link to the thread itself and you're trying to find some post (like say to get a link that the person posted or something) and the thread is 50 pages long smile.

not a major big deal or anything, but would be cool...

jacderida wrote:

see when you get a user's posting history, would it be possible to link to their latest the post in the thread? (i know other forums that do this)

it's not much help when you only link to the thread itself and you're trying to find some post (like say to get a link that the person posted or something) and the thread is 50 pages long smile.

not a major big deal or anything, but would be cool...

We could use that. I have encountered this problem myself.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

That would be an improvement, im gonna check of there's a module for that.

you already can search someones posts, just go search,  author, and posts not threads.

ahh thanks man, didn't realise that!

still think it would be useful to have the links to posts on the posting history though, it gives a better overview.

how about rotating banners submitted by members?

rule 1: black & white only
rule 2: exact dimensions as current banner
rule 3: r4r lettering must be exactly the same in either white or black in the same position

is there any chance of avoiding thosespam bots? there were some funny ones in the past, and some not so annoying ones.. but overall.. they are just nervkilling.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

@zora

isn't that the reason the forum was updated in the first place?

and - if not - wouldn't captcha when registering get rid of the bots? or is that naive?

cuties don't exert

ronin wrote:

how about rotating banners submitted by members?

rule 1: black & white only
rule 2: exact dimensions as current banner
rule 3: r4r lettering must be exactly the same in either white or black in the same position

cool idea

cuties don't exert

how can we stop the bot invasion? i have no idea what their purpose is but i'm sure it's not good. can the board security settings be tweaked to stop them from registering?

Hi guys!
correct me if I'm wrong, I think this forum is all about robot, isn't it that this site would be more attractive if they use robot logo on the main page of the site. I believe lots f people are fun about robots so why used that as your logo since the name of the site is "robots for robots". other than that all are pretty much good.

robotics enthusiasts welcome

cuties don't exert

Ive added some more features:

Quickquote
- Just select the text you want to quote and click on quicknote (bottom-right of post window)

Questions during registration
- To prevent those annyoing spambots

Rss feeds
- For the rss bots

Nice, Jonathan. smile Thanks!

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Yesss!

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

I had an idea, is there a possibility to make the forum accessible via Tapatalk or other Android/iOS app? I found out that there is no reasonable way to access the forum on mobile devices.

tapatalk +1

What's wrong with accessing through the browser? Works fine for me..