Topic: win7 audio

Hi all,
does anyone uses windows 7 or tried to use windows 7 and can give some opinion about it, especially compared to winxp?
i am considering switching from winxp pro to win7 but cannot find much info on this issue.

cheers.

2 (edited by ramos 2010-10-25 05:47:31)

Re: win7 audio

Windows 7>Windows XP

In saying that, depends what software you are running and if it is compatible with Win7

I have Win7 running since beginning this year and I had no problems at all. seems to be very stable. Any software that I had running on XP ran on Win 7. Sometimes during Installing process I got a note, that the software was not compatible and that the install process has to run in XP compatibility mode. one click later the software was running stable.

don't think about it, just do it, XP is a dinosaur now!

there was reason to stay away from vista, but you can safely just go ahead and upgrade to 7, which basically just irons out all the annoying little things in vista.

i seriously doubt that you'll encounter many compatibility issues.

Is it much heavier to run? I have a PC from 2006, will it still be able to run it properly?

You gotta check the specs man, a "pc from 2006" says nothing.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

it should be fine i think. as with vista, i think you get the opportunity to switch off the fancy UI stuff if the machine can't handle it.

i wouldn't know, as i use it on my laptop and my machine at work, which are both monsters smile.

I recently built a new pc to replace my 6+ years old Athlon-based box, for around 1000 euros I have now:

- Asus P6T Deluxe V2 (needed for the PCI-X bus to drive the Layla3G - this is possibly the only MB that has been reported to be working with the L3G)
- Intel Core i7 930, 2.8Ghz
- Prolimatech Armageddon cooler + 2x Xigmatek XLF-F1453 14cm fans low-rpm
- 3x2GB DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Ram
- nVidia GT240 video card, passive cooled
- Antec P183 case and CP-850 power supply
- 2x Samsung HD103SJ, Sata-II 1TB hard disks

plus a number of other Sata-II disks that get moved from my old pc..

Currently testing and tweaking with W7U 64... so far the results have been really satisfactory smile But I don't know if I
will run Windows on it... as my computer gets treated just as a hard disk recorder / post production environment,
composition is done with other devices.

As for the noise... even when pushing it with 3D games (which won't be normally run on this PC anyways), I could barely
hear the fans increasing just a bit more than usual.. and temperatures are all in the normal range.

Overall, I'm really satisfied, although it took me more than two months of research to match all the parts properly...

a.