Re: 21/10/10 MinimalWave301 - Das Ding LIVE & Veronica Vasicka - Amsterdam

and thx for the videos smile

.."this world`s a bubble"..

77 (edited by --/~~~~ 2010-10-27 17:03:56)

zora wrote:

das ding was cool!  didnt know too much by them before and really enjoyed their gig.
have to admit i didnt really pay much attention to the dj before das ding, but enjoyed veronicas set. although i have to say that, yes, i also expected sth else, some more "minimal wave" stuff plus the mixing was far from good.
honestly i never got why people think a dj shouldnt just play his/ her stuff but should give the crowd sth easy to follow. i would think people come to a minimal wave night to be exposed to some minimal wave and not to sth else. if one wants to teach the crowd about "good music", why not teach >>your<< kind of music? i, at least, was keen on listening to minimal wave (or minimal synth or however you wanna name it) that night and it kinda disappointed me, too, that there was so little of it in her set.
nevertheless, it was of course up to her what she felt like playing and i really enjoyed what she played.

btw, i still have one spare copy of this 7".  it was 10 euro, so i would also give it for 10 euro plus the shipping. if anyone wants it.. let me know..

You are right that it's fair to expect her to play (at least some) minimal wave. To expect her to play "obscure" minimal synth music OTOH is something else. I was and guess still am disappointed with the extremely low turnout of people from the Netherlands that say they are interested in this music the week before at Nullzeit. We started this event because we thought / hoped there is regional interest for this kind of music but i'm not so sure anymore.

zora wrote:

btw, i still have one spare copy of this 7".  it was 10 euro, so i would also give it for 10 euro plus the shipping. if anyone wants it.. let me know..

you got mail!  smile

shite i was too late

lärm macht spass!

--/~~~~ wrote:

I was and guess still am disappointed with the extremely low turnout of people from the Netherlands that say they are interested in this music the week before at Nullzeit. We started this event because we thought / hoped there is regional interest for this kind of music but i'm not so sure anymore.

come on man, that takes time. you've only done a few.. ''de aanhouder wint..''  smile and i know for example for people from amsterdam (or actually outside r'dam) its a pain to get back home from worm if you dont have a car. same probably goes for parties in the OT or occi here..
there can be 1000 reasons why parties get many visitors, or none at all. a lot of times the music that you program doesn't have much to do with it..
but otoh i would think worm would get some visitors, as there is almost nothing else left in rotterdam with watt and waterfront closed..

@zora: you're welcome!

81 (edited by --/~~~~ 2010-10-27 23:48:30)

rude66 wrote:
--/~~~~ wrote:

I was and guess still am disappointed with the extremely low turnout of people from the Netherlands that say they are interested in this music the week before at Nullzeit. We started this event because we thought / hoped there is regional interest for this kind of music but i'm not so sure anymore.

come on man, that takes time. you've only done a few.. ''de aanhouder wint..''  smile and i know for example for people from amsterdam (or actually outside r'dam) its a pain to get back home from worm if you dont have a car. same probably goes for parties in the OT or occi here..
there can be 1000 reasons why parties get many visitors, or none at all. a lot of times the music that you program doesn't have much to do with it..
but otoh i would think worm would get some visitors, as there is almost nothing else left in rotterdam with watt and waterfront closed..

it's not like it's a dj night and you need to build a name...the bands present spoke for themselves.
the amount of visitors itself wasnt the problem it was pretty crowded, but the almost schizophrenic gap between foreign visitors that came all the way for the bands and locals that were curious for the night was pretty blatant.

also having a 'minimal wave' night a week before another one has effect.
don't give up on the Nullzeit parties btw.

hey jonathan, thanks for the thunbs up :-) your support was and is well appreciated!

oh, I am missiing everything...

anyone got a spare 7

Europa has burned, and will burn again

Hello there
I'm looking for The tear apart tapes 7

Hello there
I'm looking for The tear apart tapes 7"; does anybody know where I can find it, or maybe is there anybody who wants to sell it to me?
I already tried to write to Minimal Wave but I never received an answer.
Many thanks in advance
M-ON