Re: What new booty have you acquired?

Blue Maquina wrote:

I didn't really acquire this but I finish designing and building this.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/blue_lantern320/SERGE%20FORMAT%20PROJECT/100_0201.jpg

Yeah I dont know what I was thinking with the color scheme. I'm gonna sell this one and build another with a white panel and different knobs.

Are those panels silk screened? I'm kind of a newb about the cosmetic ends........could one achieve similar results using water slide graphics?  No experience with those either....... but just thinking of options for potential builds.

*edit*
don't mean to derail this thread, but it'd been something I've always been curious about

3,352 (edited by Blue Maquina 2010-11-24 19:34:14)

Orbweaver wrote:
Blue Maquina wrote:

I didn't really acquire this but I finish designing and building this.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/blue_lantern320/SERGE%20FORMAT%20PROJECT/100_0201.jpg

Yeah I dont know what I was thinking with the color scheme. I'm gonna sell this one and build another with a white panel and different knobs.

Are those panels silk screened? I'm kind of a newb about the cosmetic ends........could one achieve similar results using water slide graphics?  No experience with those either....... but just thinking of options for potential builds.

*edit*
don't mean to derail this thread, but it'd been something I've always been curious about

The way you do it is: Buy a portable Laminator that uses Letter Sheet Pocket type Laminate Sheets. You print out your graphics on what ever color paper. You can get fancy with white Fonts for the negative look but dam that's a lot of ink.
Then you purchase those 3M spray adhesive or Locktite spray. Just make sure it will work on metals. You need to print out another copy of the graphics (no laminate required for this one) with hole markings for you to mark and drill on an aluminum plate. Drill your holes then make sure the graphics line up. When you have a go, spray with adhesive and stick it on. Its ideal to cover the entire panel with the grahic paper but if you needed to show some of the metal then you spray on the back of the laminate graphic you made and not on the metal.
Let it dry, then with an exacto knife cut out the holes on the sticker you made. This technique almost makes it scratch resistant. I was very impressed by these results. I should of done this years ago. Now you can too.
The graphics are endless...with this technique. You can even make a sick Photo wall decore.

Planet of Cevo

You've just unlocked a mystery there, man. wink

Very appreciated

Serge Klangshifter M-odule and a boat for it. So now I have space for another M-odule......

Hmmmm awesome buy!

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

@ Blue Maquina, I love the warm yellow / tasteful pink combo

Marco Tulio Thrash wrote:

@ Blue Maquina, I love the warm yellow / tasteful pink combo

Thanks.

Planet of Cevo

The KuSh Clariphonic comes highly recommended for people with high end problems.. This thing is schweet!.. Itching for the UBK Fatso more than ever

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

BMX wrote:

The KuSh Clariphonic comes highly recommended for people with high end problems.. This thing is schweet!.. Itching for the UBK Fatso more than ever

Beware; the road with outboard processors is one without an end or bottom smile
Just dont use plugins then you dont need those units aswell big_smile just kidding

@Septic - how does the Elkorus sound?  I'm thinking about getting one.

Koova wrote:

@Septic - how does the Elkorus sound?  I'm thinking about getting one.

One thing:  AWESOME to the Max smile

On the prophet08 it gives a very Jupiter8 esque sound.
When using low sustained notes etc, it really sounds like a vintage stringensemble (rhapsody etc), really

I have 2 footpedals plugged into it, each for control of the 2 LFOs, the rate knob functions as a mod depth parameter then.

For ppl liking 70s stuff it is really worth the money

Thanks for that.  I've been debating over the elkorus or the modemachines krautrock phaser.  I had a listen to a krautrock phaser last night and it was lovely, really meaty with a tearing/ripping gooey sound when it's rising.

I think I'm going to have to sell something and get both.

Septicstudio wrote:
BMX wrote:

Beware; the road with outboard processors is one without an end or bottom smile
Just dont use plugins then you dont need those units aswell big_smile just kidding

Yeah, already have this sinking feeling already.. But i should at least be ok with fatso/clari/tnc acmp84/the filters

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

3,364 (edited by automatique 2010-11-27 20:49:37)

Just got a yamaha dx21 für 61euro incl. shpping (good deal?) - and instantly felt in love.

automatique wrote:

Just got a yamaha dx21 für 61euro incl. shpping (good deal?) - and instantly felt in love.

that's the price.. for a solid FM synth
i love my dx21 too (and my dx27), they are very useful synths

got a nice, plastic, japanesse mini theramin. really funny thing with one antena and 2 voices.

Ah shiet, sort of ordered the UBK Fatso 5 minutes ago

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Picked up a Realistic MG1 for £299 on eBay today. Here's hoping it's without the dreaded black sludge

BMX wrote:

Ah shiet, sort of ordered the UBK Fatso 5 minutes ago

Finally! You know I was waiting for you to take the step. Where did you end up buying it? In Sweden or...?

Just got my Elkorus.  Thanks for your help Sceptic.

http://www.synthoma.net/p/templates/synthoma/images/fotos/DSC_0451-g.jpg

Wahh, whats that thing!.. So red!

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Better than brown?

Brian Chinetti wrote:

Fatso

Yeah.. In the end it just feels best, very nice people too. End price was 24k sek inc. shipping. Im pretty much sitting on needles now. It's on the way from the us to them so i guess ill get it at the end of the week yikes .. Already setting up all the cables. Thats true love.

Also, I wanted a Matrix 1000 a long time and one day a friend just posts on my fb "You got a M1000 in the mail on the way to you" .. You know you buy alot of synths when people know they can just send em big_smile

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

BMX wrote:

Wahh, whats that thing!.. So red!

Turns everything into the 1970's

http://www.synthoma.net/p/index.php?opt … mp;lang=es

Sounds sweet man.. Mayebe i need something like that.. Where do you find it?

edit: its stereo right?

editedit: ah i see, i gotta lean spanish.. how much that fucka cost?.. ahh never mind ill find out for myself big_smile

CRACKED BY MR. Z...