Topic: cold weather, gear and tuning

My room is cold, very cold and my poly 800 has went so out of tune that even the tuning bar doesnt solve the problem!
If I leave it in a warm room for 24 hours should the tuning return to normal? or do I have to get it tuned some other way

Im a bit worried as I use it for live and magic waves is only round the corner  hmm

Re: cold weather, gear and tuning

Hmm, i wonder why your Poly 800 went out of tune anyway because this normally only happens to VCO Synths.
Must be something else. Sometimes a worn pitch bender joystick causes this kind of problems.

ah ok. I'll give my synth guy a shout and take it up to him incase its something else.
It took a knock about a month ago, but has just recently went so out of tune.

thanks.

A friend of mine had similar tuning issues with his 800..... found this post a while back on nabble

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/SCSIcide/poly.jpg

Rule of thumb: trimmers are best left to techs but if you're feeling brave you can always mark said trimmer's rotation point (pen, pencil or marker etc to get it back, say things go awry)

Use your discretion tho.....

Nothing to do with cold weather. Call me and I'll tell you what the issue is. More due to it taking a knock.

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

with the risk of sounding like a wiseguy... are you sure it's not the interval setting on dco 2 that's set to anything but 0?

computerdisco - will do mate.
hans olof... such a wise guy! smile checked it, and it isn't

aw shucks