Re: ++Gear Down!++ Repair Thread

yep, that too. Although there's a trimmer up front for adding some "aggresive-ness" to the filter; had that turned up a bit which may explain the distortion.

I sent the same audio to robert honsbeek and he claimed he couldn't hear it. might not have been listening via monitors or phones tho.....

just a cap. sorted!!! hehe

big_smile excellent..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Today is a great Day.. Before work this morning fitted a new 720k DD to my MPC60mkii. An old Amiga external. After a lot of head scratching and it not recognizing the drive, reading about Jumpers and settings and resistor positions. I had a brainwave and turned the parallel cable up the other way and K'blam it works.. The Floppy cost me all of £10.. where as to get a new one from the states it would have cost me £90.
Thank you to Brian Eno for his oblique strategies "Turn it upside down"..
http://fusionanomaly.net/obliquestrategies.html

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Roland SH09 keyboard isn't working anymore, it still receives CV/Gate though.
hope it's not expansive to fix

the last 2 days my Western Digital external HD is making load noises (sounds like the fan)

231 (edited by akadavar 2010-11-18 13:20:50)

I've killed my TR-707. I hate myself about that. I don't know anyone that could fix it. Now I can do nothing more than selling it for spares.

Where you based akadavar? I'm sure there must be a friendly tech not too far away...

I got stuck in Warszawa. I founded few techs but no one answers my emails - maybe they're not interested in repairing it?

Might be worth asking Fotoplastikon, he's from Poland as well. It's quite small so you could always send it to someone in Germany or wherever. Or maybe it's just a fuse...

mule driver: the entire keyboard? look for a connector or something inside thats loose..

236 (edited by Stalker 2010-11-19 00:25:37)

akadavar wrote:

I got stuck in Warszawa. I founded few techs but no one answers my emails - maybe they're not interested in repairing it?

I'm from Warsaw - below are some contacts that might help you out. I suggest you call rather than e-mail.

Tomasz Kubiak - serwis@promusica.com.pl - tel: 7514245 7511512, 7518787, 7518788 w. 112
Akai Serwis - 8511194
Leszek Dorski - 604 30 60 64

Thanks Stalker. I will try this.

i have 3 problems:

- SCI Drumtraks: seems almost dead. I can turn it ON but i have no sounds at all. Seems the operating system problem to me.

- Roland CSQ 100: you can turn it ON, but its not able to load anything correct, or better, its loading something (u can see for the loading lights) but when you play it, then is something horrible :-)

- Boss DR 55: when you write the accent, you hear a 'noisy' sound (tic tic tic). you could say, then dont write the accent. i could answer, how can i trig the synths then? smile

thank u!

Alessandro

rude66 wrote:

mule driver: the entire keyboard? look for a connector or something inside thats loose..

the entire keyboard, yes. everything seems to be OK inside
now the keyboard is working from time to time but it's getting out of tune (which doesn't happen with CV)

My JP-8000 has the main control board cracked in one corner. There are three boards inside that hold the sliders and pots. The biggest one is the one that's cracked on mine. Spme of the sliders don't respond anymore or the sliders or buttons respond but the corresponding LEDs don't seem to respond some of the buttons too. All of the buttons around the LCD display don't work at all. Other than that it makes sound. I have to change patches from another board via MIDI. I called up Roland in Australia and they want $900Aud just for the board? I can get whole JP8000 for less than that. What you guys reckon? Sell the current one for spares?

how big is the crack? whats happened is that it has cut some traces. easiest fix is to take a wire to bypass the trace from the 2 points it connects. i did that to my 606 with a crack in the corner also and it worked fine..

242 (edited by hans olof 2010-11-30 22:30:52)

mannequinmailorder wrote:

- Boss DR 55: when you write the accent, you hear a 'noisy' sound (tic tic tic). you could say, then dont write the accent. i could answer, how can i trig the synths then? smile

doesn't the tic go away when you plug something into the CSQ jack? atleast that's how it is with my DR-55.
ofcourse you can also trigger a synth using the DBS jack, but it only sends 16th note triggers.
(if you have an SH-101 you can do some neat things with the sequencer and the hold button, while feeding it with 16th note triggers. easier and more fun than programming rests into the sequence.)

does anyone have experience with technology transplants parts for the 808? are they good enough? im considering a renovation of old betty...

leftcorporation wrote:

I can get whole JP8000 for less than that. What you guys reckon? Sell the current one for spares?

get rid of that piece of crap! and don't get another one. I though we once had a discussion about how much jp8000 suck. how much do you like an arp that doesn't even sync to midi properly?

245 (edited by Orbweaver 2010-12-03 07:39:56)

@Leftcorporation

Rude explained it pretty well but depending on how much you know, it may be hard to visualize. Post pics of the pcb side and reverse if you want more details.

It's called "jumping"

hans olof wrote:

does anyone have experience with technology transplants parts for the 808? are they good enough? im considering a renovation of old betty...

I ordered parts from them to refurbish my 303, serious bizness

god damn it. my microkorg is going nuts. on some presets the pitchwheel doesn't work anymore and at the same moment the modwheel is additonaly doing the pitch (although they are not patched this way). and on other presets everything works fine.

teknob wrote:
leftcorporation wrote:

I can get whole JP8000 for less than that. What you guys reckon? Sell the current one for spares?

get rid of that piece of crap! and don't get another one. I though we once had a discussion about how much jp8000 suck. how much do you like an arp that doesn't even sync to midi properly?

I do seem to recall such a discussion! Does it really not sync to MIDI properly? Maybe it's because you used that piece of crap mpc 1000 to sync! I've had it for a while now (it was only $500AUD)and I like it, splitable keyboard, velocity and i just fixed the second oscillator and LFO knobs on it it's fricken awesome for cutting noises. Layers very well with real analogue!  If you had to buy a VA synth which would it be?

@Robot

I'll post some pics, i think i know what orb is talking about I already did that with the non-working lfo 2 rate and osc 2 coarse knobs, it's just gonna be a bit of work.

leftcorporation wrote:

@Robot

I'll post some pics, i think i know what orb is talking about I already did that with the non-working lfo 2 rate and osc 2 coarse knobs, it's just gonna be a bit of work.

eh, if you're good on what Rude told you then no need to post em.