1 (edited by cloud9 2010-06-22 18:53:01)

Topic: US/Canada Road Trip

I will be leaving on the 28th or 29th for a road trip across US and Canada with only a handful of destinations planned out at the moment and I don't mind the whole 'get up and go with no plans', it always makes for a fun trip but if I can find out of places I must not miss then I would love to know about them! So of course if anyone knows any amazing, must-see places throughout the states and canada, as well as the usual record shops/good venues for shows/ or places to stay/ etc, anything it would be very nice to have some robot input.

So far these are a few of our destinations just so you can get an idea of the path we are taking (if it even helps at all):

Starting in Southern California - Salt Lake City, Utah (friends), Texas (friends), Missouri (friends), Louisiana, Virginia/DC (family), New York, Toronto, Sasketchewan (family), Spokane, Washington (family).

Hopefully can meet some more of you robots along the way at shows/record shops/ beer shops and if anyone needs a ride out of their home state and would like to be dropped off somewhere along our path it wouldn't be a problem.  smile

Also, any general road trip TIPS are much appreciated. Make sandwiches, bring lots of water, pick up hitch-hikers, give people on craigslist rides to split cost of gas, save money, etc. that sort of thing also appreciated.thanx!

Re: US/Canada Road Trip

cloud, take me along!

utah sucks (not saints)
you meet weird inbreds with 27 grandparents

on  a positive you can't drink and drive as its a dry(ish) state
smoke weed with the mormons instead of dancing with manson (in cali)

keep hackney crap

Only thing worth seeing in Sasketchewan is the end of a glass or bottle.
Saskatoon and Regina are worth seeing cos they're that grim you'll feel better about yourself.

Nice and flat tho.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

5 (edited by cloud9 2010-06-23 06:24:29)

ice wrote:

cloud, take me along!

yep no problem! always got room for more! just make it to so cal  smile

byron wrote:

utah sucks (not saints)
you meet weird inbreds with 27 grandparents

on  a positive you can't drink and drive as its a dry(ish) state
smoke weed with the mormons instead of dancing with manson (in cali)

yeah i'm visiting a friend there .. should be some nice hikes/ outdoor activities i would think.. or at least visit some nice mormon churches  smile 
i plan on going to a church in every state

Guyver 303 wrote:

Only thing worth seeing in Sasketchewan is the end of a glass or bottle.
Saskatoon and Regina are worth seeing cos they're that grim you'll feel better about yourself.

Nice and flat tho.

haha almost everyone has told me this about sasketchewan/saskatoon including my family that lives over there. Good thing is i will be seeing the end of a glass/bottle quite a bit as my family there owns a bar on a lake.   lol

6 (edited by Amose 2011-01-08 10:21:37)

Hello I will be leaving on the 28th or 29th for a road trip across US and Canada with only a handful of destinations planned out at the moment and I don't mind the whole 'get up and go with no plans', it always makes for a fun trip but if I can find out of places I must not miss then I would love to know about them! So of course if anyone knows any amazing, must-see places throughout the states and canada, as well as the usual record shops/good venues for shows/ or places to stay/ etc, anything it would be very nice to have some robot input...I hope to get some wonderful suggestions from you all..

oil change minnesota