Topic: my graphic card & monitor - help -

recently bought a new display monitor 22" Asus vw222s...instaled it first on a crappy graphic card ( Nvidia)...all well....and with this graphic card its native resolution screen was detected ( 1680 X 1050 ). Then i bought a better graphic card ( ATI ) and since then, there's no chance to detect the same resolution and it sucks...and i cannot instal even the monitor itself ( default vga monitor ).
i tried many drivers from many sites...nothing.

2 (edited by Poodle 2008-07-08 20:11:25)

Re: my graphic card & monitor - help -

forgive me for asking but are the Nvidia drivers uninstalled completely?

are you running catalyst now? what card? how is it connected?

been awake for like 30hrs now but I will try to help. this is something simple here for sure. have you only tried to change the res in the drivers? try setting the res by right clicking desktop and choose properties to change the res via windows.

it's ah3650 silent hdmi more spec over here ah3650
and yes i am runnin' catalyst version on the cd driver; i got with the card.

dxdiag...says it's all fine...and yes the other card was properly uninstalled
i tried a lot...and nothing
( a friend of mine told me ...that i shouldn't have bought an ATI chip )

5 (edited by Poodle 2008-07-08 20:21:30)

it's a vga connected monitor right? i've been on DVI for so long so i don't know if you maybe should install drivers for monitor also.

Well a friend of mine went and got a faulty 9800GTX the other day... Your's could be faulty but i don't think so this sounds like some stupid little problem. Have you tried changing res in windows?

you're right but my monitor doesn't have the dvi port..only vga...and yes i tried also to install the driver for monitor but when i type "next" in the setup process, it appears " instalation fail "
( might be the windows??/) ..........the driver version taken from asus download centre...

have you tried changing res in windows properties yet?

So when you push detect monitor nothing happens?

yes i tried...nothing...and what's intriguin' me it's the fact that on the first graphic card...it was ok with the res...only it was a crappy card...

9 (edited by Poodle 2008-07-08 20:39:02)

all this seem wierd. I would have bet that you need to install the drivers for the monitor. what speaks against this is that it worked with the old card. also i don't like the error message you get when you are trying to install drivers..

Do you still have the crap card? do you have a second mon

i have the old card...but a second monitr nope...i gave it away..i bought the monitor for two months and the card few weeks

could be that, too...
thamx anyway Poodle for your time

Poodle wrote:

all this seem wierd. I would have bet that you need to install the drivers for the monitor. what speaks against this is that it worked with the old card. also i don't like the error message you get when you are trying to install drivers..

Do you still have the crap card? do you have a second mon

12 (edited by Poodle 2008-07-09 09:13:01)

alright download some drivercleaner software and uninstall one more time and make sure there's no traces of neither Nv or ati drivers. then install the latest radeon catalyst driver. also try stupid little things like changing the connector on the gfx card to the one next to it and stuff like that. look over cables and adapters one more time to make 200% sure.

i'll check in on you 2morrow man.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → General Hardware / Software Discussion → my graphic card & monitor - help -