Re: The word of the day

Schizophonia: a state where what you hear and what you see are unrelated

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (listen:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … gogoch.ogg) is a village and community on the island of Anglesey in Wales, situated on the Menai Strait next to the Britannia Bridge and across the strait from Bangor. The village is best known for its name, the longest place name in Europe and one of the longest place names in the world.The short form of the village's name is Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, also spelled Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll. It is commonly known as Llanfair PG or Llanfairpwll.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

haha, that's amazing!

what a bizarre sounding language that is.

i've been through that place on the train many times as a kid. the sign carrying the station name was the length of an olympic long jump

keep hackney crap

155 (edited by Dez 2011-01-20 22:52:06)

is that 4 Ls in a row?

I like that it has gogogo in it smile

what most people don't know is that the guy who came up with those place names had the mother of all speech impediments

ronin wrote:

what most people don't know is that the guy who came up with those place names had the mother of all speech impediments

or he was just Welsh...

158 (edited by cebteq 2011-01-21 08:40:30)

bad speller

Verweigerungsmusik

Patron: An expensive brand of tequila which black people drink before they have sexual intercourse.
Ma shawty and i was sippin da patron befo we get to da sexin', yo. Mah dat good shit, we gone and we doesn't even know it, yo.

Dez wrote:

is that 4 Ls in a row?

I like that it has gogogo in it smile

in welsh LL is pronounced like CL in English

keep hackney crap

so, it's pronounced "clcl", which is still weird big_smile

I heard the place's name means something like "the trees beneath the small lake near the church downhill blablabla ... blablabla ... and then on the right side", something along these lines at least...

hehe, nice you "like" it. i love it, too. smile

Synapsenendknöpfchen (german), which represents the presynaptic part of a synapse (if i got that right).

my word of the week:
Homogenisierungsmischmaschine

(homogenizationmixinmashine)

would also b a good dj name, eh?

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

alte gauner

167 (edited by captain duran 2011-02-28 20:42:07)

smile

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

168 (edited by Revok 2011-03-17 13:09:23)

Expression: Ignotum per æque ignotum

From Latin, meaning "the unknown by the equally unknown", is a form of fallacy in which one attempts to prove something unknown by deducing it from something else which is also not known to be true.

Empire / post-Empire

...not even in wikipedia yet!

i hear you

Is that some kind of Star Wars reference?

171 (edited by MMG 2011-03-20 21:07:07)

"Post-Empire started appearing in full-force just about everywhere last year while Cee Lo Green’s “Fuck You” gleefully played over the soundtrack. The Kardashians so get it. The cast (and the massive audience) of Jersey Shore gets it. Lady Gaga arriving at the Grammys in an egg gets it, and she gets it while staring at Anderson Cooper (Empire!) and admitting she likes to smoke weed when she writes songs—basically daring him: “What are you gonna do about that, bitch?” Nicki Minaj gets it when she sings “Right Thru Me” and becomes one of her many alter-egos on a red carpet. (Christina Aguilera starring in Burlesque doesn’t get it at all.) Ricky Gervais’s hosting of the Golden Globes got it. Robert Downey Jr., getting pissed off at Gervais, did not. Robert De Niro even got it, subtly ridiculing his career and his lifetime achievement trophy at the same awards show."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and- … f-empire/#

I'm totally going to exploit this phrase as much as possible! ...unless that's empire???

Stallone had a chance to get it but unfortunately The Untouchables is just soooo empire!

i hear you

On his Twitter feed, he defines it in terms of pop culture, as if it were a charticle in a magazine. Post-Empire is Shia LaBeouf, Lady Gaga, Twilight, Trader Joe’s, and Kick-Ass. Empire is Bruce Willis, R.E.M., New York, the Polo Lounge, Veuve Clicquot, “the U.S. reaction to Kick-Ass.”

Globalization

tearoomwijf

"A Real Music Hater"

ataraxia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataraxia