Re: Should I buy...

JX3P and PG200 for $300 is a no brainer, in my opinion, the PG200 regularly sells for about that price on it's own on ebay!!

Anyone offer opinions on Crumar Bit 99?

Has anyone seen this before?

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9938/slika2447233v900h675.jpg

i need mixer for my studio
saw Allen and Heath Zed22fx for around 1000 Euro
what do you think about those A&H new mixers
is it good price?

i looked for 2nd hand mixers as well but couldn't find nothing less then 1500euro

A Clavia Nord Modular Rack version, the original, not the G2 for 300?

The guy selling that is also selling a sherman filter bank for 275.

Just record it already!

the sherman sounds like a deal!

What is the current price for a Nord Lead 2? Should I go for one if less than 300eur? Somewhat beaten up but working.

1,732 (edited by ZeHa 2011-01-19 11:17:55)

I bought a Nord Rack 2 about a year ago and it was 350 EUR on eBay, and I think I will keep it forever. If you can get one for 300, keyboard or rack, I'd say buy it, you won't regret it, and even if you don't like it, you should be able to sell it for the same amount of money again.

EDIT: Just think about it, you get 4 synths with 4 outputs in one box with a really great user interface and great sound (of course a matter of taste)... that should be worth 300 EUR wink
(the only thing that kinda sucks is the non-existent naming for the patches (just numbers), but on the other hand, people buy synths where you can't even save patches, so it's not that bad actually big_smile )

Thanks for the response, ZeHa. How would you describe the sound of Nord? I only once had a VA synth, Roland SH-201, and that one went out pretty fast. Good MIDI implementation is a big plus for me, and I don't have even one synth which has got name labeling for the patches, so that's of apsolutely no importance to me.

Zeha, thanks indeed for your replies. Actually I've been wanting to buy a nord modular for some years now but found them rather expensive most of the time. 300 for a G1 is indeed not a lot. I also read that the G1 sounds more dirty/raw than the G2. Anyways, I'm going over to the seller this weekend, looking forward to some real synthesis experimentation. :-)
The filterbank is also interesting but I had not looked into it until now.

Just record it already!

1,735 (edited by ZeHa 2011-01-19 13:12:16)

Glad that I could help. Well, the sound is hard to describe, but I like it. It doesn't sound really analog, but it doesn't sound really digital either, it's more like "it sounds like a Nord" wink It's pretty clean sounding, but still fat in my opinion, and I especially like the raw sawtooth and pulse sounds. Often I just select a wave form and add a little release and jam around with that dry sound.

After I bought it, I made a little song that was entirely created on the Nord, but I can't find it right now. Maybe I can provide you with a link this evening if you're interested.

EDIT: I think the bassline of "Space Invaders are smoking Grass" is made with a Nord lead (though I'd say that there are better synths for bass usage than the Nord Lead), and I think I can hear the Nord Lead's sound in many of Mr. Pauli's tracks (though I'm not sure).

I found 2nd hand Soundrtrac logic midi (or solo midi, the guy i talked to on the phone wasn't sure) 24/8
the guy said it works fine, but need a clean up. he's selling it for around 300 euro. i'm going to see it tomorrow any thing i should know / check?

anyone ever worked on Soundtrack mixers?

Mule Driver wrote:

anyone ever worked on Soundtrack mixers?

I dont know about the Soundtracs mixer but what does the seller mean with: 'needs to be cleaned'? Sounds tricky to me and better test it completely (faders, pots, channel-inputs, etc) or only buy it when its a bargain..

TB or not TB

i suppose to see it this evening, but as far as i understood few faders are noisy and need some clean. i'll post more details later today.

How much is D&R 8000 Series MKII worth today? Guy is asking 1800 eur for one.

an 8000 is a pretty serious board.. how many channels? 1800 sounds about right for something 24+ channels..

It has got 24 channels. I was thinking that it's maybe too steep for 24ch board, but if it's good... Never before have I seen D&R here in Serbia.

does it include the patchbay?

for 24 channels its a bit expensive, but it also depends on the condition..  i'd say if it has a built in patchbay, works 100% and maybe restored, its okay. no patchbay, cracking pots and faders and has been standing in a wet storage shed, then no way..

It's got patchbay at the same module with the master group, if I am right. No subgroups though... Seller says it's got some crackly pots. He also mentionts something about asking 400eur just for cables (Van Damme) with EDACs, because "those are worth 1000 eur"...

good about the patchbay. you mean no subgroup modules? the manual is a little confusing, but i think it has a version of the floating subgroup system famous on other d&r's where you can turn each channel into a subgroup. cracly pots are to be expected and are no problem..
the cables.. well, you can see if he will sell them without. or in this condition, offer him like 1500..

it does have a very trident-like eq though..

Going to invest in my first hardware, am thinking of a Korg MS2000. Is this a good first synth?

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

It'll do the job. I have the microkorg which has the same sound engine but had a MS2000 briefly ages ago. The patches suck. so find out the short cut to init patch and then go fishing for sounds with all the knobs.

Hi san.  If you do decide to go with the ms2000 they have one for sale at the swop shop in carlton.  I was there yesterday and it looked in pretty good condition.  Probably a little more expensive than if you hunted online, but easier in some ways.

Sweet thanks I'll drop in! I got a message from a girlfriend in London who said her MS2000 is collecting dust at her folks place in WA so sounds like she might sell to me, I'll see how much she wants for it. Means I'll probably be able to afford some other equipment too...otherwise I'm looking at this also http://www.awave.com.au/product_info.ph … ts_id=4036
I need to be able to use it on the fly in rehearsals so portability, keyboard, and good patches would help (damn marco) and my budget is a grand (oz)

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

Dont forget San that the MS2000 is only 4voice poly, thats really not much if it will be your first or only synth.

I would say a Clavia Nord2 or somthing like that, or a Virus C