Topic: Should I buy...

for all your buying worries, "should I get, shouldnt I get"

...a macbook 1.8Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 13inch screen for

Re: Should I buy...

isn't that a little small? My wife has a MacBook and indeed it is cool for traveling around, the small footprint let you use it mostly anywhere...

But I am much more comfortable with my MBP with the bigger screen...
Of course, YMMV, so only you know what is best for you.
But I definitely agree on a OSX based device smile

Alex

3 (edited by meschi 2008-07-08 14:31:15)

an MBP would be cool and I was talking to another robot the other day and said that the money thing isnt really an issue. I was blatantly lying to myself and the money thing is an issue. so MB would be cool. not too fussed about the smallness factor. a 15 would be nice bu for me not essential.

haha and YMMV?? too many acronyms for me.

adn basically is it worth

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary.

Very US, indeed smile

Should I buy an Alesis Wedge for $35 Canadian? I thought it might be fun to use on a send from my little submixer.  Wouldn't be my main verb or anything.

You know my feeling on this Meschi.. tis a good price and it will get you running for the foreseable..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

mb screen is small but ok for the new logic, esp. once you have the key commands down

should i get an Emu Esi 32 with Scsi Cd for 100eur ?

should i buy..http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/07/zseries.jpg

Sony Vaio Z-Series: World's Smallest, Lightest Blu-ray Laptops

No i think i

i would skip it myself...

@mekonin: they are nice samplers, i have one, but 100 eur is too much..

@cray: heard about too many problematic vaio's. i'd never buy one myself..

12 (edited by plikestechno 2008-07-23 08:44:00)

A Korg Trident MkII for $1000 Canadian dollars?  A guy on Craigslist is seliing one for $1900 so is $1000 a steal? Maybe, but I'm thinking a no vote on the synth based on the gear I have already. Anything vintage analog is just going for dumb money now. A guy paid almost $1000 for a Rogue on Ebay the other day. Yeeeeeeeeeeeesshhhhhhh.

What do you think about MFB (drum)synths?

I heard that they're cheap for the quality you get...

i can have a Yamaha CS15D for 150eur should i buy?

Ensoniq EPS? prolly under 250usd

eps's should be worth a lot less.. all samplers these days are virtually worthless..

17 (edited by ratsnake 2008-08-07 10:53:48)

i just want a keyboard that has full sized keys,velocity, more than 1 octave and does something on its own too. sampler or synth...synth like juno2 is on the top of the list. Old keyboard samplers are a waste of time for sure, but gotta settle for something sooner or later

Novation Drum station???

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

save yourself some cash and get Gold Baby's 808 sample set.  When I listen to ols tracks I made with the Drumstation I'm not very impressed.

yeah man save the cash.. samples aren't that bad

21 (edited by Erroraudio 2008-08-14 09:25:13)

I'm not a sample kind of guy + I have an 808, it was just as an addon... get a tweakeble 909 kick, hats and random.
Would it do the trick for that?

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

plikestechno wrote:

A Korg Trident MkII for $1000 Canadian dollars?  A guy on Craigslist is seliing one for $1900 so is $1000 a steal? Maybe, but I'm thinking a no vote on the synth based on the gear I have already. Anything vintage analog is just going for dumb money now. A guy paid almost $1000 for a Rogue on Ebay the other day. Yeeeeeeeeeeeesshhhhhhh.

No that synth is complete bullshit, wayyy to expensive its just a string synth with a very limited synthesizer section. No arpeggiator, no chord memory, very stupid patch memory, no detuning beyond +1 or -1...

Crumar Trilogy, Yamaha SK50D or something like that is the same shit

...I had one it looks beautifull (probably one of the most beautifull synths ever made) but its really not that much in the sound department (the string section is really bad). I noticed that these, for some very strange reason, go for absurd prices...I bought one for 250 euros a few years ago and 250 euros should be what it costs.

A Korg Lambda which has way more beautifull strings go for 250 euros now, or the PS1000...

But i dunno what a Canadian Dollar is actually if its like 20 euro or dollar cents yes then its more interesting.

I saw that craigslist ad here in Mtl and I think It's absurd, the guy has reposted a few times because people flag him for spamming probably.

Should I buy a real doll?

answer this quick questionare to find out:

1: Do you live at  your mom's home? Y/N

2: Do you have more synths than friends? Y/N

3: Does your mom still buy your pants? Y/N

4: Spend more than a couple of hours on the web each day?

5: Over 35 and still single? Y/N

Answer mostly yes and you can buy the doll. big_smile

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++