Re: Should I buy...

Thanks... Is Montreal cheap for Linn???
The unit is midifree and in good cosmetic shape, but some of the sliders are bend and missing caps, and two of the pitch controls are bend yikes . One of the tom buttons trigger like crazy... But the sound OH THE SOUND!!!!

Anyone else with prices from this side of the pond????

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

in my experience Linns can be found in great shape as they were often studio machines and were soon succeeded by other machines.
I'd wait until I found one in better condition if I were you, or deal it down.  But again this is if it was Montreal, and we seem to have a lot of gear from that era, and american made stuff is more common.

The general price of a Linn here in denmark is around 1000can but its because they are so rare here... But in euro land i have no clue what the prices are.
You guys are lucky over there... Moogs Obies and Arps are cheap... "sigh"

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Yes, but they're still a bit rare compared to Japanese stuff, and of course we lust over european stuff instead!

SSM v3 wrote:

Careful no-fi! You're going down a slippery slope there... wink

Well I'm running to plan so far!

Next month I'll get the eurorack up to basic stand alone functionality with some vcas and mod sources, then  after that one 2nd hand or built module a month should be ok..

And processing modules don't seem that crazily expensive anyway. The snazziest piece I'm looking at right now is a time safari.... Maybe something by metasonix. No zeroscillators for me.
:-)

@ Stalker or sneakthief again...

I was at the shop today and so far the synth is okay, but maybe it didn't sound so cool through the headphones I used there. Programming is really a bit complicated but I think it might be manageable. They wanted 350 EUR but said 330 would be possible as well.

Now what I'd really like to know: the knobs don't have "full" resolution when you turn them, you have to hold them down to have a finer resolution. Is it the same way if you use the AN1X as a MIDI controller? I don't think I would like that... of course that's not the only thing that matters to me, but I don't want to find out about that after I bought it...

I too have a serious itch for the AN1x... But wouldn't pay more then 280€...

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

I had an AN1x for about 5-6 years...I don't remember having any resolution issues using it as a MIDI controller (i.e. the knobs always send 0-127), but I do remember mine choking a bit if I tried to send more than one CC at a time.  Maybe it was just an issue with my unit, but if I turned two knobs at once both MIDI messages would be really stepped in a noticable way.

It's a great sounding VA for sure - my favorite of the early VA's - but I just couldn't get on with that interface for some reason (probably laziness).  Lots of switching knob modes with those colored buttons and then digging into that up/down matrix thing to the right of the screen to change effects or whatever....nah.  "Managable" is really good way of explaining the programming.  I had a freeware PC editor for it that made programming much easier, but at that point you might as well use a plugin instead.

Okay thanks for the info!
Well I'll think I'll buy it this evening... it should be fine as a VA and as a master keyboard, and the price seems to be very stable (maybe even rising a bit), so I can just grab it and still sell it again if I should find out it's not the right synth for me wink

1,785 (edited by ZeHa 2011-02-17 16:27:32)

Alright, bought the AN1X yesterday smile
So far I'm happy with it, the only thing that bothers a bit is that it sends Program Change or something to my MPC... hopefully I'll find a way to disable/workaround that...

But now I'm already thinking about getting the next gear, this time by Roland... should I buy it?

http://www.worldofsweets.de/out/pictures/z1/303190g_z1.jpg

That new Roland stuff isn't so bad, really convenient in a live setting, but something like this will defintiely have more warmth:

http://www.gmpopcorn.com/products/images/300x300/5552PR.jpg

lol

What's average price for the Roland MRS-2 Promars?

1,789 (edited by TONY COPS 2011-02-21 18:39:51)

About 700-1200$ I'd say, prices may vary depending on your location.

Thanks for the quick response Tony!

Somebody in town selling a fostex x-28 cassette multitrack for 200 bucks. Curious to give it a try but the price is way too high imo, or is it? How problematic are those things to maintain, do they hold up well after 20 years use? Don't look too sturdy to me..

Saw a DX7-II today, i think around 280€, is that a fair price?

@Schmoltz, it depends on the use, I had an X15 (i think), and it worked fine and looked great even if it wasn't overbuilt.  200 is probably more than double what it's worth.

@Olivier8, here they go for about 280€.

Anybody know about about FX Labs Custom?

There's a rackmount flanger/phaser on eBay that looks interesting :

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … _500wt_922

I've been wanting to get a phaser and a flanger, I wish I could find more info about it.

I've been drooling for this.
Opinions.
(Wrong thread? Hopenot)

Machinedrum sps-1 uw mkII
http://www.masterserviceshop.com/shop/images/Elektron%20Machinedrum%20SPS-1%20UW%20MKII2.jpg

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

200 euro for a juno-6 ?
is it worth ?

fantomas wrote:

200 euro for a juno-6 ?
is it worth ?

Do it!

200 euro is cheap these days, even for a 6. And you can get it retrofitted if you need midi.

200€ is indeed cheap!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

200€ is indeed cheap!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++