51 (edited by disco train 2011-02-11 05:57:19)

Re: 5th March 2011, Intergalactic FM, Panoramabar Berlin

this Boris:

http://ostgut.de/booking/artist/5

we went this weekend. 4 out of 10 of us got in. i would say go early - 1am or after the busy period - 6am. absolutely no idea how they make their decision to let individuals in??
shit hot club though!

aic wrote:

we went this weekend. 4 out of 10 of us got in. i would say go early - 1am or after the busy period - 6am. absolutely no idea how they make their decision to let individuals in??
shit hot club though!

I was one of the group who never got in. When we were trying to get in it seemed like they were refusing people entry for fun (this was about 2 or 3 Sunday morning). I would suggest this a bad time to try and get in. We weren't drunk. I was in a group of 3. You don't get any opportunity to question the decision. 

Never in my life have I experienced such a bullshit door policy. Don't want to alarm any of you going over, I'm sure most of you will be fine, but it can be as bad as people say, and if the night is anything like it was on Saturday past there will be some pissed off robots.

Saying that I'd imagine they might be a bit more chilled out as it's an IFM party and they'll be expecting groups of tourists...possibly?

aic wrote:

shit hot club though!

you can go into the club after 6am! wow, sometimes i get so jealous of the relaxed licensing laws in europe. over here it's always strictly lights on at 3/3.30am roll

i'll need to go back to berlin again sometime soon, had an absolute blast the last time...

From my one experience (and that is enough for me to probably not bother going back) there is something fundamentally wrong with Berghain/Panoramabar.  Whether the door policy is down to numbers, gender, dress, looks, nationality or just plain random doesn't change the fact that those bouncers are a bunch of complete cunts.  I don't care what your job is you simply shouldn't treat human beings like that. 

Give me a small club and a shiter soundsystem, with a sense of community any day.

Jap the Lad wrote:

Give me a small club and a [MEATY] soundsystem, with a sense of community any day.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186534284704498    wink

57 (edited by aic 2011-02-15 20:38:13)

arabot wrote:

Saying that I'd imagine they might be a bit more chilled out as it's an IFM party and they'll be expecting groups of tourists...possibly?

i doubt it.

@jacerida - club has a second wave of visitors in the morning, and then goes on until Monday or something like that.

those of us who got in thought it was a cross between these two moments (but with Surgeon playing)..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icIwKaci3MI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBaCJt9eZLc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJle26E-Lsg[/youtube]

apparently that's an interview with one of the bouncers - would be interesting if a german speaker could summarize it, although i doubt he would give anything away about how they make their selection...

we are coming from romania for this one !

apparently this bouncer is an artist http://ostgut.de/booking/artist/25

serious on daylight

60 (edited by Echolot 2011-02-17 23:25:13)

ha i remember the bouncer from when i was there last time. me and the girl really feared to get turned away, after seeing nicely dressed "stylish" people getting sent away for no obvious reason, as we were both dressed rather shabby, or "sporty", however you want to call it.. but we got in.. it was kind of freaky though because the guy looks just like my father, but without the piercings and tatoos smile edit: well and my dads a bit older but still...

won't make it to the party this time though.

about the video, he doesn't really say anything about how to "get in" or whatever.... just ignore it. he has kind of a wimpy voice i noticed, doesn't really fit for his mean looks big_smile but no offence...

http://www.kojote-magazin.de/2011/keine … esen/2480/ (German)

I should stay at home...

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Running Order Berghain
Boris
Mike Dehnert LIVE
Dj Pete
Rødhåd
Matthew Herbert

Running Order Panorama Bar
Legowelt
Intergalactic Gary
David Vunk
I-F

Running Order Sonntags
Oliver Deutschmann
Clé
Funk D’Void

So, Matthew Herbert and Rødhåd added to the line-up. How shall I make it up to Panorama Bar at all?

From my ONLY experience with Berghain/Panorama bar, when the 4 of us got in 2 at a time at a CLR party (I think it was their 10 years anniversary) I noticed a couple of things about the door policy:

- Dressing up won't help, boy or girl. In fact I suspect they'll rather turn people who dressed up away in favour of people who look more like they're coming for the music.
- Groups of two have a better chance of getting in than larger groups, regardless of amount of girls in the group. 2 men might even have a better chance than a couple...
- Going before 1am definitely helps, but don't panic if you're later. The other duo I was with got in at about 2am.

Anyway, great club and a nice line-up for this night, if you're there have fun!

Finally my favorite dj´s my favorite club! : )

This club is something special and if you conquered the door you will recognize the power of their selection. It´s mostly fully packed so they cannot let in everybody in anyway.

They mostly let you wait for a little moment and might ask you with how many you are apparently their decision is based on your reaction.
Just look confident and all should be fine.

If you want to know more about the door, have a visit at the Residentadvisor forum, they could fill a book with the size of War and Peace with Berghain´s door..

Shame there's not a bridge to go thru .. and a dragon at the end .. Lame !

they don't even have a moat or anything.

And the running order is online:

* 23:59 h - 04:00 h Intergalactic Gary
* 04:00 h - 05:00 h Legowelt LIVE
* 05:00 h - 08:30 h I-F
* 08:30 h - 12:00 h David Vunk

I couldn't wish for a better one!

it will be a MegaMonsterNight! can't wait...

Robothek - radio for robettes and robots www.facebook.com/robothek

Kid_a wrote:

someone better be recording this..

I heard the whole IFM crew are also going to perform on queensday in Amsterdam, any news about that?

Zubeldia wrote:
Kid_a wrote:

Kinda wish I was going now, more for the 12hrs of bedlam than anything.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

'packing my dancing shoes.....'

cycling around a planet called 'Earth'

Zubeldia wrote:
Kid_a wrote:

I really hope too

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

75 (edited by rawshark 2011-03-05 00:30:46)

Mannnnnnn fuck this place. We were coming over for this party until I heard all the horror stories about the hipster door policy. No point in flying to a city to worry about not getting let in. Record please!

PS-love those "stop the bots" questions  big_smile