Re: 5th March 2011, Intergalactic FM, Panoramabar Berlin

Hope everyone who made the trip got into the club. Hope some recordings were made too, looks like a fun night.

77 (edited by sneakthief 2011-03-06 14:06:57)

Unlike the other half-dozen times I've been, this time Gabo, Ana & I weren't cool enough for the doormen but Ferenc came downstairs to yell at them to let us in tongue

Thanks Ferenc!!! It was a nice family-affair and the mood was positive.

I've lived near this club since it opened and the best way for me to describe their policy is 1/2 capriciousness and 1/2 anti-dress code (since they're more likely to let in regular people from the neighbourhood vs. those who are fancier-dressed). So on one hand, clubs in Berlin often die a painful death when they try to cater to sleazier meathead crowds and this is a way to mitigate that. On the other hand, who wants to go to a club where people can get turned away even when they're on the guest-list?

More importantly however is that the sound is still mediocre. A talented live audio engineer and I were just discussing this a few days ago: downstairs has improved a bit since they decided to make the speaker array L-R stereo instead of L-R-L-R (which can be unpleasant to listen to), BUT the new system upstairs was poorly installed. Sure they may have spent 50k on a new Meyersound setup but if you look up the specs you'll see the drivers have a really narrow of of dispersion. This is why you can barely hear any detail in the music on most of the dancefloor. It's like they have their fingers in their ears and whatever you say they just shout: But It's Meyer! ...which makes no difference if you're using the wrong speakers for the job.

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

same shit here sneakthief!  the security are off their rockers.  i watched them punch a chick and knock her to the ground.  shes like half their size.  and we werent cool enough to get in either.    i will never go there again.  berghain can kiss my ass.  fuck those coked up dicks. 

I am just really disappointed.  i was so looking forward to the evening.   sad

Uh

Jap the Lad wrote:

From my one experience (and that is enough for me to probably not bother going back) there is something fundamentally wrong with Berghain/Panoramabar.  Whether the door policy is down to numbers, gender, dress, looks, nationality or just plain random doesn't change the fact that those bouncers are a bunch of complete cunts.  I don't care what your job is you simply shouldn't treat human beings like that. 

Give me a small club and a shiter soundsystem, with a sense of community any day.

Totally Agree here.  They are total jerks.  I used to say berghain was cool but no more.  They were like fucking rednecks at the door.  Like a bunch of asshole cops or something.  totally totally out of line.  i hope that place goes belly up.

Uh

sucks that you didn't get in man, having to worry about that shit really sucks when you genuinely want in for the music sad

so did anyone stay for the full 12 hours and live to tell the tale? smile

and like others have also said, recordings would be amazing if any were made...

stan snackson wrote:

same shit here sneakthief!  the security are off their rockers.  i watched them punch a chick and knock her to the ground.  shes like half their size.  and we werent cool enough to get in either.    i will never go there again.  berghain can kiss my ass.  fuck those coked up dicks. 

I am just really disappointed.  i was so looking forward to the evening.   sad

unlucky mate.

punching girls??!!?

Fuck that risk - booking flight, hotel, time off work to look forward to a club that your highly likely to get snubbed at, by a bouncer that's uglier than a burst abscess.

83 (edited by captain duran 2011-03-06 17:35:23)

Stan, the story really sucks.
I really had a nice eve at Sneak-Thiefs b-day party yesterday, but then left to go to bed, because I was so tired from the night before (and a working day after a few hours of sleep). Was so nice to meet all the lovely ppl again, Lotty, Frigid, Johnnty, Yas... King Kong Klub was also nice with Mick, Queen, Hyboid (man - I forgot to give you the record - sorry) and esp. the drive home with Zora, her friend and Gabbo (nice experience at the Club on Alexanderplatz big_smile )

Michel, I give you a call this week.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

this is why you can barely hear any detail in the music on most of the dancefloor.

Exactly my feeling. I was really surprised by the bad quality of the sound. At the end it was also really loud, I think my ears are still bleeding. I don't know if it's because of the door policy (looks like everybody is shitting in his pants in the waiting) but I found there was something fake in the mood inside. Went in for the 2nd time, same feeling, so I will never return in that club.
I really prefered when Ferenc played at About/Blank for example, that was cool !

man i hope john and justin got in, they were flying out from england to celebrate justin's big 40 

really, punching people, and a girl? for real? seems like the wrong place for a family party.

glad everyone else had fun, in or out of the klub

we were also disappointed by the sound system at panorama bar. the funktion one at the berghain floor was nice though. shame. I still had a good time but that club is just so exhausting. I missed most of vunks set but what ive heard was rocking. anyway, it was nice meeting some robots again, see you next time!

karamanga wrote:

man i hope john and justin got in, they were flying out from england to celebrate justin's big 40 

really, punching people, and a girl? for real? seems like the wrong place for a family party.

they got in this time! happy days.

aic wrote:
karamanga wrote:

Great news, happy days indeed.

jwins wrote:
aic wrote:
karamanga wrote:

Great news, happy days indeed.

sweet news indeed  tongue

It was a fun night with good vibes and great music all night long. First time i heard Abba up there, wich turned out in big party time! Thnks Mister Vunk!!

jacderida wrote:

so did anyone stay for the full 12 hours and live to tell the tale? smile

I stayed inside for 23 hours. And when i passed by this morning around 5am on my way to the trainstation the building was still shaking and party was still pumping.... crazy Berlin nights!

cycling around a planet called 'Earth'

well, only ten hours at the party so only missed the first half of IG's set who rocked some acid that got us into the groove straight away. it's a shame that not everybody got in, this is for me the only downfall of the whole event. everything else was really cool. great fun and music, and was great to meet those i knew before and also some new peeps. until nachste mal!

Prinsen wrote:

I stayed inside for 23 hours.

holy shit, that's a session.
how much money did you spend?

keep hackney crap

I just left Berlin heading home.
Thx for the awesome party!

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

We got knocked back. I was even on the guest list!!!!!! They still wouldn't let me in , when I said I was on the list plus one they were like 'so what, you're still not coming in'. WHATS THAT ABOUT?

Luckily the lovely Mr Mick Wills and Senor RDJX came to our rescue  big_smile

Once I got in, as I was about to put my coat in the cloakroom one of the doormen tried to throw me out again!!!! Saying I wasn't allowed in (??? WTF). Then I guess it must've been the doorman that I-F spoke to told him to leave it and he let go of me and I went in.

Stayed up in Panorama for all of the IFM stuff. Really good tunes all night, I think we left about 11am....

mangalore wrote:

We got knocked back. I was even on the guest list!!!!!! They still wouldn't let me in , when I said I was on the list plus one they were like 'so what, you're still not coming in'. WHATS THAT ABOUT?

Once I got in, as I was about to put my coat in the cloakroom one of the doormen tried to throw me out again!!!! Saying I wasn't allowed in (??? WTF). Then I guess it must've been the doorman that I-F spoke to told him to leave it and he let go of me and I went in.

Stayed up in Panorama for all of the IFM stuff. Really good tunes all night, I think we left about 11am....

Glad you got in though, was wandering if you would make it in.

Really crazy to read all these stories about people not getting in .. Wonder how the bouncers perceived you by your looks etc ..

Went a few times there, never had a problem to get in, but I agree with you guys that this bouncer is basically the biggest wank I've ever seen.

mangalore wrote:

That sounds fair harrowing, esp de guy trying to fuck ya out after getting in!

Bar horror tales, does sound like an epic night.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

Any photos with the door entrance?:)

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jlKCNCI8Qok/0.jpg