Re: Virgo Four

new favourite is "crayon box"

yeah, really amazing release, i listened to all 5 records last night.

had a look on discogs last night, some guy has spoiled the 5/5 party by rating it a 3.

52 5/5 votes and 1 3/5 - bah, some people have no taste! big_smile

it's the same problem with the rating system on IFM, some peeps just like to downvote.. it just makes no sence
also with the agree/don't agree on discogs comments..

Vlam Aan

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
like-a-kim wrote:

I ordered the virgo box at rush hour together with some other stuff, but UPS delivered the package at the wrong address and they don't even know which!!!???
I asked them to deliver it at my working place, but the whole building was closed on Monday and when I checked my status on Tuesday it stated "delivered at reception".
And now I have to contact rush hour again to explain their own mess. Thank you UPS.. NOT
What a bunch of screw-ups
Anyhow, I already now this box will rock tongue

seriously? Djeez, first the soap with Raoul and now this  big_smile  Let's wash "de kater" down with some booze this weekend  smile

I've got the package! I don't know who signed the delivery papers (only possibilty I see is the porter of the building?), but it was sent to my department on Tuesday and now my colleague found a package in our letter box (it was too big to fit of course). Strange things, but nevertheless, happy as a small child .
Have to rebuild a part of the bathroom this Saturday.. in the evening probably listening to my Virgo box  smile

like-a-kim wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
like-a-kim wrote:

I ordered the virgo box at rush hour together with some other stuff, but UPS delivered the package at the wrong address and they don't even know which!!!???
I asked them to deliver it at my working place, but the whole building was closed on Monday and when I checked my status on Tuesday it stated "delivered at reception".
And now I have to contact rush hour again to explain their own mess. Thank you UPS.. NOT
What a bunch of screw-ups
Anyhow, I already now this box will rock tongue

seriously? Djeez, first the soap with Raoul and now this  big_smile  Let's wash "de kater" down with some booze this weekend  smile

I've got the package! I don't know who signed the delivery papers (only possibilty I see is the porter of the building?), but it was sent to my department on Tuesday and now my colleague found a package in our letter box (it was too big to fit of course). Strange things, but nevertheless, happy as a small child .
Have to rebuild a part of the bathroom this Saturday.. in the evening probably listening to my Virgo box  smile

Which means I won't see you for the next couple of months, you're not a Roger as we both know.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/74858_10150095751491474_608206473_7192738_5360904_n.jpg

From the moment you're turning insane, just give me a call.

"A Real Music Hater"

what do you mean? i've learned Roger everything he knows big_smile

jacderida wrote:

some guy has spoiled the 5/5 party by rating it a 3.

52 5/5 votes and 1 3/5 - bah, some people have no taste! big_smile

well he explained why he rated so low

Vlam Aan

tbh, I always get suspicious if a release only gets 5/5 ratings, check all that dub-techno f.e. They all have very high ratings while 99% of it is the same boring stuff every time.
Can't judge for this one, I'm not a house addict so I didn't buy, neither do I care about this release. Don't shoot me  tongue

"A Real Music Hater"

beng!!!

Vlam Aan

Ouch! damned man, why did you pick out my knee? Couldn't you shoot on another part of my body?  smile

"A Real Music Hater"

well i was aiming for your head, and i never miss.. but there were a few blonds across the street, so i blinked  smile

Vlam Aan

well, i just seen his comment, it's hardly an explanation big_smile. from what he's said, it at least makes it sound like it's worthy of a 4 at least...

i know that people have different systems etc. for ratings, but for this release, the whole package is what makes it worth a 5/5 - the fact that it's packaged up in a nice box, and all the recordings were remastered from a selection of dusty old tapes that the 3 of them went to the pain of taking weeks to listen to each and every one of them (as per the notes on the sheet in the record)... that in combination with the music makes it easily worth the 5 for me, and i think that's why so many people have rated it a 5 also.

well, that's just my 2 cents anyway smile

I was wondering how limited this box really is, everyone has it and it's still not sold out smile

so crayon box is still unrated on IFM, you guys talk about discogs rating system, which is useless since the start of it, while IFM rating system is not very used, except by propaganda people (nothing against them, i'd just like them to also rate other tracks...). We are very few to rate, so any votes makes huge differences, come on people, RATE !

marsman wrote:

I was wondering how limited this box really is, everyone has it and it's still not sold out smile

limited on demand i think

Vlam Aan

66 (edited by Scarface 2011-03-14 19:24:41)

kuczera wrote:
marsman wrote:

limited on demand i think

Do there also excist unlimited editions, generally speaking?

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

digital tongue

marsman wrote:

exactly, got a feeling it'll be like that Convextion album

Heard in Tesco's the other day whilst at the meat counter.

70 (edited by black shape 2011-03-15 12:50:03)

it never says anywhere it is limited does it?
how does the record compare to the CD as they both have 15 different tracks, right?

edit: this is why i've got this confused.. "The CD release holds 15 tracks, while the limited edition vinyl box set contains another 15 tracks, totalling a cool 30 tracks."
  but the vinyl has all the tracks doesn't it?

71 (edited by Check Mate 2011-03-15 12:56:33)

The "another" refers to the Vinyl only, meaning CD: 15 Tracks, Vinyl: 30 Tracks!
Vinyl= 15 from the CD + additional 15 Tracks!

1:0 for the vinyl  big_smile

Welcome to the Future...

gotcha!

they removed the comment on discogs, freedom of speech is gone

Vlam Aan

waiting on my box...

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

streppe wrote:
Scarface wrote:

digital tongue

datalimit  tongue

"Are you loving?"