1,826 (edited by plikestechno 2011-03-23 23:05:00)

Re: Should I buy...

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell … Z265907138

I'm pretty tempted by this Polymoog 203a down in Calgary for 1500 Canadian since my quest for a Yamaha CS50 or CS60 doesn't seem to be working out.

Thoughts? Price seems to be a little high but it's relatively local and comes with the pedals and everything.

Thoughts? Price seems to be a little high but it's relatively local and comes with the pedals and everything.

wow!
'..otherwise in mint condition.'!

i was very suprised that prepal has the polymoog at 745
http://www.prepal.com/data/Moog.htm
maybe that is because most of them that can be found need an overhaul
wonder if the seller could drop the price to 1200 in light of the repair to the key and the average sale price?  especially considering a pro one is usually just under a grand and jupiter 8 and prophet 5s are usually going for a  thousand more, the price does seem right as far as I know..
I have seen one minimoog after another turn up here on craigslist, but never a poly..

yeah boyeee

1,828 (edited by plikestechno 2011-03-24 00:35:36)

And it's a 203a which has way more control over the sounds than the later Polymoogs.

I don't know. If he drives it up here I might be willing to pay the extra couple of hundred.

If it was in Edmonton, I'd probably have it already. I'm very much an impulse buyer when it comes to local things. If I have to pay for shipping and worry about it getting broken then I'm a lot more picky.

The non-sounding key was just added today. Somebody probably came over, discovered it, then bailed or tried to get a much lower price on it.

I'm just tired of things that are only kinda working. And all the techs in this city are useless save for things like recapping, power supply replacing or keyboard levelling.

Never buy a polymoog.
You'll go crazy keepin it running.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

I've read a lot this afternoon basically echoing the same thing. About the 203a in particular. But oh well, fun while thinking about it.

I would be crazy enough to buy one, even if it made my tech hate me/rich.  But I wouldn't pay more than 800$ unless it was restored.

You should be able to find a Cs-60 for under 2000$, I passed on one locally for about 1800$.

Yamaha tx7? Don't have any more room for keys. or should I go for one of the other rack-mount DX, Tx, FB?

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

tx7!!! and this for free http://dx7.roundsquare.net/

1,834 (edited by plikestechno 2011-03-24 21:10:35)

TONY COPS wrote:

You should be able to find a Cs-60 for under 2000$, I passed on one locally for about 1800$.

Does everything work on it? I could be interested in giving you a small fee if you were to test it and help him ship it properly. I'm just so scared about having one shipped.

A guy emailed my Kijiji WTB ad last night and offered up a SY-2 and I replied but I haven't heard back from him since. Hope to hear back. It would be less than buying a CS and would satiate my classic Yamaha sound lust for now. I hope he's in Edmonton as I specified in the ad. So far I've been offered a CS50 in Thunder Bay and a CS70m in Montreal but just am scared of shipping and I'd like to test whatever I end up buying.

I really miss my SY-1. Should never have sold it. I didn't even need to. When I bought my first modular I thought I wouldn't need anymore monosynths so I sold them all. Most of them I don't miss but I miss my SY-1.

SY-2 guy just got back to me and he's in Ontario. Goddamn cockteasers who can't read my ad properly!

I don't see why you'd miss a SY, but I'm really not a Yam fan.

The Cs-60 guy had it up on eBay at 1800$ and nobody bid on it because it was pickup only, now he has it on buy it now for over 3k, you can contact him and make an offer, we'll see from there.  Shipping this thing is not advised if you don't have a tech really, it will go crazy out of tune at the least.

I'm sure the T8 kills even the mighty Cs-80 in most applications, stop lusting!

1,837 (edited by plikestechno 2011-03-25 20:04:13)

I love the Yamaha sound. The filter, the envelopes just bounce and my SY-1 had the best portamento still that I've ever heard. I found it a pleasure to use and play with those CS/GX sliders and tabs. It was one of my first synths so I spent a lot of time with it.

I have the CS-80V and while it has the tone pretty much dead on, it just doesn't sound have the "sound." It doesn't sound like youre playing an analog synth obviously.

It is funny that you mention the T8. It is funny that during my crazy modular lust I almost sold it which would have been  really dumb. I've been playing around with it a lot lately. So much so that I'm breaking it down. One voice chip is gone (again,) I've broken a couple of springs and the contacts are getting a little worn in the parts of the keyboard I focus on most. Luckily as far as springs and contacts go they are on each individual key and apparently are "easy" to replace. But yes, there's no reason to sell the T8 ever. I have plenty of modular now (1 case euro, 2 Serge panels, 2 full Modcan panels with a 3rd empty one, and of course the large modular I bought from Chile that I call my Moroder machine.)

The GAS has definitely died down. An old SY or CS would probably extinguish it. Just cruise the local ads now mostly. If I were to sell anything off it would be some monos. Have acquired a bunch again over the past couple of years locally.

You're right about the filter, it's really cool for certain things, my tech modded a Cs-15 to make the filters behave as 1 24db (Solaris mod), it's impressive, the first time I heard decent bass sounds out of a yamaha.

You're lucky about the T8, I remember the price.

Not to pour fire on the GAS but my tech is selling his Cs15, it's has those mods and an Elektor ringmod inside.  He wants 700$ CAD.

Another week, another obsession:

After receiving my tax bill, I decided to let the aforementioned MPC60 slide. I'm still in need of a decent hardware sequencer and been offered an apparently decent working Alesis MMT-8 for a low low price that I'm currently lusting after.

Does anyone own one of these? How tight is the timing on them? And would it suffice to store a 45m live set? I'm not planning on making very complex tracks on it with lots of cc's and what have you. Just, say, four layers of synths + drums

sounds like mmt8 would be perfect for you

I used to love my MMT8.   The mute buttons on the top are great for dropping tracks in and out on the fly.  It's been a long time since I used one but I don't remember any problems with timing

i used to play my live sets with the mmt for many, many years. it'll store that easily provided you wont have millions of pitch bends, or controller data in your tracks.

the tightness of an mmt matches an atari. endfest now has my old one via smackos, and whenever i see it it brings back good memories..

rude66 wrote:

the tightness of an mmt matches an atari. endfest now has my old one via smackos, and whenever i see it it brings back good memories..

which he dropped off here yesterday, your tracklist is still on it smile

TB or not TB

rude66 wrote:

the tightness of an mmt matches an atari.

Say no more... Sold!

big_smile

1,845 (edited by plikestechno 2011-04-04 07:06:32)

Guy here has had a Korg Trident Mk I up for over a month. Some scratchy pots and the tip broken off a joystick apparently. Thought it might make a suitable replacement for ever finding a CS50 or 60 locally.

Going to go see it sometime this week. He wants $1800, I offered 1k, he says we'll discuss. As far as I'm concerned there's no way I'm offering more than 1k. Thoughts? Things to look for?

Is it even worth 1k to me? I like some of the demos. Definitely has a thick sound.

Opinions and reviews seem wildly varied. Is this just going to end up some big pile of junk in my house? Do both versions have the battery problem of the time or just the mk2?

They both sound good.  The MkII has a second envelope so that helps for a lot of synth patches.

The strings are what it's best for, they sound lovely, up there with the Solina and Rs-505 for me.

What I didn't like is that it's huge and both the synth and brass section are quite limited, but that shouldn't stop anyone from making epic synthorchestral patches.

I don't remember the battery problem, but I don't think the MKI has a big battery like the polysix, but the MKII did.

I'd say under 1200$ and it's a good deal!

Should I buy JX-3P for 90eur? I already have Juno 60 and Juno 106 and friends AlphaJuno

mekonin wrote:

Should I buy JX-3P for 90eur? I already have Juno 60 and Juno 106 and friends AlphaJuno

I think so yes - the sequencer on that thing is dope.  Plus, I would imagine you could sell it for more than 90 euroids - go! go! go!

90 euro is a steal, so that's already enough reason to get it. I once passed the jx3p cause I had the jx8p, a 106 and a 60, but I still kinda regret it. It sounds good, it has the sequencer and it's more reliable than the 106.

1,850 (edited by sneakthief 2011-04-05 08:54:51)

This is tempting - wonder what the price will be?

http://korg.com/uploads/Images/monotribe_MAIN_634375269280760000.png

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk