Re: Health and Fitness

http://i.imgur.com/xvha6.png

i swore that i was off bevy for march, but, after that, fuck it, i'm having a pint with my food tonight!

you have no will power

Haha, give me a break mate! smile

polygoon wrote:

I'm pretty obsessed with bouldering at the moment. I also like trail running and yoga. Feels good. I wish I could find more active robots  in the Pacific Northwest...

I'm not too into climbing, but have been some killer hikes, I know very few robots in the northwest. Are you going to the Mike Huckaby show in a couple weeks?

got back to running again! couldn't exercise all of january because of poison oak from a hike so i'm doing 3.5 miles each day at the moment and i'm dyin! slowly buildin it back up..

jacderida wrote:

it's runkeeper - really cool site, you can add your pals on it and help keep each other motivated smile

here's my profile to give you a wee example.

the mapping is done automatically if you have an iphone or something similar, but you can also plot your routes manually, and then save them.

attempting to plot my run today...  big_smile

my arse is killing me.
cycling 25k in 45 mins!

@jacderida  im on it now yas! its quite addictive  big_smile   how do you track your bpm?

so im swimming to strengthen a xmas broken wrist and im starting a 10K programme tomorrow; gonna do a summer 10K and if knees hold up a half marathon - although i dont know why they call it a 'marathon' - its so not  lol

great to see this thread getting bumped, i thought i was the only one who still cared! cool to hear that you're running a 10k - what time you aiming for?

i'm training for a half marathon now (monklands on the 15th of may), i done 17.5k yesterday to log 66k for the week. i'm doing 2 or 3 interval training sessions a week now, which is really hard, but it does make the easy running so much easier. i'm seriously thinking about doing a marathon in september/october if this half one goes well - we'll see smile.

about the bpm - you need a heart rate monitor to get that.

http://i.imgur.com/FvmGm.jpg

10k PB for me tonight! smile

let's see how my legs will feel in the morning...

Winter is pretty much over so, 4th day of protein sparing modified fast + 10 mg fish oil + multi vitamins = party. I cant wrap my head around how you can eat 6-700 kcal a day and not be too bad off. All tuna, chicken breast and cottage cheese + veggies.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

6/700 calories a day?! you could hardly survive on that... do you know someone who does?

opinions on this gadget?

http://www.pycfitness.com/admin/uploadpic/2007319438024327.jpg

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

^^might look good on a bmx (the bicycle not the robot)

i've lost 14kilos since January. stopped alcohol intake midweek (mon-thurs)
still cycling 60kms daily and doing the low carb diet.

it has its plusses and minuses this new slimline me. have had to buy alot of new clothes, trousers in particular.

keep hackney crap

how do you find having a low carb diet whilst doing a lot of cycling? i'm sure you know already, but you get tons of energy from good carbohydrates (wholegrain rice and cereals, fresh fruit and veg etc.). good carbs also naturally tend to have a lot of fibre which is generally good for ridding the body of toxins among other things.

for those reasons i'm getting up to 280g worth of carbs (good ones, mind you) a day and i haven't had a lot of trouble losing weight - i think my training would suffer badly if i cut them out, since it's the main thing that contributes to me getting out 6 days a week.

Fossa wrote:

opinions on this gadget?

http://www.pycfitness.com/admin/uploadpic/2007319438024327.jpg

If you are well trained its ok. If you are not you are going to fuck up your back. If you want the real deal get gravity boots.

jacderida wrote:

how do you find having a low carb diet whilst doing a lot of cycling?

- i think my training would suffer badly if i cut them out, since it's the main thing that contributes to me getting out 6 days a week.

my body got used to it. it only takes me 1hr 10mins to cycle one way to work so i don't need to be full of carbs for the journey.

keep hackney crap

Fossa wrote:

opinions on this gadget?

Better start with push-ups or plank exercise...

Arturs_F wrote:
Fossa wrote:

opinions on this gadget?

Better start with push-ups or plank exercise...

Waht if i can do 40 pushups easily?

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

byron wrote:
jacderida wrote:

how do you find having a low carb diet whilst doing a lot of cycling?

- i think my training would suffer badly if i cut them out, since it's the main thing that contributes to me getting out 6 days a week.

my body got used to it. it only takes me 1hr 10mins to cycle one way to work so i don't need to be full of carbs for the journey.

fair enough - a win, win situation for you then i guess smile

what for?

yesterday hiked around 10 miles though city streets and today finished my first yoga session in 4 months.. with no pain!  im stoked

went for my first ever morning run today: rolled out of bed at 6 and into my running shoes for a 10k. not sure i enjoyed it too much tbh, was quite tired and really hungry. an interesting wee experiment anyway, might do a couple of them a week but certainly not every day...

byron wrote:

i've lost 14kilos since January

thats fucking outstanding.

200 (edited by Scarface 2011-07-09 13:49:07)

Went running again since last week. Today is second time. Gained some weight during the last year cause haven't done any sport apart from walking and some biking. First time I felt my nipples cause I developped some fat on my chest which goes up and down when running....2nd time didn't hurt so much luckily so there's some progress. smile Within some weeks I will probably be in good shape again.

"Are you loving?"