1 (edited by Scarface 2011-05-11 09:41:39)

Topic: Record fair Milan

About to go there just for three days.

Some of you bots went there also I know. Do you have advice on travelling around/from Milan to the fair by bus, train, taxi etc.. Still have to book a place to stay so advice on that is also welcome.

How was the fair for those who went on earlier editions?

http://www.vinilmaniaitalia.com/home5.ing.htm

"Are you loving?"

Re: Record fair Milan

"About to go there just for three days."
-> finally!!! smile

i have been there 2 times, in 2006 and 2008. both times we went there by car. always booked a cheap hotel via internet (just check if there is one close to the fair). and went to the fair by car (there is a big parking place). first time we really had problems to get there. we had no navi and the italiens don't seem to speak english (even the younger ones didn't understand one word). so it took us ages to get from the hotel to the fair and back, although the hotel wasn't that far away. 2nd time with navi (actually that was the reason for mick to buy one) it was no problem anymore. i guess you will fly to milan, or? so bus, train, taxi -> keine ahnung. but i remember that the fair is close to linate airport. so there should be plenty of hotels. just make sure that you print out a map, with all the details, address of the fair etc. otherwise you will spend the whole time on looking for the fair instead of looking for records.

hotels close to the fair:
http://www.activehotels.com/1/1/1440542 … vegro.html
http://www.activehotels.com/1/1/8743-ai … vegro.html
http://www.hoteluna.it/index.asp
http://www.laterooms.com/de/hotel-reser … ilano.aspx
http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/jollymilan2.de.html

4 (edited by Scarface 2011-05-11 15:50:55)

I was waiting for your post cause I know you went there. I think I even go there cause you said I should last time we met. smile

Still not booked a hotel but that shouldn't be a big problem.... I just go there by plane and arrive at the Milan Linate Airport on friday. From there, find a hotel and go back to fair on saturday.

So the Italians (even the young ones) still aren't very good at speaking english...? Hmm, thanks for the warning. I think writing down the adress and hand it over to the a taxidriver is safest. Don't want to lose time looking for the fair indeed!

Vielen Dank!

"Are you loving?"

"I think I even go there cause you said I should last time we met." smile
-> of course! big_smile

"Still not booked a hotel but that shouldn't be a big problem...."
-> if you think so. if i was you i would book it via internet. saves you a lot of time and language trouble. all the hotels above are close to the airport + fair and they are not that expensive either and you could even walk to the fair i think.

"So the Italians (even the young ones) still aren't very good at speaking english...? Hmm, thanks for the warning."
-> yeah, nightmare... really! we were even showing the address to them and asking them for the parco esposizioni novegro, but: keine ahnung!

too bad you only told us today that you are going. mick's birthday is on sunday... it would have been a nice birthday present for him to go there and meet you at the fair. but unfortunately we already have other plans, hmpf...

anyway, we (mick & me) wish you lots of fun and good hunting, Herr Non-Profit Center!

6 (edited by Scarface 2011-05-11 16:28:07)

Thanks for the links of the hotels. Will check them out with Marina!

Yes, I'm awfully late with this...hence the questions about the hotel and transport etc.  hmm Would have been really nice to celebrate Mick's birthday there, ha ha (what an idea! :-). Have a good one anyhow!

Quite excited about this trip to the boot.

Grazie. wink

"Are you loving?"

Well, we've got a hotel (Hotel Riviera) which was quite a hassle cause you had to have a creditcard (which we don't...) but still could reserve with help from a callcentre! Well, that's settled then....I hope. A good night sleep and off we go!

"Are you loving?"

Seems to be an interesting trip. Have fun!

i'm curious about this record fair. report back and tell us how it goes!

@ Scarface
"Well, we've got a hotel (Hotel Riviera) which was quite a hassle..."
-> see?

"...cause you had to have a creditcard (which we don't...)..."
-> no creditcard? hm... well, for stuff like this a creditcard is very handy.

"...but still could reserve with help from a callcentre!"
-> that's cool!

have a good flight you two and enjoy the italian coffee... voll jealous here! and next time go by car, it's a wonderful trip and you can always stop at our place (half way) for a night.

@ totallyouted
size of the fair is approx. 1/3 of utrecht, which is still big enough i think. good thing is that the dealers are different... i only saw a few familiar faces there. most of them are austrian, english and italian (i think roberto is also there, at least the two times i went there i met him + lombardoni has a stand there too, selling goa bootlegs).

11 (edited by Scarface 2011-05-16 18:37:17)

So back in (rainy...) Holland again and feeling very satisfied! My head is full (you know the feeling after going on holiday) of the fond memories. Even though it was just three days it feels like longer (a good sign I'd say). Didn't think I could see such a lot of the city of Milan and the Italians in such a short time but there was even time for that (besides seeing vinylmania). Good weather, good food, drink (italian coffee indeed Queen), beaitiful city. Over and over you see that Italians are very good at giving you a "totalexperience" (if you know what I mean).  Can't explain it in words....you have go yourself to find out! 

And the vinylmania (very important! ;-) was not as big as I'm used to in Utrecht (which is really MEGA) but very good also cause of the large number of Italian sellers (ofcourse!). If you go for only italo disco it's kinda o.k. (o.k. enough I guess) but if you have a broader taste (disco, electronic in every way) it's even better. Most of the sellers are very helpful, even though they often don't speak english very good (which I even find charming), at making a "better price" and giving you tips, have a chat etc.. If you're into all this (and have some money to spend), I'd really recommend you this. But enough talk, the records I found....:

Nightlife Unlimited - Let's Do It Again LP (Unidisc)
Manuel Gottsching - E2-E4 LP (Racket): with the original "sueno latino"
The Creature - The Creature (Farfalla)
Claudja Barry - Claudja Barry LP (Lollipop)
Nadia Cassini - Encounter/Honey 7" (CGD)
Actarus - Goldrake 7" (Cetra)
Electric Kids - The Schizoid Disco Kid/Lost Driver (Isadora)
Eva And Freinds - You're All Alone (Eva)
Hovoyds - I Don't Walk To Talk About It (Crash)
Simonetti/Pignatelli/Morante - Tenebre/Flashing (Cinevox)
Steve Douglas - Anaconda (Fantasy)
Nasty Thoughts - Acid Sex (Kaos)
Image - Hot Stuff (Memory)
B.B. And Band - Wee Thee People LP (Zanza): light blue vinyl
Oxo - Keep On Living (Bootleg): x2 shook hands with (still legendary I think) Mr. Lombardoni smile
Savage - So Close (Discomagic)
Flexter - Profondo Rosso (Discomagic): x2
Primadonna - I Wanna Give You My Heart (Many)
Kroma - Classics In Computer LP (Durium)
Some Bizarre - Don't Be Afraid (Il Discotto): black vinyl  cool
The Human League - Holiday '80 (Virgin)
Deborah Kinley - Guerrilla (Many)
I Signori Della Glassia - Iceman LP (Rifi): my "holy grail" find of this fair.
Wol Vo - Heartbeats (Moonlight)
Raffaella Varra - Bolero LP (CGD): red vinyl
Charlie - Spacer Woman (Mr Disc Organization)
Carlo Conti - Radio (Durium)
Pablo - Experience (Durium)
Evidence - The Evidence LP (Philips)
Moebius - Moebius LP (Voom)
John Paul Young - Soldier Of Fortune (Innovative Communication)
George Watts - Electric Man (Polydor)
Jo Squillo - Oh Fortuna (20th Century)
Nadia Cassini - Get Ready LP (RCA)
Claudio Simonetti - Claudio Simonetti LP (Banana)
Doris Norton - 01 Rave (Top Secret Recordings)
I Signori Della Galassia - Iceman/Proxima Centauri (Out): big_smile
Camaro's Gang - Decamerone LP (Superradio)
Les Models - Les Models LP (Dreyfus)
Weltschmerz - Grundunordnung (Arista)
Richard Romeo - Non Challange (Fontana)
Ennio Manuel And The Cruisin' Gang - One Hit Parade (Cruisin')
Lucky Ross - Lookin' Back (Rainbow)
Bob-A-Rela - Bob-A-Rela LP (Club)
Claudia T - Dance With Me (Loading Bay)
DJFT Band - Music & War (Discomagic)
Heather Parisi - Disco Bambina/Blackout 7" (CGD)
I Signori Della Galassia - Archeopterix/Vulcano (Rifi)
Alberto Camerini - Rock 'N Roll Robot 7" (CBS)
Fantasy - He's Number One 7" (F1 Team)
Mike Cannon - Voices IN The Dark 7" (Memory)
Kano - It's A War 7" (Fulltime)

@Queen
Thanks for all the help once more! Everything worked out fine. Thinking about going by car on another occasion for more "totalexperience". wink

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2581/img1510x.jpg

"Are you loving?"

@ Scarface
"...and feeling very satisfied!"
-> glad to hear this! smile

"shook hands with (still legendary I think) Mr. Lombardoni smile"
-> ha, ha, ha... cool, so he's still selling bootlegs there? did you also meet fred ventura? met him there two times. and does roberto still have a stand?

"But enough talk, the records I found...."
-> very nice list you have there, herr oz! smile

"Thanks for all the help once more!"
-> welcome!

"Everything worked out fine."
-> sehr gut! smile did you went by feet to the fair? was it easy to find?

"Thinking about going by car on another occasion for more "totalexperience"."
-> ha, ha, ha... see? i knew you would like it! as i said, no problem to stay for a night at our place... and maybe we could even drive together then to milan and share the costs.

13 (edited by Scarface 2011-05-18 09:05:12)

"shook hands with (still legendary I think) Mr. Lombardoni smile"
-> ha, ha, ha... cool, so he's still selling bootlegs there?
Yes, he does. What was rather funny that I was standing there with Oxo - Keep On Living in my hands (very naively) doubting if it was the bootleg or not. Then I looked to the left, and suddenly saw Mr. Lombardoni sitting there.... My doubts were gone in a flash!
He recommended me the Flexter - Profondo Rosso (Discomagic) cause he produced it. It's a tranceversion of Profondo Rosse. Not really into this sound but it's rather nice.

->did you also meet fred ventura? met him there two times.
=> Coolex! He wasn't here this time, at least I think...
and does roberto still have a stand?
-> No, not this time. Heard from another seller he was selling on Vinylmania before but that years ago. Maybe it was at the time you went. Would have been nice to meet him once more.

"But enough talk, the records I found...."
-> very nice list you have there, herr oz! smile
Danke!  smile

"Everything worked out fine."
-> sehr gut! smile did you went by feet to the fair? was it easy to find?
We took bus 73 which stops at parco esposizioni novegro three stops from our Hotel. But you could even walk if you wanted too. The first time I asked the hotelowner who was very helpful pointing things out.

"Thinking about going by car on another occasion for more "totalexperience"."
-> ha, ha, ha... see? i knew you would like it! as i said, no problem to stay for a night at our place... and maybe we could even drive together then to milan and share the costs.
->That would be very nice. smile Wondering how it's like at the Queen's Residence... I'll suggest Marina, o.k.?
She had a wonderful time also b.t.w. visiting Milan, musea etc. while I was recordhunting. Fridayafternoon/evening and saturdayevening we went together to Milan and two time it was kind of madhouse. First time because of the cityelections and second time because AC Milan won some kinda final (don't know which). And we came home in Amsterdam, the whole city was jammed cause Ajax won the cup. That was the third madhouse! smile

City (or local?) elections. This is the stand from Il Popolo Della Liberta with free drinks (champagne!), food, music ha ha...incredible. smile

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8/img1502du.jpg

This is the stand of Lega Nord. Before the speech they played songs like Oh Fortuna. Kinda sinister atmosphere.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/237/img1499op.jpg

AC Milanoooh. The town colored black and red.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/162/img1512rq.jpg

"Are you loving?"

@ Scarface
"My doubts were gone in a flash!"
-> ha, ha, ha... i can imagine!

"He recommended me the Flexter - Profondo Rosso (Discomagic) cause he produced it. It's a tranceversion of Profondo Rosso. Not really into this sound but it's rather nice."
-> great tune for: http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopi … 01&p=7 wink
almost as good as: http://www.discogs.com/Jago-Profondo-Ro … ter/194823

"That would be very nice. smile Wondering how it's like at the Queen's Residence... I'll suggest Marina, o.k.?"
-> ja, do it and well, you would stay upstairs at mick's place, sleeping between tons of records! smile

"She had a wonderful time also b.t.w. visiting Milan, musea etc. while I was recordhunting."
-> nice and yeah, milano is a beautiful city. lots of stuff to see there... would love to visit the scala there one day.