Re: Magic Waves

Nice...really enjoying this!

27 (edited by xebeche 2008-07-21 03:22:35)

Hey Casionova , i sent a email to Cyberdance regarding distro .

thanks for all the feedback so far, much appreciated!

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win...

@xebeche - thanks for the suggestion...I've forwarded your email to Casionova - you never know! It's something we have considered in the past, but there may be some rights issues to work out etc.

@mushaden - sure, the only thing there is that a lot of people do like to know the track lengths. And our local GMT time may not mean much to listeners worldwide. The current set of details are dynamically generated and uploaded by our braodcaster software on every track change, although I'm sure we could find a way to add in a UMT timestamp or something like that...

Spruxxx

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win...

the stream is not stable at all here...

Tune in to Pitchounet Radio (24/7) : http://pitchounet.serverroom.us:4360/listen.pls
"The Swiss Fondue Mixture", LIVE each Wednesday 22:00-23:00 on IFM1
MIXES MIXES MIXES

x-bobo wrote:

the stream is not stable at all here...

bit of turbulence earlier on - think the shoutcast server was playing up... seems to be ok now.

still have problems here with the stream...I've tried it in different players !

Tune in to Pitchounet Radio (24/7) : http://pitchounet.serverroom.us:4360/listen.pls
MIXES MIXES MIXES

33 (edited by casionova 2008-07-22 23:36:13)

x-bobo - thanks for bringing this to our attention - I can definitely confirm the stream is working fine over here (UK) as I'm monitoring it on a different machine from the broadcast computer...

The connection was lost very briefly at 22:05 and also at 22:13, but these were the only two glitches all evening and both were only for a matter of seconds. I think the problems you are having might be again to do with local connectivity issues, and I'm very keen to figure this whole thing out so I'm going pass this on to Spruxxx (our technician) so he can investigate and get this sorted out for you if at all possible. He'll be in touch shortly.

Part of trying to provide a good service to our listeners involves us knowing about these problems in the first place, so we really welcome any feedback about technical issues (we can't fix problems until we know they exist after all!)... we want everyone who wants to access the stream to be able to, and please be assured we'll do anything in our power to make that happen. smile

34 (edited by x-bobo 2008-07-23 14:34:16)

ok, thanks for your response casionova.
I checked the stream again togay & I've got still the same problem...
I don't think it's a local connectivity issue, because I can read all the other streams posted here without any problems.
It's probably a problem of bandwidth, because you're streaming in 192kbps...
Don't you have another server in a smaller quality that I can check ?

MIXES MIXES MIXES

X-bobo, sorry to hear about your connection problems, but we only have a 192k stream available at present. It's something we looked into originally, but our broadcaster software doesn't like concurrent streams, and on top of that, our available upload bandwidth is very small. We're running the broadcaster from a home broadband connection, even though the streaming server itself is publicly hosted.

We will certainly consider other options if there's enough interest, but we are currently operating on a very limited budget. So given the restraints, we wanted stream quality to be as good as possible...once again sorry if this is preventing you from tuning in - it may yet change.

no problems, but it's strange because I think the CBS was also broadcasting in 192kbps and I never got any problems for listening to it...

MIXES MIXES MIXES

I see...would you be able to tell me your computer's 'ping' responses to the streaming server's IP address? Might be an indicator of performance - I can give you more detailed instructions if you like.

Or do you run P2P applications (or any other network-intensive app) that could be using a significant amount of your bandwidth and interrupting the stream? For example, we put throttle restrictions on Soulseek et al to prevent them taking up all our bandwidth...

I don't have any P2P applications running here, but I've got the stream of my internet radio on the same line which is running 24/24. But this is long time I have this setup & never had problem to run a 192kbps stream earlier !

Perhpas it's better to contact me in pv for more precisions & the ping thing ;-)

MIXES MIXES MIXES

Sure I'll PM you. We're away from the Magic Waves HQ this weekend, so if you can hang on we'll try and sort this early next week.

love this stream!

glad to hear the true italo gems one after the other tonight

42 (edited by mushaden 2008-11-10 06:26:17)

a track on this "helium robot mix" is sort of blowing my mind... any info?

mushaden wrote:

a track on this "helium robot mix" is sort of blowing my mind... any info?

I'll ask him if he's got one, if he does I'll post it up here...

btw back on the air now after the New Year's festivities.

44 (edited by humangigz 2011-05-29 19:27:40)

( edit : since i can't post it in intergalactic fm related  )
so tuned in on IFM1 and always a pleasure every sunday evening, Italo for the win !