Re: the broken hearts club

huxflux wrote:
karamanga wrote:

Destructive emotions result from errors in judgment.

what do you mean by this?

@Huxflux So it's stoic philosophy - we are in control of how we behave and therefore the consequences ie if we live our life more harmoniously (with nature) then negative destructive emotions won't be so prevalent in our life  wink

152 (edited by Scarface 2011-06-04 00:38:04)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu6ti9063d4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2owjBbYm3A[/youtube]

BUY THE NEW BOBBY O-ALBUM

Heartfelt lyrics and drama guaranteed. It will make your life better!

"Are you loving?"

Fossa wrote:
Henri Puolitaival wrote:

I'm having a crush and it feels great. The tricky part is that I don't know for how long - I'm scared of letting myself to fall in love because I'll end up crying. Now please let me have this...

Go for it, Henri! Don't fear it, man. Be careful, but try not to fear letting go. Don't let the shit of the past ruin your chaces for something good. Not trying is worse than getting hurt.
Just waiting for my next chance.

I think I've found more in common with her within a week than what I did or had in common with my ex during all those years. Of course this still hasn't cleared my head out a bit - I still live in a haze but this is a pleasant kind of haze and the best thing of all, it has pushed the thoughts about my ex somewhere to the background. I hope they would stay there and slowly fade away for good. This sweetie lives two hours away and is far younger than me (illegally young, so to speak) but there's something going on that makes me think that it's just not a naïve summer romance.

Fossa wrote:

Saw my ex yesterday on a club again and i've been depressed all day again. I'm starting to feel i don't have anyone to really talk about this again. Everyone kinda assumes i'm over it allready. I wish i were.
Fuck.

It just isn't so easy - all I needed (or actually need) is to see that my ex is online somewhere and her plain existence can ruin the day. Not to mention that I have to fear all the time that I will bump into her on the street. At this point it's good that we don't know the same people or go to the same places as out of sight is out of mind (for most of the time.) The nasty fucker in me just wants to shout right up to her face that see, I'm finally talking to someone else and I'm feeling happy after all that shit you put me through.

You will have to find your way to deal with it. It's difficult to say what one should do, because what works for someone won't necessarily work for someone else.

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

Henri Puolitaival wrote:

I think I've found more in common with her within a week than what I did or had in common with my ex during all those years. Of course this still hasn't cleared my head out a bit - I still live in a haze but this is a pleasant kind of haze and the best thing of all, it has pushed the thoughts about my ex somewhere to the background. I hope they would stay there and slowly fade away for good. This sweetie lives two hours away and is far younger than me (illegally young, so to speak) but there's something going on that makes me think that it's just not a naïve summer romance.

Oh man I'm glad for you. Better at least than my situation 2 yrs ago at a summer resort.
A gorgeous but likely even younger girl probably had a crush on me. She was really cunning in her ways of seduction, something i had never really experienced before. And when i'd try to ignore her she'd burst in tears. It's not that i was in love with her but it's hard to stay indifferent when she asks you to hold her hands and guide her out of the water because she's afraid of the waves (she was a good swimmer). A true nabokovian lolita. I guess if i got more attention from girls i'd stay more indifferent.

That really fucked me up though. Took me till i fell in love with another girl to get over my feelings for her.

young lolita girls have been the demise of many men. i've had my share and only pain and craving is left.

but they're damn hot!

"A Real Music Hater"

the love of my life was before facebook and stuff.
i have never forget her and she is still affecting my life after 15 years.
this is not good.
unfortunately (or my luck?) i have only one picture of her and she is unfindable at the web (for sure she is married now and has another name)...
she was so damn perfect.

i hate soccer

158 (edited by Kenzaburo 2011-06-25 20:01:25)

You can always think that maybe aging was not so gracious for her and she could be 100kg and look like a monster .. It happens, 15 years is a long time. Bad joke I know but just meant to cheer up really

159 (edited by Fossa 2011-07-15 13:56:03)

Shit. It apparently still gets me. Overcoming this shit has been quite succesful and all the social media blockage has worked fine. But every now and then - just a moment ago her face comes up in a friend's facebook comment.

Heart skips a beat and shitty feeling spreads. What the fffuuuu am i gonna do with this.
I think i need ganja.

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

give me one paff.

i hate soccer

here you go

http://www.linnnk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/if-you-say-jesus-backwards-it-sounds-like-sausage.jpg

I hear I hear ya Fossa. Three years now, even been seeing others, and I still have that same reaction.

Fuck. I was hoping this time it wouldn't take several years.
I guess it does.

I'll just call my friend for that ganja then... wink

but you know what's weird. And i think some of you might be the people that agree or relate with me.
Cheerful and positive music doesn't really help to any of this shit.
But melancholic or eerie music really makes me feel good at these bad times.
Like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE[/youtube]

165 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2011-07-16 03:03:36)

You'll have to move on some day. Tonight I saw my "(ex-)frequently returning Julie", after 3,5 years she talked to me again, she was very friendly. Yes, for a second I had this weird feeling we all know but that soon changed in "she talks to me again: cool, she looks happy: cool, I'm also very happy myself". Nothing more, nothing less.
To roll yourself in your misery or your heartaches is the easy, selfish and comfortable solution, moving on is the harder one but makes you a stronger and healthier person. I've chosen the second because with the first one you waste your time and I fucking hate losing time.

"A Real Music Hater"

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

To roll yourself in your misery or your heartaches is the easy, selfish and comfortable solution, moving on is the harder one but makes you a stronger and healthier person.

Truth.

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

To roll yourself in your misery or your heartaches is the easy, selfish and comfortable solution, moving on is the harder one but makes you a stronger and healthier person. I've chosen the second because with the first one you waste your time and I fucking hate losing time.

Yea, i totally agree. I'm moving on all the time.
It just seems that parts of my brain and heart are not under my command.

the biggest love affair of my life is coming to an end. we have been together three years and i have ridden her senseless every day. but a month ago, my heart was captivated by a different kind of beauty, slimmer, lighter, sexier and i've been riding her every day since.

i feel really guilty but my knees can't take the strain anymore. if any one in london wants a fixed wheel bike i have gone back to gears, its not you, its me, sorry from the bottom of my heart, you will find someone else, better than me, hopefully we can still be friends

keep hackney crap

Lol, damn that was a total "you're moving to your aunty and uncle in Bel Air"

music+xanax+weed=my biggest love affair ever
eventually amph+clonazepam

sad but true

10 days ago, my girlfriend told me that she wanted to be alone again. We lived together for 4 years. She's beautiful and smart, but very silent and introvert. It came as a total surprise to me, and I was left in the dark without any explanation. During the first days I kept her confession to me and felt incredibly isolated. After a couple of days I went to see her to ask if she still really wanted this. Bad move. Of course she did. Panic all over again.
By now, I have a clear moment once in a while during which I think it'll be ok in the end (this is one of those moments). I've talked to some people who also experienced this, and found that very helpful. Comments in this topic seem to confirm that in most cases, time heals many wounds. I do hope that I'll be able to face her again in the future without getting my day spoiled. And that I'll one day understand why she's doing this.
Much strength and support to all bots in the broken hearts club.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

4 years is a long time, jj, if you wanted her for longer you shouda put a ring on it like beyonce says.

just give her time to decide because as is always the case in relationships, you dont matter tongue

jimmy jazz wrote:

Comments in this topic seem to confirm that in most cases, time heals many wounds.

It does, mostly, but expect to work on it if eats you inside. I'm still working...
Try not to fall in to misery and keep on doing whatever makes you feel good and happy, even tough it would feel hard.

And post here whenever you feel like it, at least i feel that it's easier an maybe sometimes even more benefitable to share with semi-anonymous people.
Hang in there.

it's not the factor "time" that heals the wounds, it's YOU who heals the wounds.

"A Real Music Hater"

Gah. Last week when Dopplereffekt was playing I saw that my ex was attending the event on fb. She doesn't even live here anymore. I had such a major freakout. First anxiety attack in over six months. I was nauseous for days. Then when the night finally came, I was a nervous wreck. Could barely eat that day. And what happened? She didn't show up! And I had a fantastic evening. The shit your brain pulls on you, I tell you... It aint even funny.