Re: ++Gear Down!++ Repair Thread

If your in london I will hit you up!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

I am indeed, cheers brother.

Switched on my novation bass station today and the first d# on the keys isn't working anymore. no sound, no midi on this key ;(

no midi either? ouch!!
I'm no expert and sorry I can't give advice, but that sounds like a nasty one. If it was only on the bass station's key, it would have sounded like a dirty/dead contact, easy enough to fix. But no midi as well?

30 (edited by automatique 2008-08-18 14:27:11)

all other keys are working (midi also), only the d# is dead. i'm getting a bit angry, because i have this cute booty only since a month ;(

edit: If i trigger the bass station with other midi gear d# makes sound. is it maybe only a broken contact?

Sounds reasonable..

Sigh....the endless juno106 issue...
one voice has stuck vca...I guess is the damn chip that is going down...

Any info on where I can get those clone chips? (40 euros if not wrong)

is it..
http://www.analoguerenaissance.com/D80017/#Buy
?

automatique wrote:

all other keys are working (midi also), only the d# is dead. i'm getting a bit angry, because i have this cute booty only since a month ;(

edit: If i trigger the bass station with other midi gear d# makes sound. is it maybe only a broken contact?

Don't know why - but when i switched it on today, d# works again! Guess it's a loose connection? Whatever, now i'm happy!

automatique wrote:
automatique wrote:

Don't know why - but when i switched it on today, d# works again! Guess it's a loose connection? Whatever, now i'm happy!

I think it would be an interesting niche to produce tune exclusively without D#. A sort of protest against the D#

fuck me, my urei 1601s got here and the eq of the right chanel doesnt work. the left one does what he is supposed to do the right one is on "normal" and turning the buttons doesnt do jack.

bad couple of days for me here.
got an sy77 and can't get the any midi to work. no out, in or through. the floppy drive also jams up every time i try to load anything from it and it crashes the whole system.

Both personal and gear problems seem to be related to poor communication.

Honey P, why don't you tell this guy how you got those chips for your 106? Seems like you fixed it up purdy good.

Btw, if the amp level and key follow knobs on a Roland JP-8000 are not working properly, that is probably a soldering issue, right? What happens when you tweak either of those two knobs is that the volume goes down to a very low level, as if you were turning the amp level down all the way, even when you're moving it to a higher level. As you twist the knob from lowest to highest setting, there are small punches of sound like it's "catching" at certain times, but it keeps going back to that really quiet setting. Any ideas?

Yes he is,
contacted him and he ran out of chips,
coming soon with an improved version tho,
so you robots know!

pslayvins wrote:

Honey P, why don't you tell this guy how you got those chips for your 106? Seems like you fixed it up purdy good.

Btw, if the amp level and key follow knobs on a Roland JP-8000 are not working properly, that is probably a soldering issue, right? What happens when you tweak either of those two knobs is that the volume goes down to a very low level, as if you were turning the amp level down all the way, even when you're moving it to a higher level. As you twist the knob from lowest to highest setting, there are small punches of sound like it's "catching" at certain times, but it keeps going back to that really quiet setting. Any ideas?

The sliders and pots on the Jp8000 are digital encoders. They are surface mounted and leave not much room for repair. the boards are very tightly packed and finding out what kind of encoder is a pain in the ass, I tried when i had one. Better to send it to a Roland approved tech on this issue.

Honey Peters wrote:

bad couple of days for me here.
got an sy77 and can't get the any midi to work. no out, in or through. the floppy drive also jams up every time i try to load anything from it and it crashes the whole system.

Both personal and gear problems seem to be related to poor communication.

If you can't get your money back on it, bring by my place and I will try to help you out with it.

Just Resurrected my Roland  SVC-350 vocoder. Changed all the internal fuses and she is back on track... MMMM...
But the power LED is no more, any one know what voltage these are?

just remember if fuses burn out, there's usually a reason for it. be careful..

yep.... With you on that one ruud.. perhaps a power supply issue. Progressing with caution.

Sometimes they burn also out because of a external reason (abnormal voltage from the mixer in the jacks, main voltage problem, etc.)

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien

Fixed My Korg Poly 61, removed the leaking Battery, scrubbed the board and repaired the wost affected tracks on the board. Plumbed it back together (minus battery, waiting for the replacement) and hey presto.. Working again!

Also stripped my tr-707 down and cleaned the key contacts, the 6th step button had stopped working. Back to mint..

computerdisco wrote:

Fixed My Korg Poly 61

S T A R !

just fix it   i never seen things that couldn't be repaired

maybe i know the right people wink

my soundmaster sr-88 stopped working a few months ago...wondering what i should do to repair...i can't seem to program it anymore, it will start playing normally for just a second or two, then switch to playing every sound on every step...and then it will gradually filter the high's out until it's just a flat, throbbing kick...and thats all...maybe some kind of battery problem??

Mmm I have a similar problem with both my soundmaster drum machines.. Had a look inside but the boards are crazy in there. too far for my limited knowledge..

Any info you find would be most appreciated here..