51 (edited by Scarface 2011-06-29 11:55:57)

Re: When is there something really exciting going to happen on this forum?

MANASYt wrote:
aratkiLo wrote:

@MANASYt: That's huge Man ! Sounds like future  big_smile
One of the best dance ever though.. Great !

hahah yes! theres more...this one is just dance   yikes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu_hMG2p … ture=share[/youtube]

^^ This sounds like the past though....like The Omen IV (more happy though ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR_uzFbY3q0[/youtube]

@kuczera
I hope it's not too much endless youtubing for you........................

"Are you loving?"

52 (edited by MANASYt 2011-06-29 12:01:03)

aratkiLo wrote:

oMG.. unveiling now proto-2unlimited chinese-klash stuff .. some serious crap's coming.. refreshing ! lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2uMTst … re=related[/youtube]

damn I wish I had a car so I could blast this  big_smile
maybe I should get an E-bike instead ahahah

yeh im not sure if they did the music for the last one or just dance.
but this one is FUTURE   cool

vincentkoreman wrote:

jeez guys...
hope this helps:

With the recon of one of my old hard discs, I found a folder titled ‘lost jams’. These turned out to be RA-X tracks, some transferred from tape, some gathering digital dust. I released a bunch of records as RA-X, most of them heavy and distorted electro on several labels. Insert obligatory discogs list here. In the period 1993-2003, I recorded loads or material, some of it its lost forever when I accidently threw out a box of cassette tapes that turned out to be master recordings. These are salvaged now and digitalized to start a new life on the digital plain. I have sequenced them for you and added a sleeve. The metadata for these tracks is impossible to find, the only way to determine the date for these jams some of the info I have written on the tape. From the vaults again. Feel free to share at will.
-vince / RA-X 2011

http://www.mediafire.com/?5z4mbd6lhtpdbf7
https://rapidshare.com/files/2384721655 … inings.zip

Damn! That's some heavy shit to sneak in a desperate thread! big_smile
Downloading as we speak. Thanks for goodies!

talk about trying to relive the past

MANASYt wrote:

Italo is fading away?

Italo is here to stay for just another while....sorry!  smile

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:
MANASYt wrote:

Italo is fading away?

Word Oscar !

btw. talking about old days/memories - my first chat on CBS 7 years ago was with you smile
I guess some of you have been here even longer...

Always on two turntables, one take, no edits, bla, bla...

before that there was the good ol'globaldarkness days. still seems yesterday it went online, in what, april 2001?
so that's a decade that has passed since then.

damn everything seemed really exciting in those days...

one thing you can learn from GD is that a forum needs interesting people to survive

59 (edited by --/~~~~ 2011-06-29 23:57:16)

nice soundbite but wrong diagnose.
GD had the drama but the drama prevented the site from growing. people may yearn for the CBS times but to me it was mostly a forum with lots of followers. R4R is more like the alumni hangout for people that cannot let go.

But if you like sunsets R4R is a nice place to hang out.

60 (edited by Scarface 2011-06-30 00:28:25)

Flemming Dalum wrote:
Scarface wrote:
MANASYt wrote:

Italo is fading away?

Word Oscar !

btw. talking about old days/memories - my first chat on CBS 7 years ago was with you smile
I guess some of you have been here even longer...

I re-mem-ber bleep bleep... wink

Before CBS I was with Global Darkness. First as a passive "reading only" visitor and later as contributing member Scarface. It even were my first steps with a forum on the internet. Must be more then 10 years ago... Lot of interesting people came and went: such as life! You can be nostalgic about that time and I sometimes am. At a certain point you have to move on though. And exciting things will happen. Even if things are going down hill for a while, I'm sure it will rise again in one form or another (maybe not even on this forum!) that will be interesting and exciting again. Time will tell and time WILL tell, you can be sure about that.

Enough peptalk or?  smile

Also (as if it wasn't clear already maybe....):

The really exciting things happen outside the forum! It's the cause so to say. If the forum is exciting, then that's only an effect.

"Are you loving?"

61 (edited by somaticae 2011-06-30 00:23:28)

Well, I'm very sorry to read all that : I'm new to this forum and also new to all theses great retro electro stuff. I'm 21 and listen to this kind of music since I'm 18 I think. I'm sure there will always be a new generation to listen to that music and talk about it, but maybe not on a forum.

somaticae wrote:

Well, I'm very sorry to read all that : I'm new to this forum and also new to all theses great retro electro stuff. I'm 21 and listen to this kind of music since I'm 18 I think. I'm sure there will always be a new generation to listen to that music and talk about it, but maybe not on a forum.

well, maybe not on this forum
http://www.electroempire.com/

(tbh, i thought this forum looked boring but whatevs)

cuties don't exert

Almost forgot about Electric Empire! Checked out that forum also when I was active on Global Darkness. Those forums shared some interests then. Have no idea what they're up to nowadays...shall have a peek cause I'm curious...

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Almost forgot about Electric Empire! Checked out that forum also when I was active on Global Darkness. Those forums shared some interests then. Have no idea what they're up to nowadays...shall have a peek cause I'm curious...

ask them if they want a fight

cuties don't exert

i didnt really rwead much of what was already written here cos i figured its probably boring waffle. the only reason its boring hewre now is cos theres like 3 or 4 people who ever post anything actually interesting, its pretty much just regurgitated crap like everywhere else. why did it get boring here? cos nothing new happened!! same records same djs same parties same labels. theres more mediocrity here than ever before, and it still gets lapped up, so no wonder no one bothers with this anymore

italo got mainstream and even kids of 19 are listening to it in bars. and this is great. this would not have been possible if not for the likes of GD/CBS/IFM to spread the message.

heifetz wrote:

italo got mainstream and even kids of 19 are listening to it in bars. and this is great. this would not have been possible if not for the likes of GD/CBS/IFM to spread the message.

voila.

"A Real Music Hater"

Yeah but  when I go to clubs in my town and when I hear Italo tracks, it's mostly on awfull remixes.

for fucks sake with italo already  tongue

heifetz wrote:

italo got mainstream

That´s exactly the reason why i lost interest in italo.

I don´t like mainstream music.

I still listen to my italo records, but the the crazy hunting after italian italo records i quitted years ago.

Same happened to me with "underground" electro.

It´s just boring to me now..

depress the repress

71 (edited by --/~~~~ 2011-06-30 14:19:41)

Mr. Satellite wrote:
heifetz wrote:

italo got mainstream

I still listen to my italo records, but the the crazy hunting after italian italo records i quitted years ago.

I guess it's personal taste but still i dont get how people outside of you liking something affects your own interest with the music? Then it seems you like music more for it's cool underground status then for the music itself.

Me, i like it when the music i love becomes more mainstream. I can relate to both pop and indie music now so much better then during the nineties...

it blows my mind when kids classify lady Gaga as electropop. Still on top of its time that's just wicked big_smile

Also this forum ( i guess ) lost many contibuting members after the update, when the half of the posts were cutted off and disappeared.

For me at least it was too much.
It´was the third shock after Cbs ups and downs.

I never recovered from that shit, and the best thing for me was to let it go and don´t caring anymore about it.

I mean i still used to check out sometimes the news here the last year, but i rarely felt like i have to post my newest records or useless posts here.

So yes it got somehow also boring to me hanging out here.

Maybe the r4r forum has become also to mainstream to me  roll

By the way.

Why i have to login in always twice everytime i want to post something ?
That´s annoying

depress the repress

Ok, we get it, things aren't going to revert to the way they were "back in the days". But I for one would like to see some more user participation, and I want to hear ideas! smile

--/~~~~ wrote:
Mr. Satellite wrote:
heifetz wrote:

italo got mainstream

I guess it's personal taste but still i dont get how people outside of you liking something affects your own interest with the music? Then it seems you like music more for it's cool underground status then for the music itself.

Me, i like it when the music i love becomes more mainstream. I can relate to both pop and indie music now so much better then during the nineties...

Haha, now you are not right.
I simply collect music i like, and i don´t give a shit about what others like or not.
And i never collected music for the status beeing underground !

I have a LOT italo records and one day i reached the point when i realized that i have the most of the records i want, and the very expensive ones i will never have, because i don´t feel like i have to attend bidding war one Ebay and paying 200 Euro for and Vg italo record, just to feed some torelli and Discostoria guys.

But anyway it´s hard to explain but i always liked rare unkown records more than well know records.
It´s maybe the passion for hunting and discovering NEW stuff, and that´s for me is somehow not possible in italo section anymore.

depress the repress

Technicolor wrote:

Ok, we get it, things aren't going to revert to the way they were "back in the days". But I for one would like to see some more user participation, and I want to hear ideas! smile

I don´t know but it´s strange that we have 2000 registered members and maybe the half of them have zero or one post.
I think here are maybe 100 people that are contibuting sometimes , an a very few hardcore members like you , Scarface, hysteric are posting in daily basis.

People should be "forced" to post.
We had that back than on Cbs , that an inactive member gets deleted after 3 months of not logging in.

I mean 2000 members and no action ?

Also maybe some more "members section" only for active users.
So the leechers have to posts information to get information, or they can got to the scooter forum.

Making this place again interesting.

Also i liked the solution onc Cbs ( sorry for nostalgia again )that only after 50 posts you got the robot status.
But i am not sure anymore if that would work here again.

--
And again i have to login twice.
Wtf ???!!

depress the repress