Topic: Synth dreams

Ever dream about synths, only the synths in your dreams are these bizzare half-real/half-unreal concoctions?  It happens to me once in a while.  Last night I had a vivid dream I was in a thrift store and I found the following items:

A Casio SK-16 - it was a 16-bit toy sampler with full size keys and a grid of those yellow drum pads.  It appeared to be from around the same time as the other SK`s.  It sounded fucking amazing (this was the only thing I actually heard in my dream last night).

Yamaha RX-15/21 - a drum machine shaped like the RX-21, with a top panel you could replace (that also carried the sounds) to make it an RX-15.  In my dream this unit appeared to be unused, which isn`t terribly surprising.

An Oberhiem MTX-Digi - it was from the same era as the Matrix-6, looked a lot like the Matrix-6, but it was entirely digital. 

So yeah.  I have these weird dreams every once that make me feel like maybe I'm TOO obsessed with synths.   yikes

Re: Synth dreams

I once had a dream that I had a Yamaha RM1X. After that I decided to buy it. Gave it a try and sold it tongue

3 (edited by ZeHa 2011-06-29 15:17:40)

I never understood why the Novation DrumStation is only available as a rack unit, not as a real drum machine with X0X sequencer. From what I have heard so far, it seems to be a very authentic 808/909 clone, so why not take the chance and release it in a real drum machine version along with the rack version?

in my synth dreams i keep finding strange prototype synths from fleemarkets and recycling centers. old korgs and rolands and stuff like that. they are almost same looking as the real life counterparts, but as the dream goes on, they get weirder all the time. growing more wooden panels and rotary knobs ect smile.. oh and one thing common in these dreams is that i can't afford those synths, atho they are cheap fleemarket finds, but i don't seem to have any money even in my dreams smile

So glad it's not just me but I haven't had one of those for a while because I haven't played with synths as much as used to lately!  mad  The one I remember the clearest was years ago I had a dream about a TS-303. It was an acid machine. It looked like a TR-505 which i had at the time except the LCD display was in the middle and had a lot more knobs. The more disturbing dream was when i was playing an upright brown wooden piano except that it said ARP Axxe on it. Then i found myself not being able to detach myself from it, I had been fused!

I've been having regular dreams about the new Fenix, which I've already paid a deposit for.

Okay seems like I misunderstood the thread... it is about actual dreams, not just about gear that should exist wink

Well occasionally I dream of gear, but I can't remember too much. I think I once dreamed of an 808 and once of a 303, and they were both different looking in the dream, especially the 808 looked more like some mechanical machine made out of wood... but there were no special features otherwise, in my dream it was just a regular 808.

I had a dream I was playing a dx7, only it had a wall of knobs and a patchbay. It looked as though the Yamaha industrial design team from the early 80's had designed an old modular system, Woke up thinking it was pretty cool.