Re: Should I buy...

There's an Alesis Andromeda for sale for 1500eur and I'm very tempted...

computerdisco wrote:

Assuming you have a Micro korg, you shouldn't! It's the same synth engine. If you don't have a microkorg, then no more than £250. You can get more synth for your money than a ms2000

ah sound, really, no worries I think I was getting drawn in by the knobs. It was going for £230, so what else would you recommend for the price?

mekonin wrote:

I have never heard anyone say anything good about it.....

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

meschi wrote:
computerdisco wrote:

Assuming you have a Micro korg, you shouldn't! It's the same synth engine. If you don't have a microkorg, then no more than £250. You can get more synth for your money than a ms2000

ah sound, really, no worries I think I was getting drawn in by the knobs. It was going for £230, so what else would you recommend for the price?

It depends what you want it for for... gigging? or studio?

£250 mark its Roland JP8080, ACCESS VIRUS (mk1), Yamaha DX200, Akai Miniak,YAMAHA CS2X and 1, Roland SH32, Waldorf Blofeld Synthesiser, Oberheim Matrix 1000, DX7, Even if your Lucky a Alpha juno Or JX3p.. Remember the Roland MKS 30, 50 and 70 too

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Erroraudio wrote:
mekonin wrote:

Have you heard any bad things?

Ugly, boring, soulless, confusing(The layout is simple but in a work situation it's somehow annoying). I even heard "not analog sounding". These are all second hand remarks, I have never played it myself.

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

How much you guys reckon is a fair price for 1. Moog Prodigy and 2. Sequential Circuits Pro One in the UK?

mekonin wrote:
Erroraudio wrote:
mekonin wrote:

Have you heard any bad things?

The A6 Andy is really a great machine I think, I heard some big sounds coming out of it. Everybody says it is a hassle to edit, but then you must buy a freaking juno60 orso if you want a simple machine :0

1500 Eu is a good price also, here they do 1750 and more

yeah that Alesis sounds really deep full and analog just couldn't cope with the weird design...and its no fun when you have to logarhtyhm envelopes (I mean they are just envelopes why do they have to make it all difficult with math stuff)

on another note
There is a Yamaha DJX for sale here at the thriftstore, looks like some obscure trance workstationkeyboard with a sampler? Is there also a sequencer in that thing? Is it cool? For 50 euros? I saw all the weird youtube movies where they play trance songs and bad hiphop riffs but no in depth review of what it can do exactly...any views?

It kinda looks like an Andromeda actually

Well it's really nice when you can switch curves LIN  or EXP or even can mix beteween curves.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

Squadra Smackos wrote:

on another note
There is a Yamaha DJX for sale here at the thriftstore,

Where? Not that I wanna buy it, just curious where you can find that kind of stuff in this city.

Squadra Smackos wrote:

There is a Yamaha DJX for sale here at the thriftstore, looks like some obscure trance workstationkeyboard with a sampler? Is there also a sequencer in that thing? Is it cool? For 50 euros? I saw all the weird youtube movies where they play trance songs and bad hiphop riffs but no in depth review of what it can do exactly...any views?

We had this version when I worked in a big electronics store :
http://www.synthmania.com/Yamaha%20DJX-IIB/Images/Yamaha%20DJX-IIB.jpg

It was just sampled loops of breaks, synths and fx etc, then you apply some digital effects to it.

It was REALLY bad, but I became good at it. I don't think we ever sold any.

score100 wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

on another note
There is a Yamaha DJX for sale here at the thriftstore,

Where? Not that I wanna buy it, just curious where you can find that kind of stuff in this city.

Just your regular kringloopwinkels, they got shitty home/toy keyboards a lot of the time though I've heard stories of people finding like a Jupiter 4 for 80 euros not so long ago

@tonycops uuu that thing is ugly could sit on top of an andromeda. Anyways I downloaded the PDF manual for that other thing seems that is has a 6 track sequencer with both realtime and step modes  (MC-4 style where you have to enter the note lengths with the numeric pad), 128 general MIDI engine + 100 or so "dance" sounds and a 6 second sampler seems like a Kurzweil K2000 killer

When will you sell it?

Squadra Smackos wrote:

@tonycops uuu that thing is ugly could sit on top of an andromeda.

I lolled!!!

Squadra Smackos wrote:

@tonycops uuu that thing is ugly could sit on top of an andromeda. Anyways I downloaded the PDF manual for that other thing seems that is has a 6 track sequencer with both realtime and step modes  (MC-4 style where you have to enter the note lengths with the numeric pad), 128 general MIDI engine + 100 or so "dance" sounds and a 6 second sampler seems like a Kurzweil K2000 killer

And then I lolled even more.:!!!

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

dynacord pdd-14 for 120euro?

has anyone used this digital delay?

nakoradiomies wrote:

dynacord pdd-14 for 120euro?

has anyone used this digital delay?

I have it and I think its fun. Easy to work with.
Not as warm sounding as a moog delay or something but still very usefull.

computerdisco wrote:
meschi wrote:
computerdisco wrote:

It depends what you want it for for... gigging? or studio?

£250 mark its Roland JP8080, ACCESS VIRUS (mk1), Yamaha DX200, Akai Miniak,YAMAHA CS2X and 1, Roland SH32, Waldorf Blofeld Synthesiser, Oberheim Matrix 1000, DX7, Even if your Lucky a Alpha juno Or JX3p.. Remember the Roland MKS 30, 50 and 70 too

Computerdisco that is an awesome selection of synths/modules!  my preference is to have the knobs, and so I would add novation a station, bass station, supernova, and a nord micro modular.  many of the analog rack modules respond to sysex and can be edited in realtime with a device that sends that kind of info (i have had success with a behringer bcr2000 and alpha juno)

I used to have a ms2000, I gave my craigslist friend that and 75$ for a realistic mg-1 that I fully restored.

I've always found the korg va's to have a rubbery, plastic-y sound.  like a mannequin of analog.  they all are super fun to mess with all the knobs and such and motion sequencing,  but soundwise they are not getting drivers seat or shotgun, they going to the back to make a weird porta noise with the rez and filter envelope turned way up.

there's an artist I like that as I understand it makes all his music with pretty much a microkorg and ableton:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DQRXuBHcWg[/youtube] 

i will say that the ms2000 is a top option to learn about synthesizers  and synthesis but 3/5 on the sound..

yeah boyeee

Squadra Smackos wrote:

yeah that Alesis sounds really deep full and analog just couldn't cope with the weird design...and its no fun when you have to logarhtyhm envelopes (I mean they are just envelopes why do they have to make it all difficult with math stuff)

on another note

if you can get somebody to front you the euros to make an ep that's made only with the djx run by an rm1x I would say go for it

it just loops samples kinda like an sk1 iirc has rca outputs fair amount of hiss and some reverb to try and cover that up that maybe can't be turned off?  also think its hard/impossible to make your own patterns you are mostly limited to messing with the cutoff and resonance on a 2 step garage or hard house preset.  but its got midi so the rm1x can step in to help with that

yeah boyeee

I have found a Crumar BIT MIDI Master Keyborad for 100eur, there's almost nothing about it on the net, I was very surprised to find it exists, it looks a lot like BIT One. I could use a good MIDI master, what do you think?

1,971 (edited by cloud9 2011-10-04 16:25:12)

There's a Bozak CMA 10 2DL (silver) going for $750 US? I've been interested in upgrading my mixer and thought about a rotary but never did get to researching (why people use them over other mixers?) Is this a good price? It's a legendary mixer but why and does it still live up to it's name or are other new remakes from rane and the urei 1620 better choices?

Thanks for the help guys!

Sorry to bump but still wondering about the Bozak CMA 10 2DL (silver) going for $750 US? and i want to go take a look at it today before someone else jumps on it!

Thanks

Moog Rouge 470€ ????

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

thats an ok price for a Rogue, not the hottest synth tho

lorensteele wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

on another note

if you can get somebody to front you the euros to make an ep that's made only with the djx run by an rm1x I would say go for it

it just loops samples kinda like an sk1 iirc has rca outputs fair amount of hiss and some reverb to try and cover that up that maybe can't be turned off?  also think its hard/impossible to make your own patterns you are mostly limited to messing with the cutoff and resonance on a 2 step garage or hard house preset.  but its got midi so the rm1x can step in to help with that

I got it anyways for 50 euros its a pretty cool keyboard (just to be clear its the PSR-D1 DJX something not that weird toy thing above with the 2 tribal tattoo trance jogwheels or the DJXII which are both crap)
huh this thing
http://reactiveprojects.com/guru/studiopix/keyboards/djx2.jpg
its still pretty crap but for 50 euros...
like I said its got a 6 track sequencer both step and realtime, you can turn tracks on/off while playing, a sampler with 12 samples or something 6 seconds max, 128 GM sounds and another 100 extra sounds including some cool esoteric pads and moog (sort off) like basses and also a lot of drum banks and you can turn the reverb off anytime. Best of all its got panflute sounds.

Panflute sounds! You'll have to get a Peruvian band to play on fleemarkets!

Just record it already!