Re: Flying With Gear?

i have hard case and inside i place synths within sponge (few centimeters thick). as long as it's tight inside the case, should not be problems..i guess hmm

what happens when you book something in as a 'musical instrument' on flights. Is it put in a seperate part of the hold? is it put in last?

any experiences?

we looked into this meschi when we went to japan and as long as our guitar cases were under the max weight for luggage and we were within the limits of luggage items allowed, they just counted them as luggage.

i do have some friends that surf though and their boards often get tacked with an extra $150, though I'm sure this varies per airline.. over here i've seen it listed as special items on airline sites which includes music gear, surf boards, etc etc.

worship the potentiometer.

29 (edited by neudphoto 2012-09-23 21:58:10)

rude66 wrote:

ow come on, thats what they are made for. to be used.

actually an sh5 is so sturdy it'll survive almost anything. most 70's gear is. in my younger days when i still lived at home, i transported an ms20 or 10 for years in the front basket on my mum's bike. it bounced around for the whole ride, got wet, cold, hot.. and the thing always worked.

True- some synths like the MS-20 are still sturdy as a tank..
I used to carry it in my arms without a case twice a week from multiple subways to the rehearsal spaces and it got banged around a lot. Still works like a charm.

just a wee update... I flew with shit in the hold, paid extra to have it put in a fragile compartment, and no problems at all... hoorah!

I bought a large Gator case and packed it full of bubble wrap, with foam around protruding joysticks etc.

**707 went on as hand luggage... damn straight big_smile

i took my six string bass from the US to holland last year as a musical instrument, and it wasn't charged as 'extra'.. we were full to the max, but that thing is not included in any luggage you have, at least with british airways it wasn't..