Re: The Last 50 sec. of CBS

ha, not mad

honest question... nm

if cbs forum had stayed would it really be that different from r4r??
i suppose the bots could have rallied round to pay for server costs... too late alas

cuties don't exert

52 (edited by cebteq 2011-11-03 21:06:57)

Don't believe the hype.  How much do we pay for this one.  and if money was so tight how was it possible to turn one cbs into 3 then 4 then 5. Youre being played

oh that's not what i was trying to say...

i don't think cbs forum ended or got deleted because money was tight, but i don't recall anyone putting forward a credible plan (the rallying round was just an example of that sort of thing) about how they'd take it over (and everything that entails). i do remember a lot of "don't do it"s and "we'll do it insteads" but for the guy at the other end - i am guessing the credible plan never came.

i do think cbs forum would - sans cbs - have gone the way r4r has gone. and that was my main point, really.

cuties don't exert

Unless he was able to read the future as tempting as that may be he couldn't have known that WE would create our own and if I recall correctly he was upset at first they we did.  Didn't he force us to take away our ifm section?  And the thing about money is he told me once there was more money than he knew what to do with granted this was atte beginning.  people get greedy

@ cebteq
"Didn't he force us to take away our ifm section?"
-> did he? since the ifm opened its own "forum" there was simply no need anymore to have an ifm section here... that's how i see it.

"Please contact IFMX for further details."

seriously?  um frankly i dont see any of the admins going through that much trouble for such a silly little thing

@ cebteq
"um frankly i dont see any of the admins going through that much trouble for such a silly little thing"
-> sorry, but i don't get it. what do you mean?

that you guys would worry about that

still don't get it... worry about what?

nvm

hm...

@ ytz my pt was that it was stupid to take away the forum knowing that IFM would soon be unveiled.  i'll go so far as to say the cbs was more a forum than a radio since most people admited to not even listening that much.  now if you can prove to me that IFM was developed overnight (only after cbs died) then ill eat my shoe and never speak about this again

there were too many end of's and get it while it lasts's. the result was a destroyed forum but just a renamed radio station. but i guess that was the plan all along.

the fact is that i-f just doesn't like forums and ego bla bla, i think that's the main reason that he terminated the forum

Vlam Aan

talk is not free it seems. I'm surprised no one was hurt

I-f definitely disliked the direction the forum went in and all the crap being talked and the constant disagreements so I think to him it was all about the music first and foremost as he's always said "We do radio." and any other platform, website, forum, etc. is secondary. If remember correctly, he said something along the lines that we'd be better off without forums, after RFR was set up.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

obviously he was wrong

You want the shoe rare medium or well done

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

from a reliable source

lol

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell