Re: Record Fair Utrecht

Scarface wrote:

@Freek

If you read on the flyer says: "9 & 10 april 2011 - Jaarbeurs Utrecht".....so only there and then.

But even then it's all a bit exaggerated I suppose (like most flyers).

they forgot to add 'underground' and 'limited edition' wink

Scarface wrote:

I wonder what IS the vinyl capital of the world though...

for me it's Berlin.. (but I do need to see more of the world to judge about that smile )

TB or not TB

san francisco and new york are also high on that list..

vinyl capital of the world? i guess the www, no?

okay, leaving here! see you tomorrow at the fair... or maybe here: http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=8275

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS-UNuAdlOc[/youtube]

wink

"Are you loving?"

The fair has been great gain. Posted my purchases in the ' last purchases of records' topic. Was nice to meet each other again.!

Yep. This Utrecht Fair was once more a fruitful event for me (and I think for most of the robots who went...?). It's a lot of work but very satisfying in the end. Listening to my found ones (and smiling) now. Like narcisco, I posted them in "last purchases"-thread.

Thanks for all the robots (you know who you are) for coming: the more "souls" the more joy ("hoe meer zielen, hoe meer vreugd" as we say in Holland).

"Are you loving?"

307 (edited by Scarface 2011-04-12 14:24:33)

Didn't buy:
Frederic Mercier - Pacific LP (Carrere): for 40euro
Methusalem  - Journey Into The Unknown (Ariola): for 120euro
Methusalem  - Robotism / Alien 12": also for 120euro...
Kuruki  - Such A Liar: for 30euro: like NM I thought. Already got it though and it can be bought cheaper on the net also I see now.

@narcisco
I read on the italo discogsforum you saw K-A-T-A - Fires In The Night for 250euro (!), right?

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Didn't buy:
Kuruki  - Such A Liar: for 30euro: like NM I thought. Already got it though and it can be bought cheaper on the net also I see now.

@narcisco
I read on the italo discogsforum you saw K-A-T-A - Fires In The Night for 250euro (!), right?

Yeah, It was on display somewhere. I forgot where its was exactly. But I believe close tot the people that had G. Race  - On Fire for sale.

309 (edited by Scarface 2011-04-12 20:22:12)

narcisco wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Didn't buy:

@narcisco

Yeah, It was on display somewhere. I forgot where its was exactly. But I believe close tot the people that had G. Race  - On Fire for sale.

I know which stand you mean. Those guys always have that G. Race hanging behind them and it gets more expensive every time... This time I didn't even ask!

For the price they checked discogs very good or they might be the same sellers(?)...
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master … &ev=mb

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Didn't buy:

Don't despair. I found that one for 1 Euro a few years ago.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

311 (edited by Scarface 2011-04-14 09:17:43)

Klart wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Didn't buy:

That's a really good knakenpoetser-price!

@narcisco

You didn't like that Caesar's Dancer - Take It Easy/Chines Banf I recommended you at the french stand? I saw it was still there later. Too late italo (1988), perhaps?

"Are you loving?"

http://www.recordplanet.nl/images/banners/banner-400x560-bl.jpg
big_smile

.."this world`s a bubble"..

Gee, only less than 2 months to go still...  smile

"Are you loving?"

well yes.. the early digger catches the gem.. wink

Countdown has started: 4 nights to go

zora wrote:

well yes.. the early digger catches the gem..

That isn't always the case.... wink

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:
Klart wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Didn't buy:

That's a really good knakenpoetser-price!

@narcisco

You didn't like that Caesar's Dancer - Take It Easy/Chines Banf I recommended you at the french stand? I saw it was still there later. Too late italo (1988), perhaps?

I totally missed this post the last time, and I can;t remmeber the track anymore, but I guess it had something to do with priorities. I guess I didn't like the song that much, or not enough  to buy it even when it's cheap. 10 times a record of 3 euro that's nice but not to special is still 30  euro smile

Looking forward to saturday, I'll be there early!

http://www.mickwills.com/Pics/Utrecht042011_336.JPG

see you guys saturday!

^^ Hey, hey, hey.....three more day(s). wink

"Are you loving?"

319 (edited by Scarface 2011-11-15 14:26:02)

@narcisco

It was this one. Both sides are great I think if you're into Hi-NRG stuff. And for 3euro it was a bargain.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QZuxJjZTk4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8tcacOxtlY[/youtube]

See you there. Will be early too.

"Are you loving?"

@ Scarface
I sounds a bit late, but it definetely are nice songs. I must admit I don't remember them, so I either I didn't pay enough attention to it (sometimes when you have to check out a pile of records you can misjudge things) or the shape of the record/sleeve was not good enough. I don't mind records being not totally Mint, but some of the records at that french stand (I guess we're talking about this one right smile) had  a bit too much (water)damage, writing or dirt. Some stuff is cleanable, but there some stuff that's not. Honestly don't remember, if that was the case here though smile
I always try not too loose myself too much buying too much at once there. The records are cheap indeed, but a lot of cheap record is still a lot of money, and with some I don't take the risk if I can clean them well. And there are always tons of other stands where I have to look also.

Please don't stop recommending stuff, I highly appreciate it!
And let me know if there's something you search for, I can always look out for stuff, or give an occasional tip (though I think you can give me more tips than the other way around)
Anyway, said it already, but really looking forward!

Queen Of Blood wrote:

http://www.mickwills.com/Pics/Utrecht042011_336.JPG

see you guys saturday!

Nice Duval record! smile

322 (edited by Scarface 2011-11-16 07:58:38)

narcisco wrote:

@ Scarface
I sounds a bit late, but it definetely are nice songs. I must admit I don't remember them, so I either I didn't pay enough attention to it (sometimes when you have to check out a pile of records you can misjudge things) or the shape of the record/sleeve was not good enough. I don't mind records being not totally Mint, but some of the records at that french stand (I guess we're talking about this one right smile) had  a bit too much (water)damage, writing or dirt. Some stuff is cleanable, but there some stuff that's not. Honestly don't remember, if that was the case here though smile
I always try not too loose myself too much buying too much at once there. The records are cheap indeed, but a lot of cheap record is still a lot of money, and with some I don't take the risk if I can clean them well. And there are always tons of other stands where I have to look also.

Points taken. There will be plenty of chances to get that record anyway. wink

narcisco wrote:

Please don't stop recommending stuff, I highly appreciate it!
And let me know if there's something you search for, I can always look out for stuff, or give an occasional tip (though I think you can give me more tips than the other way around)

That's one of the advantages of going together with likeminded people. smile I like giving but also receiving tips. Even will buy/sell an occasional non-profitrecord if I feel like it.

"Are you loving?"

cu saturday! looking forward!  big_smile

http://recordplanet.nl/images/recordfair/pictures/fotojb1104/400/recordfair46.jpg

from april 2011..;-)

is it worth going sunday only? as i dj on friday, i probably can't make it saturday. i read that prices are often reduced on sunday afternoon, is this true?