Topic: Stolen Record Bag

"REQUEST FOR HELP!

After playing Thunder on Saturday, John Heckle had his records stolen on the train from Euston to Liverpool Lime Street, which stops at places including Milton Keynes, Northampton, Crewe and Runcorn.

It is quite a unusual collection, so they won’t be easy to shift, The bag contained lots records on Dance Mania, Mathematics, UK house label Jack Trax and some more modern techno on probe and hardwax etc. Things to look out for include: Public Energy Three O Three on a green probe compilation. The Jack Trax Album Compilation with Finger Inc ‘Distant Planet’. Sparks ‘Beat the clock’ on the Giorgio Moroder compilation. Gherkin Jerks ‘Din Sync’, House factors ‘Play it loud‘ and Lil Louis ‘How I Feel’.

If you know any record dealers, please let them know. If you are offered any records like these or see them on eBay or Discogs, please let him know. Contact him via Facebook."

Re: Stolen Record Bag

I wish John well in having his records returned to him. Being deprived of objects which are precious to one is a horrible experience. Fingers crossed for their return.

George & Mike - Make The Music (Trax)
Gherkin Jerks - Don't Dis The Beat (Alleviated Records - ML-2219)
Stopp / Magnifique - Automan 8 (Automan - 12 AUTO 88)
Sendex - Jams From The Past (Bunker Records - BUNKER 3094)
Fingers Inc* / Robert Owens - I'm Strong (Clone Classic Cuts - C# CC10)
Da Posse - It's My Life (Clone Classic Cuts - C#CC18)
Africans With Mainframes - Rock The World (Crème Organization - Crème 12-37)
Chicago Shags, The - Lost In A Blue Night (Crème Organization - Crème Jak X05)
3.2.6. - Just Like Heaven (Dance Mania - DM 037)
Paul Johnson - 11 P.M. Music / 2 A.M. Music (Dance Mania - DM 124)
Li'l Louis* - Frequency / How I Feel (Dance Mania - DM-008)
Capricorn (3) - I Need Love (Delirium Records - DLM M25970)
Mutant Beat Dance Feat Eric D. Clark - In A Daze (Discos Capablanca - Disco Dos)
Larry Heard - Dance 2000 (Distance - SUB 4845.1)
Steve Poindexter - 190 Octane (Djax-Up-Beats - DJAX-UP-165)
Steve Summers (3) - Lucid Fingers EP (Echovolt Records - EvR002)
Various - Paradisco 3000 : Chicago Boogie Sampler 4/4 (Eskimo Recordings - 541416 501169)
Two Of China - Los Niños Del Parque (Future Dance, Future Dance - WESTSIDE 22002, 22 002)
Giorgio Moroder - Electronic Dancefloor Classics 2 (GMR Entertainment - GMR002)
Missing Channel - Atomic Whirlpool EP (Hardwax - HW 003)
Mike Dearborn - Back To The Future (House Music Records - HMR004)
Various - The Deep House Sampler - Volume 1 (Jack Trax - DEPP 1)
Mr Fingers* - Ammnesia (Jack Trax, Jack Trax - FING 2, Fing 2)
Various - Jack Trax - The Fourth Album (Jack Trax, Jack Trax - J TRAX 4, JTRAX 4)
Various - Jack Trax - The Third Album (Jack Trax, Jack Trax - J TRAX 3, JTRAX 3)
Sun God, The - Ancient Echoes EP (Klang Elektronik - KLANG 97)
N. Non Stop* - House Nation / Jack My Body (Kstarke Records - KR003)
Marcus Mixx - T.A.P. (Let's Pet Puppies - LPP 002)
Traxx (4) - To The Beat Bizarre! (Lumberjacks In Hell - LiH 003)
I.B.M. - My Life As A Skinny Puppy (Mathematics Recordings - Mathematics -004)
Hieroglyphic Being - The Acid Test Pt. 1 (Mathematics Recordings - MATHEMATICS-002)
Various - Historical Archives Volume 5 (Members Only)
Robert Görl - Darling Don't Leave Me (Extended Mix) (Mute - 12 MUTE 31)
Saturn V / X2 - Rhythm Relics (Nation - NATION 009)
Various - Soothing Melodic Masterpieces Vol 1 (Not On Label - LPW-001)
Various - Forgotten Moments EP (Not On Label - N° #3)
Chicago (2) / Anne Clark - Super Disco Breaks Volume 3 (Paul Raymond - PR 137)
69 - Sound On Sound (Planet E - PE 69170)
Noni / D'Pac With Terrance FM* - Be My Friend / I Wouldn't (Prescription Classic Recordings - PCR003)
Mark Broom - Angie Is A Shoplifter (Pure Plastic - PP008LP)
Boo Williams - Midnight Express (Relief Records - RR 721)
Gene Hunt - Chicago Dance Tracks Part 1 (Rush Hour Recordings - RH 115-LP1)
Ace & The Sandman / Jamie Principle - House Of Trax Vol. 3 (Rush Hour Recordings,Trax Records - RH-TX 3)
Hieroglyphic Being - Machines For Lovers EP (Spectral Sound - SPC-12)
2 AM/FM - Pt. 1 (Spectral Sound - SPC-34)
Jungle Wonz - Time Marches On (Trax Records - TX135)
M.D.3.* - The Pressure Cooker / Use Me Up (Underground - UN 150)
Jambo! - Drum Attack (Serious Rope Remixes) (Wonka Beats - WONKA 1012)
Jackmaster Hater - Your Mind (Passion) (Warehouse Box Tracks Records - WHBTR 01)
Marcus Mixx - Use Your Mouth 2 Love Me (Unknown To The Unknown - UTTU 003)
Various - Probe Mission 2 (NovaMute - 12 NoMu 10)

Shit, that's not a good list of records to loose. Did someone take it from the luggage racks? C*nts.

In a world where the dead are returning to life, 'trouble' loses much of its meaning.

www.abstract-forms.com
www.abstract-acid.com

Damn...I hope for the best

man that sucks donkies. the whole incident is a great arguement for djing from cdr.
he must be gutted

keep hackney crap

Naw, it only increases the arguement to cut off the bastards thieving hands. I hope they are recovered, wish john all the best.

Let's get Dumb

i'm sorry for him and wish him good luck in getting his records back...

but what i never understand with stories like this is: how can this happen? i mean how can someone steal your record bag?
if i was a dj, i would never leave my records in the dj booth or somewhere in the club without someone reliable having an eye on them, i would always take them with me in the plane and i would never put them in a luggage rack when travelling by train (i would even take them with me to the toilet if i had to pee).

Thieves are not like normal people, they have plenty of ways to rip you off and trick people in a split second.. it happens to the best..

Queen Of Blood wrote:

i'm sorry for him and wish him good luck in getting his records back...

but what i never understand with stories like this is: how can this happen? i mean how can someone steal your record bag?
if i was a dj, i would never leave my records in the dj booth or somewhere in the club without someone reliable having an eye on them, i would always take them with me in the plane and i would never put them in a luggage rack when travelling by train (i would even take them with me to the toilet if i had to pee).

TB or not TB

Wo ein Wille ist, ist auch ein Weg....

i'm with the queen. i'm sorry for john and hope he gets his stuff back, but its not that hard to keep track of your records on a train. in the hectic environment of a club, maybe its a different story...

Do you get many Christmas cards Ruud?

Any update ?

I once got hit on the head with a brick I guess I should keep my eyes open to be more aware of bricks thrown by assholes.  cool

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Girls with skirts can't complain after being raped you know. Life's easy upside down.

@aic: now that you mention it, it's been quiet this year from the islands.. tongue

@s.t.e.n.t.e.c.: ah yes, lets pull the discussion in that direction. let's include jews too. or children in the hands of the church..

i think the queen and i have touched a sensitive subject here.. cool

@rude

Its just the same way of thinking.

You put bag in the train/metro and get robbed = own fault because not constantly watching your stuff
You walk in skirt and get raped = own fault because dressing too sexy

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/12/21/12/enhanced-buzz-24731-1292954250-15.jpg

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

Guyver 303 wrote:

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/12/21/12/enhanced-buzz-24731-1292954250-15.jpg

Gezellig fo shhuure. Max Coolex.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

My brand new record, already stolen. Too bad!

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

Girls with skirts can't complain after being raped you know. Life's easy upside down.

Are you seriously comparing rape with theft? Just because two things are considered crimes doesn't mean they have anything to do with one another.

Theft is most often an economic-driven crime of opportunity and rape is psychological terror combined with physical assault.

OK, it's brilliant that you've pointed out that both crimes have victims - that's where the similarity ends.

Rape is nowadays held as morally indefensible in most Western and an increasing number of Eastern countries. Blaming the victim has become a minority belief, especially in a judicial setting.

---> What Rude & Queen of Blood are talking about is a matter of "due diligence" / "standard of care" / "negligence".

For example, in Germany, if you go on vacation and don't lock your front door properly and someone steals all your shit, most insurance companies won't reimburse you because of your failure to secure your property - that's negligence.

However, this is not an excuse for the theft to occur and does not grant the thief immunity if they're later caught.

In this case, we don't know how negligent the person was... eg. if they left the bag somewhere and walked away - or if someone legitimately distracted him (I NEED HELP!) while another person stole his bag.

The bottom line is: shit happens, bastards steal things and it doesn't make it OK. It's possible to feel sorry for someone while pointing out to others how to avoid this. Human society has evolved because we try to learn from our mistakes and also teach others how to prevent such mistakes.

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

Im not comparing the crimes or the nature of the crimes. I just wanted to point out it's upside down thinking to say "but its not that hard to keep track of your records on a train. in the hectic environment of a club, maybe its a different story...". Which I interepreted as it's the victims own fault due to negligence. Then I point out you wouldn't say that if someone got raped while wearing skirts which could also be 'negligent'. I'm very aware that one should always be alert to not become victim of a crime but in my opionion its ALWAYS to blame on the criminal. Period. They decide to steal, rape, rob or whatever, not you.

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. - I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I laid out a clear and concise concept of negligence, how it doesn't apply to rape and how any comparison between rape and theft is both spurious and specious.

No amount blame is being removed from the thief. It's obvious that QoB & Rude aren't absolving the thief when they also suggest that perhaps negligence is also a factor.

Furthermore, it's important to ask how these kinds of thefts happen. It serves a social function if it can be discussed and people can be made aware of how to prevent in the future.

Believe it or not, it is possible to discuss how to avoid "crimes of opportunity" without being an apologist for such acts. It's very different to ask: "what can we do as an individual to protect ourselves from this type of crime right now!" vs. "what can we do as a society to reduce this type of crime in the future!"

The first is a matter of avoiding personal negligence and the other is a matter of improving social contract - so that, for example, one day insurance companies can't refuse to reimburse a theft claim because you left your door unlocked.

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

What i want to say is very clear:

in my opionion its ALWAYS to blame on the criminal.

i dont think anyone disagrees with that. i certainly don't mean to blame the owner in these cases. my only point was that sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of your stuff: i travel all over the world with my gear and once it's up on a stage somewhere and we're not there to keep an eye on it, its out of my hands. but when i travel with it, i never let it out of my eyesight, and nothing has ever been stolen from us (knock on wood!)

sneak's concept of neglect is indeed a true one. if i sit on a train, fall asleep, wake up and my shit is gone, is that my fault? personally, i think partly it is..

I know what you mean by 'partly', but I think this is just so wrong in our thinking. That we even consider blaming ourselves for not paying enough attention to our belongings when something gets stolen. It's a shame really. If people wouldnt steal so much in the first place we would never came to this point of blaming ourselves.