1 (edited by DenDer 2012-03-02 09:37:38)

Topic: [FS]Moog Satellite 1974 totally restored,Lexicon LXP1 and LXP5 (sold)

For sale:

Moog Satellite SR NR 1067 from 1974. Early model 120V Satellite which has been totally restored by Matana Teknik to the original specs.
Total recap incl. the tropical fish caps which have been replaced with NOS or greenies. New power supply wiring and bridge rectifier incl. new mains connector. All faders cleaned and lubricated, new keybushings, all keycontacts cleaned and the wooden frame was sanded down and finished off with a new satin clear lacquer.
Overall condition is now like near mint with some small user markings. All flip switches are in good condition except teh on/off switch. This one was broken so i grinded it down to make it straight. I think it looks nice.
This Satellite has the preset matrix directly soldered to the main pcb and not like newer models underneath the control pcb.
The VCO, BPF and LPF are build around the Sprague IC's SG 3821 and not like newer models with the CA3046 IC's which are more common.
For some pics check https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 46efc4873f

The sale includes a 230V to 120V stepdown transformer and a breakout cable for CV and Gate connections which are available on the accesoires connector.

Asking 550 euro's

Lexicon LXP1 with user markings and a universal 9V AC-AC adaptor.

Asking 125 euro's

Lexicon LXP5 looks like new with minimal user markings, original power supply and owner's manual.

Asking 175 euro's

Re: [FS]Moog Satellite 1974 totally restored,Lexicon LXP1 and LXP5 (sold)

Oja the items are located in Purmerend, Netherlands and the two Lexicons can be shipped. Moog only pick up please.

2x Lexicon's in one buy = 275 euro's incl. shipping within the Netherlands.

reactions: matanateknik at gmail dot com

Lexicon´s are sold.

Satellite can go for €500,-

Satelitte final pricedrop before it goes to evilbay...

450 euro's

trade options only for Matrix6R, Sixtrak or ESQ1

I thought there where a lot of 70´s 80´s lovers on this forum? Nobody a Moog Satellite?

final price drop 425,-

And it can be shipped if necessary...:D

I dunno, last one on eBay.de sold for 421e.

It's still a single-oscillator preset-synth, so I'm not sure why you're so surprised.

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

i love mine - it has some funky sounding presets and a fast LFO!

.a

Orgel!

almost everybody here loves those sounds.. but also i think almost everybody agrees that the prices for old analogue synths are nuts right now. in my book, a satellite would be worth not much more than maybe 200 euro, restored or not. its a pretty limited thing that sounds nice, but still.. then again, uits easy for me to say as i have quite a few old machines. but with 99% of them, i wouldn't buy them for todays market prices because i don't think they're worth it..

$234+ for the LXP-5  yikes

damn, i got mine for free (granted it's mildly defective)!

Well everything is sold now... Moog has gone for 425 euro's....and it's like Rude says everybody loves those sounds....really the Satellite aint that bad of a synth..it may be a preset synth but i also offered to modify it...when it was on the bench there are a lot of trimmers inside that alter the sound dramaticly and makes the Satellite a usefull synth....and if i didn't already had 2 moog's i wouldn't sell the Satellite it sounds warm and creamy....but most people read the description and price tag on VSE and really believe that that info is the right one but that info is almost 10 years old...
That LXP-5 was gone within a few days for my asking price....read asking....and to be honest at the moment i was selling mine there weren't any other for sale.....that's the market nowadays and people are willing to pay these prices.....i think hardware is getting more and more populair with rookies......and to be honest a Satellite sounds better than any bloody VST....