http://fairlightinstruments.com.au/

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Re: New Fairlight....?

Did aliens abduct you a couple of years ago? smile

I have had the odd black spot or 2...

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

lol smile I know what you mean... even if I try to use technical means to avoid being uninformed, I still lack a thing or two smile

Regarding the new Fairlight, it is a nice toy - but for the price you would pay that, there are much better solutions in my
opinion (a Kyma system comes to mind, with a big touchscreen - that would be half the price of the Fairlight).

Interestingly, I noticed that there is some sort of active market for the latest "old" Fairlight devices, starting from the MFX
up to the latest gear - and to my surprise, the prices aren't that high.

I am trying to see whether products such as the Dream Satellite could be a good substitution for a normal pc based
environment. Clearly, being a complete proprietary system from a relatively small manufacturer, spare parts and maintenance
could be an issue in the future. But given the low prices (found a 48 channel system for 600USD), one could theoretically
give it a shot.

Bear in mind that being me a full hardware person, I have hardware outboards - so my main interest is in replacing the pc
as a multitrack recorder. That would finally mean the end of Windows in my studio.

a.