Re: Report bad sellers on internet.

if paypal doesn't wanna play ball file a chargeback at your credit card company. if they care about you they'll do this. gotta have some proof (fotos etc.) though. paypal is notorious at not living up to their claims (buyer protection my ass!).

252 (edited by speculator 2012-08-18 17:12:28)

ok newbie question. i started reading through this.. but didnt read all of it..
what happens when a record arrives broken from discogs?

not sure if there was insurance or tracking or whatever cause i sent three very polite messages and no response.

You'll probably have to file it under "utter shite happens"
I've had 2 deals where the record arrived broken and I've never got a refund or anything in both cases. And not getting replies anymore after damage or not receiving what you've paid for is very common (sadly enough).
Even with a paypal claim it's very hard to get your money back when the record is broken because both parties will claim it's the post's fault.

"A Real Music Hater"

speculator wrote:

ok newbie question. i started reading through this.. but didnt read all of it..
what happens when a record arrives broken from discogs?

not sure if there was insurance or tracking or whatever cause i sent three very polite messages and no response.

Was it packaged correctly?
If not, just file it with paypal as 'item not received' and don't feel guilty.

255 (edited by dolcevita 2016-02-03 11:29:13)

i have to give that old topic new life:

After years i ordered the first time again from DISCOSTORIA at discogs:

- the record still arrived in a pizza box  wink
- as usual the grading was wrong, but if you know that, you can handle it: i knew before that my vg+ record will be at least vg  lol

i hate soccer

Ugh. A warning about a discogs seller called super.soul.records, located in Florida.

Ordered 8 records. He removed two from the order that were missing. Poor start, but ok, it happens.
Total for the 6 records was $47.26. For this he wanted $55 for shipping. By his own terms for shipping, it should have been $35.99 when I did the math. He claims the postal service had increased the rates, but that he will try to get the six records sent to me for $40. Fine. I pay the shipping, the records arrive - and one is completely missing. The rest are generally overgraded, one is supposed to be Mint condition but is more like a VG, with a big scratch on the b-side that crackles and pops all through the song. He refunds me $4, refuses any more. Terrible. Avoid at all costs.