Topic: Hardware set-up and guitar pedals

Hi, I use a Behringer Eurorack with a couple sends and returns. I have two Electro Harmonix pedals in conjunction with an Alesis effects rack. Have about eight channels to work with and want to apply the effects to anything going into the mixer. With the guitar pedals being mono I assume (EHX Worm and Memory Boy), what's the best way to hook everything up to have the signals go out properly?

B

Re: Hardware set-up and guitar pedals

send 1 + 2 the analog effects, send 3 (+ 4) the Alesis / multieffect. You can use the returns but I always prefer to use normal channels for my effect returns so I can EQ 'm. (In your case that would be loosing 3 or 4 channels which is maybe a bit much out of 8).
In 99% of the cases I put analog effects first (flangers, phasers, distortion, etc) and digital effects last (reverbs, etc)..

TB or not TB

3 (edited by RBB 2012-03-20 17:53:43)

Hey thanks for the reply, forgot to mention I just got a YAMAHA MV-802 RACK MOUNT 8 channel mixer, good on the channels wink Nice idea on using effects for the two channels. I guess I was just having issues with the whole mono pedal issue. Getting signals coming from the L or R only.

I couldnt find all the specifications about the MV-802 but some mixers double the signal to 'stereo' if you only put a mono signal in the 'left-channel'. There are also splitter plugs (mono-2-doublemono) but that might cause phase-problems. I'm no technician so maybe someone else can tell you more about that.. smile

RBB wrote:

Hey thanks for the reply, forgot to mention I just got a YAMAHA MV-802 RACK MOUNT 8 channel mixer, good on the channels wink Nice idea on using effects for the two channels. I guess I was just having issues with the whole mono pedal issue. Getting signals coming from the L or R only.

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

I couldnt find all the specifications about the MV-802 but some mixers double the signal to 'stereo' if you only put a mono signal in the 'left-channel'. There are also splitter plugs (mono-2-doublemono) but that might cause phase-problems. I'm no technician so maybe someone else can tell you more about that.. smile

RBB wrote:

Ah cool, using the pedal on the Behringer through the send now with a Y splitter and seems to work, will try to link a couple up together. I think one of the sends, or returs may not be working properly. The Yamaha's ins and outs should be good.