Topic: Drexciya gear ?

hello guys  cool 
do you have any ideas ?

2 (edited by Sham 2012-04-04 22:57:09)

Re: Drexciya gear ?

I remember reading a story ages ago so not sure how true it was (added with the unreliability of memory) that they were so secretive about their studio once after someone broke in / saw it or something they sold all their gear and bought new stuff. Anyway, that's no use to anyone, scroll down this page to the alpha juno 2 thread and i believe Danny Wolfers is suggesting that's one piece of gear they used.

PS this forum is shite, copy and pasting before posting everytime because Im always too slow.

3 (edited by Stalker 2012-04-04 23:22:28)

I recognize in their tracks sounds from sci pro one, korg mono/poly, sh 101, yamaha dx/tx line, alpha juno, and probably other roland juno synths. It's obvious they used 808/909 drum machines.

The bell- like sound on "Hydro Cubes" and "Hydro Theory" is the "Insect" preset from a Roland D-10 / D-110. The preset "Water Bells" from the same synth was used in the Intro of the "Unknown Aquazone" EP.
Check here: http://www.synthmania.com/d-110.htm

and listen yourself d;o) !

Dosen't kill the magic at all for me though!!

Welcome to the Future...

a synth made from squid DNA with a Jelly fish filter

Stalker has pretty much covered it. I don't know of any gear/studio photos. 
4 track tape
SK1 in the LAM work?

7 (edited by crc 2012-04-05 23:00:47)

i wonder if those insect/water bell presets exists for the d-50?
i can surely spot a mono/poly in in many drexciya tracks.
some casio stuff used drums too (besides the obvious 808/909 stuff). probably from a sampler tho.

D-20 does have the presets - however I didn't hear their Drexciya value until now! I love that poor little outshadowed-by-D-50 synth even more now.

As an offtopic: if I recall Stefan Robbers uses the Water Bells preset on one of his tracks as well. Cool!

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

9 (edited by AudaxPowder 2012-04-06 17:44:03)

roland mks-80

Stalker wrote:

I recognize in their tracks sounds from sci pro one, korg mono/poly, sh 101, yamaha dx/tx line, alpha juno, and probably other roland juno synths. It's obvious they used 808/909 drum machines.

A pro one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pry4TMuSnbY

Korg M1 for the voices ?

11 (edited by rockmanrock 2012-04-06 23:45:58)

[youtube]eO2C1XNAeaU[/youtube]

'Jazzy Fluids' from 'Neptune's Lair' has Kawai K1 presets I think, 'Kick Bass', 'Vybes' and maybe others like the organs.  The 'Kick Bass' sounds like a DX Slap but it's grungier.