Topic: Drexciya gear ?

hello guys  cool 
do you have any ideas ?

Re: Drexciya gear ?

I remember reading a story ages ago so not sure how true it was (added with the unreliability of memory) that they were so secretive about their studio once after someone broke in / saw it or something they sold all their gear and bought new stuff. Anyway, that's no use to anyone, scroll down this page to the alpha juno 2 thread and i believe Danny Wolfers is suggesting that's one piece of gear they used.

PS this forum is shite, copy and pasting before posting everytime because Im always too slow.

Last edited by Sham (2012-04-04 22:57:09)

I recognize in their tracks sounds from sci pro one, korg mono/poly, sh 101, yamaha dx/tx line, alpha juno, and probably other roland juno synths. It's obvious they used 808/909 drum machines.

Last edited by Stalker (2012-04-04 23:22:28)

The bell- like sound on "Hydro Cubes" and "Hydro Theory" is the "Insect" preset from a Roland D-10 / D-110. The preset "Water Bells" from the same synth was used in the Intro of the "Unknown Aquazone" EP.
Check here: http://www.synthmania.com/d-110.htm

and listen yourself d;o) !

Dosen't kill the magic at all for me though!!

Welcome to the Future...

a synth made from squid DNA with a Jelly fish filter

Stalker has pretty much covered it. I don't know of any gear/studio photos. 
4 track tape
SK1 in the LAM work?

i wonder if those insect/water bell presets exists for the d-50?
i can surely spot a mono/poly in in many drexciya tracks.
some casio stuff used drums too (besides the obvious 808/909 stuff). probably from a sampler tho.

Last edited by crc (2012-04-05 23:00:47)

D-20 does have the presets - however I didn't hear their Drexciya value until now! I love that poor little outshadowed-by-D-50 synth even more now.

As an offtopic: if I recall Stefan Robbers uses the Water Bells preset on one of his tracks as well. Cool!

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

roland mks-80

Last edited by AudaxPowder (2012-04-06 17:44:03)

Stalker wrote:

I recognize in their tracks sounds from sci pro one, korg mono/poly, sh 101, yamaha dx/tx line, alpha juno, and probably other roland juno synths. It's obvious they used 808/909 drum machines.

A pro one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pry4TMuSnbY

Korg M1 for the voices ?

'Jazzy Fluids' from 'Neptune's Lair' has Kawai K1 presets I think, 'Kick Bass', 'Vybes' and maybe others like the organs.  The 'Kick Bass' sounds like a DX Slap but it's grungier.

Last edited by rockmanrock (2012-04-06 23:45:58)