1 (edited by RBB 2012-04-01 22:01:41)

Topic: Move long distance with gear in tow

Anyone have experience doing a move long distance with gear in tow? Say a permanent move from one coast to another? Will hire movers for basic household stuff, minus bed and couch (pick that up on the other side) but need to get the gear (5 synths, some modules, turntable, mixers, speakers) out as well. My car cannot hold all of it and feel uneasy about  the gear being transported in a container/semi across the country without my eye on it. Who cares about the insurance. Very preliminary planning/thoughts but would like to hear any ideas.

Re: Move long distance with gear in tow

if its packed well and placed in the container with great care, then i don't see the problem...

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

3 (edited by RBB 2012-04-04 16:11:38)

Erroraudio wrote:

if its packed well and placed in the container with great care, then i don't see the problem...

Cool, totally, just need to look into security on the containers/moving trucks. If safe and in good hands, i'm happy cool

I meen if its a big console mixer I would look into seperat transport for that, but a desktop mixer and som other stuff, then i wouldn't worry.

You decide how well you pack it, if you are nervous then build some wood boxes on the american equivalent to our EPAL system...

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Check your tyres, and make sure the spare is accessible once the trunk or trailer is full..
i ended up unloading my gear on the side of the road at night in the middle of nowhere after a tyre exploded

olivier8 wrote:

Check your tyres, and make sure the spare is accessible once the trunk or trailer is full..
i ended up unloading my gear on the side of the road at night in the middle of nowhere after a tyre exploded

priceless advice

And NO TB 303 sticking at the back window in its flashy Roland bag (because of scooter-guys who smash window at red light)

Did that happen to you???

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

just an attempt..

mad

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Erroraudio wrote:

I meen if its a big console mixer I would look into seperat transport for that, but a desktop mixer and som other stuff, then i wouldn't worry.

You decide how well you pack it, if you are nervous then build some wood boxes on the american equivalent to our EPAL system...

egggzacktly! if you are going coast to coast your best bet if you have space is to crate your gear with a little bit of lumber screws some cardboard and foam/towels/clothes or some kind of soft padding inside the box you build

yeah boyeee

12 (edited by RBB 2012-04-09 19:36:32)

Basically going to recreate this, box stuff individually and place in...

http://www.uline.com/Product/ProductPop … _427_L.jpg

That looks right to me....

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Nice and consolidated!