351 (edited by Scarface 2012-04-16 23:27:16)

Re: Record Fair Utrecht

@narcisco
You really had a good deal on that Devil Disco! That other one was twice the price you paid....so not for me... hmm There's always something to find yes. Went two days of which the saturday surely was the best.

@Ray
Definitely hasn't become "a disco thing lately" if it was ever... Just all kinds of stuff so also industrial.

LP:
Moon Birds – Cosmos Nº1 LP (Ibach)
Jonathan – Jonathan LP (AAR)
Eddy Grant - Love In Excile LP (International AZ): finally.

7"
Tommy Seebach – Disco Tango 7" (EMI)
Les Models – Yes With My Body / What A Lovin' Man 7" (Disques Dreyfus)
Jo Lemaire + Flouze - Je Suis Venue Te Dire Que Je M'en Vais 7" (Vertigo)
Nightlife Unlimited – Just Be Yourself 7" (BMC)
Azul Y Negro – Me Estoy Volviendo Loco 7" (Metronome)
Stephanie – Irresistible 7" (Carrere)

12"
Hot Chocolate - Every 1's A Winner/Put Your Love In Me (thanks Narcisco smile )
Cristal – Phonic / La Nuit Pour Nous (Crocos)
Soft Cell – Memorabilia (Some Bizarre)
Masquerade - Everyday Loser (Metronome)
Galactic Nomads – Jupiter (CBS)
Frank Duval – Living Like A Cry (TELDEC)
G. Race – On Fire (Merak): paid the price but it was cheaper than on discogs and no shipping so...
Plastic Mode – Baja Imperial (ZYX)
Stargo – Live Is Life / Capsicum (ZYX)
Alides Hidding – Hollywood 7 (Polydor): 1euro....my bargainrecord this time
Linda Jo Rizzo – Heartflash (Tonight) (ZYX)
Stephanie - Irresistible (Carrere)
Stephanie - One Love To Give (Carrere): should buy the LP Stepahnie also when I saw it there...
Pet Shop Boys – Suburbia (Parlophone): more for the b-side Paninaro
Pet Shop Boys - DJ Culture (Parlophone)
Groove – Dancing And Music / Submit (To The Beat) (Submission)
Jamie Principle – I'm Gonna Make You Scream (DJ World)
Jam & Spoon – Tales From A Danceographic Ocean (R & S)
Andy Romano – Every Time Feel Allright (Cyberdance)
Gaznevada - Living In The Jungle (Chic)
Phantom - The Abyss (ZYX)

Some cheap doubles:
Clio - Faces (Chic)
Chance - A Lover's Holiday/The End (WEA)
The Human League - Being Boiled/ Circus Of Death (EMI)
Camaro's Gang - Fuerza Major (ZYX): for the different sleeve
Mike Francis - Survivor (RCA)
O'Gar - Playback Fantasy (Magic Circus): without PS but only 2euro
Roxanne - Charlene (Coconut): better copy
Gay Men - I'm A Man (Who Needs A Man) (Elite)

It's more fun to dig together, have a chat etc. so thanks all who joined! Missed Endfest (he was there I heard, Rude (cause was playing in Belgium) but also met new people.

"Are you loving?"

@ray: tons of good stuff there, but from sellers who know their prices, or go far beyond into 'rediculous' territory. some double anything that reeks of 'industrial' in price.

hopefully next time we're there again, we had a good time in charleroi, though we froze our asses off in the big hall we played.. i was glad i could warm my hands on the psu's of my equipment!

rude66 wrote:

@ray: tons of good stuff there, but from sellers who know their prices, or go far beyond into 'rediculous' territory. some double anything that reeks of 'industrial' in price.

hopefully next time we're there again, we had a good time in charleroi, though we froze our asses off in the big hall we played.. i was glad i could warm my hands on the psu's of my equipment!

most people who were into industrial stuff are in their fifties now and I’ve seen 3 or 4 really big collections in record fairs
here in the last couple of years, I’m surprised that's not the case over there, as that was where the bulk of that stuff got
sold back then,,,
if you even remotely interested in Throbbing Gristle, make sure you check the new Chris&Cosey live lp, probably the closest
thing to TG since Scatology (just add lotsa hiss and Genesis voice ,and you could be hearing an old IRC K7)

Zanov is ok, not really industrial, the orange lp is more on the tripyhippy electronica tip, Moebius has one cosmic style track.

a good friend flew over for the fair (wish I could join) cant wait to see him saterday see wot he brings back

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

Yes I know Zanov isn't industrial at all, just mentioned it because that was my greatest catch there.
You mean that Carter, Tutti, Void LP? It's on my to-buy list, I like it. To be honest, TG isn't my very favourite industrial, there's much better stuff out there but it's a fact that TG was the blueprint for everything that would come.

e,r wrote:

most people who were into industrial stuff are in their fifties now

well I guess I have an old man's mind when it comes to music, back when I collected ambient like a maniac I was always the youngest collector of the bunch, I was 14 years old and all these guys were like 25 or 30 years old. It's the same with all that experimental and industrial. All my "musical friends" in that era are at least 10 years older than me. Same for Italo-Disco. I'm 31 years old, which makes me a relatively young adept in that kind of music.

"A Real Music Hater"

Im done with Industrial/noise wink

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

Tired of hanging around with the old folks?  wink

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

smile

I still have to work my way thru a massive collection that I scored recently

Klart wrote:
Freek wrote:

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

smile

Klart wrote:
Freek wrote:

yeah, rub it in you ouwe puntenbokser  wink

"A Real Music Hater"

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
Freek wrote:

smile

Klart wrote:

yeah, rub it in you ouwe puntenbokser  wink

with pleasure smile

TB or not TB

Scarface wrote:

@narcisco
You really had a good deal on that Devil Disco! That other one was twice the price you paid....so not for me... hmm There's always something to find yes. Went two days of which the saturday surely was the best.
(...)
It's more fun to dig together, have a chat etc. so thanks all who joined! Missed Endfest (he was there I heard, Rude (cause was playing in Belgium) but also met new people.

That's a little bit too much indeed. The sleeve looked a little bit better than the one I bought, but for me it wouldn't justify the price. I'm glad it was the first record I saw saturday morning. I was actually just asking for the price out of interest, and the price turned out to be  pretty reasonable indeed. Still such a great record.

I never really listened to that Alides Hidding track you bought though it somehows sounded familiar. Seems to be an bargain indeed. Nice track I must say. Guess I should be looking out for the 7"  smile
Speaking about bargains, that New Order - Get Ready record for 3 euro turned out to be a very good deal. It's nt the best New Order record, but it has its moment, i must have the cd lying around somewhere and liked it some ten years ago.

I really like the digging together part too, two (or more) see more than one smile
Oh, if you need to get rid of that O'gar record without sleeve I'm interested smile

narcisco wrote:

that New Order - Get Ready record for 3 euro turned out to be a very good deal

150euro on discogs (!)....seriously? It's the only seller so he thinks the price is justified probably. Discogs only mentions one pressing on vinyl and  various on CD and cassette so it could be rare...

narcisco wrote:

Oh, if you need to get rid of that O'gar record without sleeve I'm interested smile

Saw you have it your wantlist. I lay it aside for you to make a deal: a nice trade perhaps.

"Are you loving?"

actually i was really looking forward to this fair as i finally got a portable record player for x-mas.
but since that shitty thing didn't work (something was wrong with the battery contacts) and because of massive back pain (the heavy portable did the rest) i wasn't really in the mood for digging this time.
problem with the battery contacts is already fixed by putting gaffa-tape on the inside of the battery compartment cover.
so i hope the back pain will be gone till november and i will be in "mint condition" again for digging.
nevertheless, it was a great weekend... since it's always fun to meet all you guys at the fair.

7"
Topo & Roby - Under The Ice (Clever)
Patrick Cowley - Tech-No-Logical World (Metronome)
Primadonna - Flashing On The Floor (Carrere) -> Oh, well... Scarface, you were right! It's my second copy...
The Peppers - Pepper Box (Sirocco)
Max'n Specs - Don't Come Stoned And Don't Tell Trude! (CNR) -> What a story... Tip by Scarface.
Ann Steel - My Time (Strand) -> Birthday present for Mick...

12"
Mario Diaz Feat. Mr. Lee - Can You Feel It (Hot Mix 5)
Modern Mechanical Music - Persia (Sunset Records Inc.)
Opera Multisteel - Eponymous (Orcadia Machina)

LP
Buzz - See You Sioux (Dark Entries) -> I was really surprised that only one dealer had it for sale.

Queen Of Blood wrote:

Max'n Specs - Don't Come Stoned And Don't Tell Trude! (CNR) -> What a story... Tip by Scarface.

The guy who wrote that track, Ilja Gort, is a wine guru today. smile

@Scarface
Would be nice!

@ Ray Van Mechelen
there are quite a few sellers that are specialized in the darkside of electronic music, industrial, ebm, minimal synth, etc.
but as rude 66 already metioned they know about the value of the records they sell.
but on sunday most of them are willing to give a discount.

@ narcisco
"The guy who wrote that track, Ilja Gort, is a wine guru today. smile"
-> hopefully he didn't tell trude about it... wink

narcisco wrote:
Queen Of Blood wrote:

I did my internship at his company which wasnt a really nice experience.. too much of an opportunistic prick imo..

TB or not TB

@ Scarface
yeah, 200 euro is a way too much for the black devil...

some other high priced stuff i saw on the fair:
radionome compilation -> 250 euro http://www.discogs.com/Various-Radionome/release/426518
fall of saigon lp -> 250 http://www.discogs.com/Fall-Of-Saigon-U … se/1032582
schaltkreis wassermann - psychotron lp -> 100 euro http://www.discogs.com/Schaltkreis-Wass … ase/335933
deux - felicita 7" -> 60 euro http://www.discogs.com/Deux-Felicita/release/1480424

Freek wrote:
narcisco wrote:
Queen Of Blood wrote:

I did my internship at his company which wasnt a really nice experience.. too much of an opportunistic prick imo..

really? hm... from a wine guru you expect something different.

@ Ray Van Mechelen
what's a "puntenbokser"?

Queen Of Blood wrote:
Freek wrote:
narcisco wrote:

really? hm... from a wine guru you expect something different.

not from a dutch wine guru wink .. but I believe that was before he went rich pushing wine

TB or not TB

@ Freek
"not from a dutch wine guru wink"
-> ha, ha, ha... guess you are right there!

372 (edited by Scarface 2012-04-18 00:02:12)

Queen Of Blood wrote:

problem with the battery contacts is already fixed by putting gaffa-tape

Now is there a thing you CAN'T fix with gaffa? smile Maybe put some gaffa-tape around your waist/back and you'll be mint in no time. big_smile

Queen Of Blood wrote:

Primadonna - Flashing On The Floor (Carrere) -> Oh, well... Scarface, you were right! It's my second copy...

You can sell it non-profit. wink

Queen Of Blood wrote:

Ann Steel - My Time (Strand) -> Birthday present for Mick...

Nice one! I often have the lyrics in my head: "My time, my time I love my time etc."

Queen Of Blood wrote:

Already saw the clip?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNINcePe-OA[/youtube]

The song has a nice dark atmosphere.

@narcisco
Komt goed met die O'Gar!

edit: typos

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:
Queen Of Blood wrote:

Already saw the clip?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNINcePe-OA[/youtube]

The song has a nice dark atmosphere.

sounds a bit like a bad rip-off of Cicero-Park by Hot Chocolate to me smile

TB or not TB

nice to see everyone at least did some decent scores. that new order lp certainly isn't worth 150 euro but you don't see it much on vinyl. i don't even think i have it.

@queen: i have the max and specs on 12", i think the whole story is longer there. it runs on side a and b.

Queen Of Blood wrote:

radionome compilation -> 250 euro http://www.discogs.com/Various-Radionome/release/426518

ouch. And it's such a damn good LP  sad

google translator, puntenboxer: Punkte Boxer  big_smile

"A Real Music Hater"