Re: Health and Fitness

I was listening to Astro Unicorn Radio when I was running through the forest this morning wink

I am going to New York over easter.
A couple of runs in Central Park or elsewhere would be nice, i figured, and checked the web for suggestions.

It ended up with a registration to compete in the "Scotland Run 10k" on Holy Saturday (Easter eve)

Now I'm already getting a bit nervous...time to start some speed training
Wish me luck! smile

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

well i signed up for the LA marathon but i've been sick this past week and haven't done any serious training whatsoever.

once this sickness is over i need to gear up fast cause i've only got 3 weeks to train for 26.2 miles, i just want to survive it.  tongue

Ive got stretchmarks on my Beer belly anyone else suffer from this fitnes issue ? I think it may have soemthing to do with three bottles of wine a day in France on holiday but cant be sure.

The fitness kick needs to start with some better weather and spring is nearly here.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Galliano wrote:

A couple of runs in Central Park or elsewhere would be nice

there is a great 10 km loop in Central Park. its quite a sublime run for the non new yorker

keep hackney crap

byron wrote:
Galliano wrote:

A couple of runs in Central Park or elsewhere would be nice

there is a great 10 km loop in Central Park. its quite a sublime run for the non new yorker

Yes, Scotland Run is based on that loop.
I really look forward to the race.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

I haven't been visiting R4R much lately but I'm amazed buy the non-activity in this topic smile

Well, I was in New York during Easter as mentioned.
The race didn't finish as good as I was hoping.
The track in Central Park was not very hard but it still had enough ups and downs to prevent me from doing a personal best.

I wasn't in my best shape after some lack of sleep and suffered from the classical fatigue after 6-7km into a 10km race.

What the heck, I had a lot of fun anyway!

Too bad I caught a cold when I came home and was out of the game for 3 weeks or more.

Finally I'm back on track but I lost some of the pretty good shape I was in at the end of March (after 244km of running that month)

Next big challenge is the Stockholm Jubilee Marathon in the middle of July.
We are celebrating 100 years since the Olympic Summer Games in Stockholm 1912 and there is a marathon race held to honor that memory.

I haven't really focused on getting in optimal marathon shape but I hope I will still have fun and perhaps finish the race with a decent result.
Since I have only run one marathon before and struggeled a lot at the end of it, I am pretty sure I will set a new personal best in July.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

Lots of running this year after 2 years of cycling:

June 9: Hedebyloppet, 10km terrain
June 30: Stockholm trail run, 21km terrain
August 23: Bellmansstafetten, 5x5km
August 25: Bellmansstafetten, 5x5km
September 15: Stockholm half marathon, 21km
September 29: Lidingöloppet half, 15km terrain
October 6: Tjurruset, 10km terrain
Ocotber 14: Hässelbyloppet, 10km

I need love

llcoolkm wrote:

Lots of running this year after 2 years of cycling:

June 9: Hedebyloppet, 10km terrain
June 30: Stockholm trail run, 21km terrain
August 23: Bellmansstafetten, 5x5km
August 25: Bellmansstafetten, 5x5km
September 15: Stockholm half marathon, 21km
September 29: Lidingöloppet half, 15km terrain
October 6: Tjurruset, 10km terrain
Ocotber 14: Hässelbyloppet, 10km

Now we're talking smile

Are you running Bellmanstafetten on Thursday 23 as well as Saturday 25 of August? Advanced! wink

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

I'm going to start using the good old golden left foot again this september.

After a 10 year pause, will be joining the local football team again... need to gain stamina and at least 5 kilo's

^Good stuff. We call it Soccer for no good reason around here and I play pickup in NY Chinatown...some Azn's got skills!

"Is that midnight L.A. time or, or Eastern Standard Time, or what? I mean, what timezone is God in anyway?"

http://soundcloud.com/AV15

man, haven't been back on here in ages.

I signed up to the Edinburgh Marathon in May and my training is getting off to a real nice start. Looking forward to it.
If anyone's on runkeeper, hit me up here: http://runkeeper.com/user/paulmeschi/

should be able to lose a good bit of weight, get fit and raise some good charity money smile

That's great Meschi, good luck with training and the race!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

First run for the season... Jeezus. Eating burgers and drinking root beer in LA for two weeks over christmas must have affected my body in some way.

I need love

10 minute miles over here  ..not good  hmm

Can't decide between running or biking? Look no further than - http://www.elliptigo.com/

I need love

elliptigo looks whack, but you can probably go quite fast because you are pushing down with your legs, not in circles.

i've been trying hard to bike more this spring, but all the whisky and joints i consumed during the winter are saying no. i'm just tired all the time  hmm

In another vain attempt to stop being a lazy bastard...i've started climbing, indoor bouldering. Cue large chunks of skin ripped off my hands, and after a climb my arms, wrist & hands are so fatigued i can hardly open the car door. Trying to haul a 13st beer belly up a wall isn't easy/ roll

Let's get Dumb

Just as I was really getting into my climbing I recon it;s all over...started as just a tight thigh now move into my groin and lower abdomen,..and its getting tighter & tighter.  Pretty sure I given myself a 'sport hernia'

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/figures/A00573F01.jpg

Cause

Sports activities that involve planting the feet and twisting with maximum exertion can cause a tear in the soft tissue of the lower abdomen or groin.

Sports hernias occur mainly in vigorous sports such as ice hockey, soccer, wrestling, and football..(and so it would seem climbing)..

Maybe i was just meant to be a fat bastard.

Let's get Dumb

Started mountainbiking again. The first few times i thought i was gonna die, but now i can take much longer blasts in the forest. I've also stopped drinking alcohol during the week and eat less candy. i feel so much healthier now

heifetz wrote:

i feel so much healthier now

i really need to start doing at least something (build up stamina and kilo's), already getting wheezy from reaching for the remote..