Topic: I just started the Juno-106 chip acetone bath

Following this technique:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4lF0xSVQlg

Wish me luck robots, checking on the chips in 18 hours then at 24 and then at the longest 32.

I can't wait to have my Juno-106 back with all it's voices, I'm glad I finally started this.

Re: I just started the Juno-106 chip acetone bath

Good luck!

It's seems to be a pretty successful alternative to replacing the originals with clone chips.  I noticed that synth spa guarantees their acetone bathed chips for life, so probably a relatively permanent fix if you get it right.

I'm about to try the same thing.  Having a hell of a time trying to get the chip out though. Chip still in and board covered in flux.  I'm going to meditate for a few hours and then try again.

i was going to attempt this a while back, even smuggled some acetone out of a lab especially. in the end i had way too much hassle getting the chips from the board so i ended up sending all the boards except the psu to synthspa for full refurbish / calibration. i only paid 100 euro for the 106 so in effect i got a refurbished 106 for 200 euro. value.

Good luck!

I did this on one of my Junos a few years ago. Such a pain to desolder those damn chips.

I didn't have much time to work on music earlier this year so I sent my other 106 to the Synth SPA for a full restoration as some of the knobs crackled and the out would distort really easy. Sounds absolutely amazing now, whatever else he did specifically improved the low end a lot.

Voices are all back, it feel good to have a polyphonic 106 again  big_smile

Now I have plenty of other issues to tackle eventually!