Topic: Pro One White Noise pRoblem

so the noise isn't working on this thing. sound familiar? what could it be?

2 (edited by speculator 2012-07-08 01:55:59)

Re: Pro One White Noise pRoblem

had a pro one for years and the noise never worked. i dont know if its a common problem. sold it for a 1000 and got one with the noise that worked for 900. dont know if i use the noise much now anyway.

probably not common as there doesn't appear to be any reference to it webwide. i found some process decribing how to mod the noise source detailing the output stage of the noise circuit. i wouldn't know what to do when i got there though.

suppose i could feed some noise to audio in if i get desperate.

Maybe you just bought speculator's....

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Haha, I also have a Pro One and the white noise on it doesn't work. That's three so far at least!

turns out it's more than likely a transistor issue and the problem is common after all.

you basically have to swap out the transistor on the noise circuit with a noisier (worse) one.

the noise on mine was just quite so i have solved it (just a little) with another resistor. but as far as its not sounding it might be the "2n4250" or "LM348" (check shematics).... does the AUDIO in stuff work? its the same pot as far as something is plugged into AUDIO IN...

Orgel!

yes, audio in is working without issue.

the part is 2N4250 and is found right alongside the audio in jack on the board.
ordered 10 suitable transistors (2N5087) of which one will surely do the job.

is there some way to check if a transistor will be noisy taking the right voltage without a scope?
otherwise it will be a case of swap / try/ swap/ try...

things became much more obvious once i opened it up to do the swap.

looks like the transistor had been replaced at some time previous but whoever did it didn't get it close to the board so it had these gangly legs. this side of the board gets  very close to the front panel so the legs had bent under pressure and were in contact with each other.

the transistor was probably fine but i swapped it anyway, got it nice and close to the board and things are working per normal.

damn noisy now! PWIIIIIISSSSSSSHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh...  smile