Topic: madrid

hey fellas! anybody got some info on upcoming parties or cool clubs in madrid? i will be there for the next 2 weeks. cheers robots!

Re: madrid

In this week, in friday, there is a party of  in Stardust club(Cool) Isabel La Cat

thanks for your quick reply pe! i guess i will check that i-f date for sure ... and thanks for that 7 euro beer-warning (maybe thats why the name is club 7, no?! smile ) !! i will try to sneak in some booze as usual ...
regards

I think that there is an "offer" 2 combination (whiskey, rum...) x 12

enjoying it here really right now! any news for the weekend here? also can anybody recommend some nice recordshops, fleamarkets, secondhand clothing shops, bars, museums ... smile thanks again

Recordshops of second hand :
Discos La Metralleta  (Plaza de las Descalzas, near of the centre -Sol-)
Discos La Gramola (There is two shops, one near of Sol, in Postigo San Martin 4 that they have a few, and the shop that i go usually is in San Bernardo 52 Street -Underground Noviciado-)

In La palma Street there is two or three shops also (Recycled Music and other shops that I don't visited... http://www.madridmusic.com/directorio/discos.htm)

In Fuencarral street there is thousand clothes shops...

And you can visit El Prado Museum, there is one exposition of Rembrandt. I visited it yesterday
http://www.museodelprado.es/en/ingles/e … historias/

To eat...uhmmm....in the center... in 'Bazaar'  Libertad, 21 street (near of Fuencarral Street). In this zone (Malasa

thanks again pe! nice list, will check it.
cheers

Pe wrote:

Warning! The beer costs 7

i-f tonight! are you going pe?

No, i arrived to Madrid today. This night I go to Stardust Club to listen Bajopresion + Robert Calvin !

7e euro's crazy? There's places in Madrid where they charge 11 per beer...

Was only there a week 2 years ago, so not much reliable info, but one thing I do remember is every sunday there's a massive flea market called El Rastro, not too far from Tirso de Molina (I remembered that name since my hostel was close to there), lots of secondhand clothes and records, tho didn't actually pick up any records there.

I'll be in Madrid from the 5th to the 9th of February. Looking very much forward big_smile.
I'll stay with friends, but still open to sugguestions
for parties and places, where to eat out while day and where to buy food and drinks to bring home, i am a sucker for licor de cafe, if it aint to sweet.

saw this on the forum already: http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=2053

thanks for the info on record shops there pe -

gonna be in madrid from 26th to the 29th of this month, open to change a few days either way, if there's anything special on let me know... cheers!

how'd you get on there robotiger?

Hello somatron. I

...i'm there this Weekend (Fr-su)? Anything!? Thx!

will be in madrid 5 days from wednesday until tuesday. any cool parties ? any update on record store also welcome amigos !

Record Stores:

I recommend you to visit Rotor (http://www.rotordiscos.com/) Gran Vía, 40 6º-1 (It is a flat, so you need to enter to the building and go to the 6th floor) and near is the crazy second hand shop "La Metralleta" Plaza de las Descalzas , in a subterranean place.

This 2 shops are in the center, Gran Vía metro Station.

Also near Tribunal station, on La Palma street are few record stores too.

for the clubbing, you can check this agenda:
http://www.clubbingspain.com/agenda/esp … 011/05/06/

Have fun!

hey erick,thx for the infos.
i knew most of the places you mentionned then wink

went to metralletas & found nothing but terrible crates while 5 years ago i found some italo cheapos.
found some disco & italo near callao in another shop (cheapos too except marzio LP) and just picked a few at rotor after that.
went to a big one in calle de la palma after it but the guy didnt take bank card, just cash & i didnt have the time to withdraw sad too bad cause there were good stuffs

for clubs i went finally to see robert calvin in stardust with some german peepz (ascii disko i guess) music wasn't huge but very nice atmosphere !

I'm moving to Madrid come Sept, more late August.

Looking to move in around Arguelles/Principe Pio as it's close enough to work in Pozuelo.

I'm coming across in the middle of August to sort out a flat to live in.

Was wondering if any Madrid robots knew of some decent websites to use for a few things:

1) Finding an short term apartment/hostel to stay in Madrid, preferably close to Arguelles/Principe Pio in mid Aug.
2) Good property rental websites. Been using Idealista mostly which seems pretty good.

Also, any tips/warnings for the bright eyed newcomer. Anything to be wary about when renting over there?

Also if anyone fancies meeting up as well in August that'd be great.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

Principe Pio is good place to be if you are ging to work in Pozuelo, also because has really good public transport connections with almost everything. Good choice.

Idealista is the website that everyone local use, keep searching there. Also check segundamano.es, but probably idealista has better interface and photos of the places wich probably you are interest to see first.

Try to sign a legal contract with the landlord. If in a future you are going to register as a resident, it will help you to have some kind of helps from goverment in order to pay your rent, and also protect you more as a tenant. Legal time for a contract is minimum 5 years, but when the first one ends, you can decide if continue or not, always making a notification one month before left.
Another tip is that the market of rentals is so wide now, probably you can negociate the price a bit...

Nothing else, take care with sangria, never eat paella at night (we dont do it), visit Rotor record shop from time to time, and check the parties at "Specka" club, where you can meet some people from this forum for sure, and connect with the local scene.

welcome!!

Erick Steele wrote:

Principe Pio is good place to be if you are ging to work in Pozuelo, also because has really good public transport connections with almost everything. Good choice.

Idealista is the website that everyone local use, keep searching there. Also check segundamano.es, but probably idealista has better interface and photos of the places wich probably you are interest to see first.

Try to sign a legal contract with the landlord. If in a future you are going to register as a resident, it will help you to have some kind of helps from goverment in order to pay your rent, and also protect you more as a tenant. Legal time for a contract is minimum 5 years, but when the first one ends, you can decide if continue or not, always making a notification one month before left.
Another tip is that the market of rentals is so wide now, probably you can negociate the price a bit...

Nothing else, take care with sangria, never eat paella at night (we dont do it), visit Rotor record shop from time to time, and check the parties at "Specka" club, where you can meet some people from this forum for sure, and connect with the local scene.

welcome!!

Cheers Erick. Very helpful.
Will let ya know how de flat hunting develops.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."

Owt on anytime soon?

Heard Hyboid played last wk, but missed it.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."

I'm also considering this move - early next year - any tips you can share from your time there would be ace. Especially if you are english speaking and pretty much, like myself, get by on being considered "odd" and "fairly handsome" wink

Hola everyone.

I am here now, would be ace to go digging. Although I have a kitten now, but she's good at sleeping.

I realize this post is like 10 years old, but I am heading to Madrid in a week. Would be great to meet up with fellow robots! hablo esp tamb

Pages 1 2 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Travel → madrid