2,051 (edited by automatique 2012-05-15 11:24:06)

Re: Should I buy...

computerdisco wrote:

Korg Esx-1 for €250? Smart media version...

for sure.

computerdisco wrote:

Korg Esx-1 for €250? Smart media version...

i would only pay €200 max for that. i've seen them go for €150.

Are you not confused with the ES-1, cause 150 for a ESX-1 is cheap. Depending on what comes with it something along 300 is more common, 250 is actually a good price.

no denying it's cheap but i use that as an extreme example. there is no shortage of esx-1's on the secondhand market, most of which are valued at around €250. it's a buyers market so if you ask for a €50 discount you can be sure one of those sellers will budge. i've seen two go for below €200 in the last month, one of those was even the SD version.

2,055 (edited by computerdisco 2012-05-18 11:52:30)

In the UK there more like €300... I picked it up anyway.. Pretty much unused, brand new powersupply, bought from a man who used it as a backing machine for his didgeridoo project.. Smart Media card Found, own samples banged on it = sounding pretty good so far.. Now do I upgrade the Valves in it or not?

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Micro Moog 740€ ???

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Clavia DDrum 2 module for 300 eur?

2,058 (edited by Stalker 2012-06-09 19:16:26)

Strymon Bluesky, Lexicon MPX-1 or something else? I'm looking for a high quality, lush reverb. Got 300€ to spend.

Erroraudio wrote:

Micro Moog 740€ ???

depends on condition and shipping ... could be reasonable ...
if NM/VG+ perhaps you should try handclap it to 650-700
great machine! outrageous sounds!

touch your fear, dont be afraid!

ouroboros wrote:
Erroraudio wrote:

Micro Moog 740€ ???

depends on condition and shipping ... could be reasonable ...
if NM/VG+ perhaps you should try handclap it to 650-700
great machine! outrageous sounds!

I let it slide... I have an itch for the new minitaur, so im saving my cash. Either that or the new SEM. I wan't one so bad...

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Stalker wrote:

Strymon Bluesky, Lexicon MPX-1 or something else? I'm looking for a high quality, lush reverb. Got 300€ to spend.

Depends on what you are going to use it for. Synths and random weirdness I'd deffo go Strymon but if you have vocals and want to use it on drums id go for a lex.

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

2,062 (edited by Stalker 2012-06-12 00:04:36)

Erroraudio wrote:
Stalker wrote:

Depends on what you are going to use it for. Synths and random weirdness I'd deffo go Strymon but if you have vocals and want to use it on drums id go for a lex.

I'm going to use it on synths and occasionaly drum sounds [808,707,606]. Is strymon that good and why would you choose it especially for synths? Any other alternatives i should consider? Which lexicon would be the best choice in this price range?

Stalker wrote:

check out koova's alex in the trade section.  it's a steal at that price, verbs are very usable from what i've heard.

A Novation A-station or a Novation Nova????

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Sure as shit not an A-Station. Worst synth I've ever bought soundwise and usewise and I plowed through a lot of VAs for awhile a few years back before deciding I'd rather use softsynths for similar purposes and leave analog to analog.

I don't know about the Nova but a Supernova rack I had for awhile sounded much better than the A-Station.

Good to know... Thanks!!!!!

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

looking at a DSI Tetra, also seems like it has issues with the editor, bugs in multi-mode and stuff. Are these serious issues? I am looking to use it in multi-mode a lot.

No the bugs in the editor are very minor.

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

2,069 (edited by Stalker 2012-06-26 22:39:22)

A Yamaha CS-5 for 450EUR?

Just record it already!

I would say 450 Euris for a CS-5 is probably a bit too high. It's a nice synth but not super varied. Around the 300 mark and it would be worth it I reckon.

A Roland Juno-106 for around 450€?

It does have a voice acting up (a hanging note) but hopefully that would be fixable. Even if in worst case scenario it would need the clone voice chips installed, would I have a reasonably priced 106 in my hands?

I've had another 106 reserved but it's roughly 100 euros more and although (at this point) all of the voices are working, it's in a rougher shape cosmetically.

Sound really is not the issue here - 6 and 60 may sound fatter, but I like the idea that the 106 is more of an allrounder that sits nicely in the mix let's say for example with a Casio CZ-101.

Any thoughts? I guess I hope someone would say that it's a good deal to go for.

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

I wouldn't go above 400€ if its already acting up.... You have to consider the the total cost of the unit and the repair.

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

I reckon if the hanging note is due to 80017a, its a good price. Ppl charge between 100-150 eurobux to fix all six chips with the acetate treatement

2,075 (edited by AudaxPowder 2012-08-31 07:29:25)

Agreed with Erroraudio, not worth it if it's already got voice problems my friend. And honestly the junos are very basic synth architecture, I'd recommend the JP-8000 again or something with a little more possibility in it if you know what I mean. I just imagine you'd get a little bored with it eventually Henri. The "Juno" sound (the 60 being the sweetest IMO) is one that is hard to emulate to the T but can be compensated for through other gear, I guess it's like looking at a 909 vs. JoMoX. Do you have to have the original or are you willing to come close enough through other means?