Topic: Mixer advice for live pa

I'm looking for a nice mixer for live shows. I've had a spirit folio f1 for about 15 years and it's served me well, but it's a bit fragile and the power supply is falling apart. I'd like a bit of an upgrade so having more routing, grouping, and fx versatility (selectable pre/post sends) would be nice. Don't really need a lot of channels, 12-16 would be totally fine.

Any suggestions or any features that you feel are helpful that I should consider? I've looked at A&H, Spirit, and Midas stuff so far.

Re: Mixer advice for live pa

I think the Allen&Heath WZ3 might be a decent choice. I have no real experience with using it however, but I've been told by various people that it's good and reliable and I have also once put my fingers on it (but without it being turned on).

I didn't buy it because it was too expensive for my taste so I ended up getting a used Spirit Folio SX for a quarter of the price wink but the power supply connector is really bad and some knobs sometimes crackle a little. I would still use it live, though. I also thought about maybe getting a new Spirit FX 16 II, which looks like a solid desk as well.

In the end, however, I think it's best to get your own hands on it to be able to decide smile

Re: Mixer advice for live pa

Thank you!

Turns out one of those just turned up locally on craigslist. I'll look in to the routing options and see if it makes sense to me. Ideally I would have one or two groups and those would sum to the master.

There's a midas 160 available locally as well, which looks great, but it's over twice the price.  hmm