Re: What new booty have you acquired?

Henri Puolitaival wrote:
Tom Dee wrote:

a yamaha cs 30 on the fleamarket...for 50 euro's cool

I always thought these kind of things only happen in the US of A.

Except for a dx7 and a sk1 i never found anything decent on a flea market and i've done a lot of them over the years. Records on the other hand...
I sometimes dream about finding gear on flea markets. The night before finding the yamaha i had a dream about finding a 808. Maybe next week? Really strange...

Tom Dee wrote:
Henri Puolitaival wrote:
Tom Dee wrote:

a yamaha cs 30 on the fleamarket...for 50 euro's cool

I always thought these kind of things only happen in the US of A.

Except for a dx7 and a sk1 i never found anything decent on a flea market and i've done a lot of them over the years. Records on the other hand...
I sometimes dream about finding gear on flea markets. The night before finding the yamaha i had a dream about finding a 808. Maybe next week? Really strange...

Maybe next time you have such dreams, let us know here on the forum wink

Someone locally offered me a DP/4 in exchange for replacing tactile switches in a DX-7 II.  I said yes.

Nice! Picked up one a few months ago. Particularly electronicy.

Good to hear.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Should be showing up tonight. 

ESQ-1, meet your new best friend...DP/4.  smile

Took a nice brisk walk a few miles last night to pick up an old janky Memory Man Deluxe. Can never have enough delay.

Second Oberheim SEM.

skkatter wrote:

Second Oberheim SEM.

Some things you just shouldn't post in this topic cos now I hate you, and I don't even know you.  tongue

Congratz!!!! May I ask how much you paid?

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

A second SEM would be nice, I'm jealous.

Is it an original or a reissue?

They're both the new patch panel versions. 750 Euro for the second one. I think they're 950 new from Schneider's.

You really don't want us to like you!!!!!

wink

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Have you linked them up duophonically yet?  Two note chords from a pair of SEM is one of the reasons I'd like a second one.

Koova wrote:

Have you linked them up duophonically yet?  Two note chords from a pair of SEM is one of the reasons I'd like a second one.

That's exactly what I got the second one for. I've got them working duophonically via a Kenton 2000. Going to keep an eye out for two more.

you analogue bastards are all spoiled kids. I got myself the uebrcool yamaha qy10 of course.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rScBRKlTdoE/S5m-q45FIQI/AAAAAAAA09s/hBe8ZA0xdL8/s400/!BoKR5w!!2k~$%28KGrHqUH-C0EuZZZiR8QBLmY0DK73w~~_12.JPG

Bought this lately: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg607/scaled.php?server=607&filename=dsc0396i.jpg&res=landing

It weights a ton. Half of the keys are not working. I'm not sure if the seller riped me off or it's just a lose connection due to the transport. The data-slider is totaly dirty so it jumps the steps up and down, but some cleaning will help.
The display is not so bright anymore but thats a common problem. I like the gritty lofi sound it adds to the samples.

PG-800 with original Roland case.

Now my JX-8P no longer feel alone  wink

Signal in / Signal out

Had these delivered to my door:

Alesis Midiverb III
Casio CZ-230S

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/3165/alesiscasio.jpg

Alesis - 16 bit allrounder with a bunch of fairly editable effects, although you have to press quite a few buttons to get what you want out of it.

Casio - one nasty Chicago ghetto machine including a ton of presets and on top of that the drum sounds from RZ-1. Imagine Poindexter's Short Circuit or Ricky Smith's Phone System, it's all in there. Pairs up nicely with the CZ-101!

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

I scored an Alesis Midiverb II for 30 eur on flea market this morning

Modded my Alesis HR-16 with those Linn/DMX/Drumulator/Drumtraks eproms from Chris Strellis.

Sounds more like Prince and less like Skinny Puppy now.

Got a bunch of vimtage buchla coming again

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

I bought a Novation bass station rack recently. Thought to be using it mainly as Midi -> CV converter with the advantage of it being a synth too but I discovered that as an instrument on its own it's really cool and worth while.

Just record it already!

Minitaur in the house. Bought used locally. Looking forward to giving it a go this weekend.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/397292_4006678091379_486742446_n.jpg

Clandestine Monarchy wrote:

I bought a Novation bass station rack recently. Thought to be using it mainly as Midi -> CV converter with the advantage of it being a synth too but I discovered that as an instrument on its own it's really cool and worth while.

You didn't know it was a good synth first?

RBB wrote:
Clandestine Monarchy wrote:

You didn't know it was a good synth first?

I did know it was fun, just not that it was thàt good :-)

Just record it already!