Topic: Minitaur

Any thoughts??? Just found out that there are a lot of hidden features that you can only access through a plugin WTF???? Seems very non moog.... But how is the sound?

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Re: Minitaur

I've been eyeing these up as well. I kinda miss an old Source I had and the demos remind me of it. Apparently the sound is way more raw and syrupy than the Phatty/Voyagers and I like its footprint. But then I wonder to myself how many damn monosynths do I need and while I don't have any Moog at the moment (sold both a Source and Voyager RME once upon a time,) I do have the Modcan 904a clone and a shit ton of other monos that do bass just fine. But it does sound nice and I do like the depth of its programmability once you plug it in.

I tried it once and I liked the sound very much. On the other hand, I can't really say much about differences to other mono synths like the Doepfer Dark Energy or similar. I think you should try it for yourself, I don't think anyone could not like the sound however wink

4 (edited by plikestechno 2012-10-13 07:10:01)

Finally got my hands on one of these and it is really nice. It's absolutely what I wanted from it and I haven't even gone under the hood for all of the extra editing features via USB. Strong sound, great filter, punchy envelopes. It was well worth the 475 CAD I paid locally for a mint used one today. Of course, you don't get the soaring highs or a triangle wave or pulse width but it says it's a bass synthesizer and that it does.