4,451 (edited by plikestechno 2012-10-18 01:28:29)

Re: What new booty have you acquired?

Picking  up an Alesis Andromeda tomorrow from a friend. Wish me luck getting it home without anything going wrong with it.

I don't have the guts to get one shipped in but when one locally came up I just knew I had to try one.

How are you liking yours, Koova? Have been watching some tutorials over the past few days and it looks like there's nothing it can't do.

Expensive piece of shit is broken again.  I changed the power supply and it worked fine but I plugged in a memory card a few weeks ago and now it's not working again.  I've got no idea how plugging in a memory card can mess around with the power supply but I've given it to someone with more electronics knowledge to have a look at it.

When it was working I really liked it.  The editing's quite deep but the ability to offset the LFO's made it seem more like a modular.  Definitely more fun than the Xpander but the reliability seems a bit flakey.

It's a big heavy keyboard so good luck getting it home in one piece.

I got a 2gig card for that bust up mpc1000 - it's not much like a new synth, but it does mean I have a working sampler. MPCs are really fun

4,454 (edited by plikestechno 2012-10-18 23:28:52)

Koova wrote:

Expensive piece of shit is broken again.  I changed the power supply and it worked fine but I plugged in a memory card a few weeks ago and now it's not working again.  I've got no idea how plugging in a memory card can mess around with the power supply but I've given it to someone with more electronics knowledge to have a look at it.

When it was working I really liked it.  The editing's quite deep but the ability to offset the LFO's made it seem more like a modular.  Definitely more fun than the Xpander but the reliability seems a bit flakey.

It's a big heavy keyboard so good luck getting it home in one piece.

Well, I got it home in one piece and am really liking it. I'm glad I went for it. Of course mine has a quirk as well. Quick buttons for patch changes make it freeze up so I have to use the soft buttons which still freeze up occasionally but it's liveable. The synth itself works and as long as I roll my own patches it seems to save them ok. I'm really enjoying it though. The Juno 60 is staying forever but which one of the europafied Jupe 6 or Prophet T8 will be heading out? Probably neither. I'd cry if anything happened in shipping but damn I have a lot of polys now. Although they all sound different.

Only bought this because it was a bit of a deal and it was in my city so I picked it up. I've always wanted to try one and am worried about the prices which are starting to go bananas. Love having a ribbon controller now too.

No reason to sell any of the polys mentioned... They all have a right in a setup together.

Do you have more polys???

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Yep. Definitely had my fill of polysynths now. Analog there's the rev 2 ARP Solina SE-IV and the MKS-50. Digital there's the TX816, JD990, Microwave 1. Casio CZ-1, Korg M1R, TX81Z. And that's what I still have. Have sold a bunch over the years and just sold some things to buy the Andromeda so I think I am good now. The studio is really done. I think all my gassing is done. Just have to finish some things out of all the odds and sods on my hard drive.

That seems like a good collection that doesn't overlap in many places...

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Bought a Korg PE-1000 today, lovely machine!

automatique wrote:

Bought this lately: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg607/scaled.php?server=607&filename=dsc0396i.jpg&res=landing

It weights a ton. Half of the keys are not working. I'm not sure if the seller riped me off or it's just a lose connection due to the transport. The data-slider is totaly dirty so it jumps the steps up and down, but some cleaning will help.
The display is not so bright anymore but thats a common problem. I like the gritty lofi sound it adds to the samples.

congrats, the fz-1 is my favorite sampler, hope you get it up and running.  there's someone on ebay selling samples, but i'm not sure if it's the same guy who sold me a set of copies of old PD disks.  if you want some disk images (808, M1 etc) just drop me a line.

my last notable grab was a kawai R-50 off ebay for under $30, the screws were missing and it was a little chipped so the seller didn't think it was worth anything, but it works fine and i just used a screw from my R-100 to keep it together.  i might try to swap out the sound chips once i get a prommer.

Disk images would be nice!!! The seller is a total whack ass motherfucker. Between the lines ins his mails he admitted that the keyboard wasn't working at his place... "its 30 years old, what did you aspect??? blablabla"

Oh... I would love some images or discs as well... I have one sitting that needs a bit of work but should be fully fixable.

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Kawai K1m. I've already started programming it and it's a beast. The presets are horrible.

4,463 (edited by transient sun 2012-10-31 21:43:39)

Maiovvi wrote:

Kawai K1m. I've already started programming it and it's a beast. The presets are horrible.

the arrangement preset (i think that's the name) is a complete classic and shows up prominently on lfo - lfo.  it's a really nice one because it shows how versatile the waves can be when you use them along with an envelope timing variance.

here's the fz-1 disks, they're actual disk images so you can't just use midi, you have to write them to physical disks on an old desktop PC in order for them to work.  USB floppy drives and most old laptop floppy drives will not work.  i'm actually still looking for someone with an old pc to use to write them, need to get around to picking one up off craigslist.

https://uploaded.net/file/9sai9fcu

latest aquisition is a beat up dx-21 for $17.50, looks like it sat in a storage locker for twenty years under some heavy boxes but it still makes sound, needs a good cleaning and a new battery but it'll be good to go.

I was lucky and got two cards with it as well. Mostly useless for what I'm after but programming it is a breeze (compared to the DX21 which I love with all my heart)

4,465 (edited by Septicstudio 2012-12-28 09:53:19)

Thanks for the disks, but the link won't let me download, it just counts down and does nothing... Can you email me the file?? Will PM you my adress....

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

quasimidi polymorph.. Dont really know what to expect, but im hoping for some spacey pads and tangerine dream sequences.

A big brother for my Poly-800. Working MIDI onboard, fresh battery inside... I'm good to go. I had something strange going on with the keys - a few stuck notes, but after taking the keyboard out a bazillion times, I'm slowly getting there.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5971/poly61.jpg

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

Eagerly awaiting:

http://i.imgur.com/rCdnZ.jpg?1

ESQ-1 for $50 in the original box.  perfect cosmetic shape but some kind of godawful corrosion on the mainboard, so i'll be out another 70 replacing it.  not a huge deal though, i learned how to use a midi sequencer on an SQ-80 so i'm looking forward to having this around.

also anyone who wants those disks and wasn't able to get them, pm me your email address and i'll send them as attachments.

Korg Monotribe...really good fun toy

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-knzb1wMjzo4/TbSSToz7h_I/AAAAAAACXWo/bx735lM13U0/s1600/P4160064.jpg

well revok... do you like it?

Love it.

It's limitations are actually quite inspiring. The one thing it would benefit from is separate outputs, because it's really hard to find a sweet spot on that balance knob. I guess I'll have to run it through a large eq and a compressor to really make it rock.