Re: your last purchases of records

^ that Syntech is pretty rare, no?

today: Leda - "Welcome to Joyland" Germany 1978 pressing

4,102 (edited by Scarface 2012-12-01 06:48:07)

^^

I doubt if it's rare... Got the CD on Galaxis which much have pressed this in a number of quite a few thousands I think. Two Russian sellers on discogs offer it for 80euro (!) and 146,35euro (!!). Got it for a fraction of that but I can imagine that it's "wanted" at least....

edit: Just found an interview with Edwin van der Laag of Syntech. The interview starts with "We are all familiar with Edwin van der Laag's name from the cover of the Laserdance albums, and some of us are lucky to own the rare Syntech albums that he made in a co-operation with Huib Schippers." So I guess it's rare then....

http://www.spacesynth.net/Interview/EdwinVanDerLaag

and here one with other member Huib Schippers:

http://www.spacesynth.net/Interview/HuibSchippers

Congrats on that Leda. Another example of a seemingly "rare" record. Got this over a 100euro's when I was quite desperate for it...and now look what happened after the repress... It still remains a masterpiece i..m.o.!

"Are you loving?"

Lorra stuff of late, including this guy's record which sounds pretty nice.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tMvA_zprY[/youtube]

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

got a phone call from a local dealer 3 weeks ago "got a box of woggy looking disco stuff" , but thought it would
probably be all Minna & Peppino  Gagiliardy,,, turned out I was wrong and it was all good Italo titles, got about 20 of them
for less then $60 today with lots of good titles (I mainly learned about checking this very thread
thanks to Hysteric for posting the pic of the Sensitive otherwise i'd probably woulc have left it behind wink
only kidding! checked them all on discogs while in the shop sad
don't really care much for this sort of stuff now days, and often it's the cheaper ones that are better anyway (from the ones
I played this afternoon so far, Nite Lite - Young Men inst was my favourite)
http://i48.tinypic.com/215r4m.jpg

must be on a roll as I've found La Monte Young - Dream House for $15 in the Canbara fair 3 weeks ago and thought that coul not be topped

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

e,r wrote:

I've found La Monte Young - Dream House for $15 in the Canbara fair 3 weeks ago and thought that coul not be topped

Oef, that's a great catch!

"A Real Music Hater"

e,r wrote:

must be on a roll

Must be!! (meanwhile drewling over the picture of Sensitive and other nice italo...)

e,r wrote:

often it's the cheaper ones that are better anyway

Cheaper is always better even if they are expensive on discogs.  smile

"Are you loving?"

Various - Business Unusual (The Other Record Collection) lp (Cherry Red)
R. B. & Company - Disco Bump 7" (BASF)
Boney M. - Gadda-Da-Vida 12" (Hansa)
Yello - Claro Que Si lp (Ralph)
Karen Cheryl - Karen Cheryl lp (Ibach)
Various - Ciguri   lp (Odd Size)
Jean Michel Jarre* - Oxygene 7-13 lp (Epic)
L-Vira - Talkin 'Bout Rambo 12" (Break)
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (SNC)
Rational Youth - In Your Eyes 12" (Capitol)
Ronny - If You Want Me To Stay 12" (Polydor)
Max Him - Melanie (Remix) 12" picture disc (Cruisin')
Zos Kia - Rape 12" (All The Madmen)

e,r wrote:

don't really care much for this sort of stuff now days, and often it's the cheaper ones that are better anyway (from the ones
I played this afternoon so far, Nite Lite - Young Men inst was my favourite)
http://i48.tinypic.com/215r4m.jpg

If you sell them you can buy a lot of records that you do like

@Narcisco: great catch on the Zos Kia, fantastic record.

"A Real Music Hater"

@Ray
It's great indeed. I didn't know it yet, but it looked interesting, I saw P. Orridge on the label and I was able to listen to it. It was only 5 euro, so the decision to buy it was made easily.

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
e,r wrote:

I've found La Monte Young - Dream House for $15 in the Canbara fair 3 weeks ago and thought that coul not be topped

Oef, that's a great catch!

yeah had that and his first one black Album back in the 80's and sold/traded them both (plus about 200 other records& k7) to
David "Atlantis Audio Archive" back in 94, thinking I’ll never wanna play all that stuff again, turned out was a big mistake
and a lot of those records I sold him at the time go for very serious money now days, at least he put up a lot of them on the
net,,,, I was happy VOD put out the Sema box, cause i really liked them and only sold them to him cause he just kept on
pestering me about them and I kinda gave up at the end even though I was a big Robert Haigh fan,,,,
btw the Dream House record is not as good I remembered it (maybe you really need to chase the dragon for that one) smile
I'll play 93 Bar Maldoror any day over it.
btw I try not to sell stuff that seems rare for the exact same reason like what happened to me with selling large chunks of
my 80's stuff in the early 90's
@ Scarface - what I probably meant is that with italo the more expensive they are the less likely they are to be "elletro"
and the more likely to have really awful vocals
@narcisco Zos Kia are mainly good when the coil connection is on, you should get the tape on Nekrophile, in fact nearly
every K7 on Nekrophile is worth getting (just don't get the skull logo tattooed - turned out costs $1100 to remove with a laser)

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

I'm still looking for that LP they did together, I'm almost there with my Coil collection  smile I have the 7"of Rape because I like the artwork better. And yes, Robert Haigh is fantastic. I also bought the Sema box on VOD, the original LP's a very expensive and no way I could have bought them when they came out as I was only born in 1980.

"A Real Music Hater"

Eric, I said it before but you have the luck of the devil, amazing find.

e,r wrote:

and the more likely to have really awful vocals

Examples? Call it my high trashtollerance-level but there's much vocals on italo I can handle and even appriciate. And if you can't there's mostly the instrumental.

"Are you loving?"

Among others:

BON VOYAGE - L'Imposture (Stendec Rec.) - What a MONSTER record !!!!

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

Poeme Electronique - The Echoes Fade 2lp (Anna Logue)
Today:
Monte Cazazza – Something For Nobody 7" (Industrial Records)
Throbbing Gristle - We Hate You Little Girls / Five Knuckle Shuffle 7" (Adolescent Records)
J.C. Riffaud - Emotion Life And Happiness lp (E.C.A.P)
Cocktail Naïf – Love Concert  7" (YEP REcord)
Michel Cenni - Optik 5 7" (Général Music France)
Neon Judgement - Miss Brown / Hot Sally 12" (PIAS)
+
got v/a - Minimal Wave Tapes vol. Two for Sinterklaas.

4,116 (edited by Zubeldia 2012-12-08 20:07:20)

narcisco wrote:

Cocktail Naïf – Love Concert  7"

nice one there.

got me this today, goosebump tune:
http://img.cdandlp.com/2012/10/imgL/115587770.jpg

Cocktail Naïf track is very nice indeed.
Great Jarre track, I have it on this Rarities lp which has a lot of great stuff like Erosmachine.
http://www.discogs.com/Jean-Michel-Jarr … se/2992154

Wanexa 

cool

I guess you're almost there with your Italo collection hysteric, no?  smile You've scored a shit load of gems last year.

Last scores:
Advokat Ihrer Hoheit - Opferbereit LP
Déficit Des Années Antérieures - Les Ambulants LP
Bourbonese Qualk - Preparing For Power LP
Brando - He's Brando (repress of course) 12"
Kraken - Strop CD
Kraken - Chagrin CD
Nurse With Wound - Flawed Existence Box on VOD (for a very nice price)
Nurse With Wound/Organum - A Missing Sense/Rasa LP

"A Real Music Hater"

anyone got a copy of the Jaco - Spanish Run repress? wondering if it is remastered without distortion, as the OG has?

thanks

Didn't buy that one, I hate that song  smile
PS: despite the Brando being too expensive I'm glad that ordered it but that sleeve is the most horrible artwork I've ever seen, it's like a sleeve for a hands-in-the-air trancepop record with DJ Jean-edits. Whoever designed this should be shredded.

"A Real Music Hater"

Was looking around for people who sold a lot of disco records and stumbled upon this one month old add. They wanted to sell it all at once but i gave it a try. Turned out it was the owner of a big club here in Belgium. Really nice old guy. There were about 3000 records. Dude left us in his warehouse unattented and said he would come back in three hours to see what we found. Came back with about 400 records at about 1 euro each. some stuff in there:

kerr - back at ya
fresh band - come back lover
omni - out of my hands
escape from new york on rollerball (twice!)
tj swan - and you know that
ff yellowhand - you want every night
sylvester - pver & over
tantra double album
azoto disco fizz lp and exalt exalt 12"
kasso lp, idris muhammad lp
original billy who 12"
boeing dance on the beat
some bizarre - don't be afraid on gold coloured vinyl
tons more of rap, boogie and disco and reggae 12"s, mostly us imports

Going back to clear out the 45's and the rest of the 12"... big_smile

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

PS: despite the Brando being too expensive I'm glad that ordered it but that sleeve is the most horrible artwork I've ever seen, it's like a sleeve for a hands-in-the-air trancepop record with DJ Jean-edits. Whoever designed this should be shredded.

sleeve is hideous indeed

4,124 (edited by Scarface 2012-12-12 18:07:27)

hysteric wrote:

Wanexa 

cool

Cheers, George. Last time Sensitive and now Wanexa!

Good to read I'm not the only one who doesn't like the sleeves of those reissues. smile

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Cheers, George. Last time Sensitive and now Wanexa!

funny thing is I never liked Wanexa too much but it slooowly grew on me over the years.
After this one, my days of buying holy grails are totally finished I promise (well almost totally)