Re: Berlin

@Technicolor: it looks like there are a ton of parties but as sniekthief says they mostly are crap. It is quite hard to find good parties to play nowadays. I personally like the efforts the guys from Futura do but that is all small time gigs. The bigger clubs are all for the bookers and the money now sad

Wow, that's a bleak picture you guys are painting  hmm
Well I haven't been there since 2004, I'm completely out of the loop.
Well at least there is Club Transmediale going on at the same time as the art festival. There are some good acts playing at that from what I've seen smile

In 2004 things were different then today. Now you have a big poster in every hostel saying: GO TO BERGHAIN!! I still remember me searching this club for 4 hours: no cab driver could tell me where it was back in the days.
There are still a lot of cool things going on but there are even more average things. Go away from the center is my advice: more to the east (not east as in Ostbahnhof or Warsawerstrasse, that is crawling with tourists nowadays. Go at least till Ostkreutz or something like that)

Yeah, I can do without generic techno sleaze clubs. Maybe it's just as well, I think there will be plenty enough to do with the festival anyway.

@Harel, my main pimp, thanks for the offer! It's worth a shot! big_smile

Technicolor wrote:

I'm going to Berlin for the Transmediale art festival, we are doing some pieces for the vorspiel, the days just before the actual festival. Will be there 22 jan-4 feb. Any parties during that time? Anywhere I can spin some records?

great timing, techni!
http://www.facebook.com/events/520597151307416/

I'm up for grabbing a beer on some other evening(s) too big_smile

Ah cool! Yeah let's meet up! smile
I realised the Club Transmediale will mean there's tons of artists worth checking out. AtomTM, Sunn O))), Andy Stott, something featuring David Tibet from Current 93 and a whole bunch more.

232 (edited by messgott 2013-01-16 21:53:20)

naks wrote:

great timing, techni!
http://www.facebook.com/events/520597151307416/

kewl naks

will go to 6-Tage Rennen to see some nice bikes and afterwards there,
good thing its closer as loophole and not in new cologne
cu there,
greetz smile

Ey Freund Blase, es gibt süßen Brei!

Technicolor wrote:

Ah cool! Yeah let's meet up! smile

optimal!!!

hey, around from 12-19th july. Tell me about anything thats worth going pleeeease. smile