Re: Hooray for dumbass DJ's

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FHyd3xBKd0&feature=[/youtube]

That is like finding a solution for a problem that is not there... "Lets put some knobs on a touchscreen because it feels not good to only touch".... jeeez

Good God. You can post that in the stupid products thread as well.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Repost? vvv

It's always a pleasure to play the opening set for Kozzmozz. I love to start with an empty room and get the vibe to a packed room about to explode. But taking people on a musical journey is not that easy. You need to work on it. I usually start slowly and aim for the heads. Once the people start nodding their heads to the beat then we move on. So then I go for the feet and once those are moving, I finally I aim for the whole body and pretty much take possession of their brains. This takes some skill and experience to keep your grip throughout this phase, but it's very rewarding to see the whole crowd go nuts. It's a game I just love to play.

Evad wrote:

Repost? vvv

It's always a pleasure to play the opening set for Kozzmozz. I love to start with an empty room and get the vibe to a packed room about to explode. But taking people on a musical journey is not that easy. You need to work on it. I usually start slowly and aim for the heads. Once the people start nodding their heads to the beat then we move on. So then I go for the feet and once those are moving, I finally I aim for the whole body and pretty much take possession of their brains. This takes some skill and experience to keep your grip throughout this phase, but it's very rewarding to see the whole crowd go nuts. It's a game I just love to play.

Fantastic!

^^ I really can't stand that guy. I've come to a point I even can't laugh anymore with his nonsense - he must die.

Evad wrote:

^^ I really can't stand that guy. I've come to a point I even can't laugh anymore with his nonsense - he must die.

I give you full support

"A Real Music Hater"

Ray and Evad, I agree that the guy talks some bullshit every now and then. Most probably he also plays music I wouldn't like at parties I wouldn't go to. But then again, I'm fine with that as long as he delivers at the parties I am attending. Spacid founded Radius Records and still brings some interesting dj's to Belgium every once in a while, for which he deserves some credit imo. I've been to some of his Pingwing parties, and the crowd is mostly hipster m'as tu vu, but the music he plays is music I'd dance to. What am I missing here, why do you hate him that bad? To me, he's just not on a par with some of the other douchebags in this topic. But then again, maybe you know more than I do. If so, please tell me.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

1,084 (edited by Evad 2013-01-22 22:18:28)

1,085 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2013-01-22 23:07:54)

jimmy jazz wrote:

Radius Records

with N.E.W.S.'s money so that's irrelevant here, unless... he always takes credit for accomplishments that he got with other organisation's funds.

But other than that: narcissistic, egocentric, opportunistic, trend hopping no sense of humor let alone - don't know the English word - zelfrelativering. Just take a look at all the bullshit on his fanpage, at first I thought he was joking but he means every word of it. He didn't use to be like that, I don't know what happened to him in the past 2-3 years.
And about PW: first he was saying Italo is dead, that CBS was too narrowminded with all the Italo stuff etc etc UNTIL he's asked to play at an Italo event and he sees that it is a big success, that's a typical example of his hypocrite, opportunistic character.

PS: you're sure he didn't ask you to write this down here? I wouldn't be surprised, it's not the first time he calls people on their phone (streppe for example as above but also me a couple of years ago because I had a little critic on Electron on some Belgian forum, djeez).

"A Real Music Hater"

Fair enough, thanks for the thoughts.

PS: I've never met the guy, and if he would have asked me to type down my previous post I'd be the first to make fun of him here.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

1,087 (edited by streppe 2013-01-23 11:32:48)

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

streppe for example as above but also me a couple of years ago because I had a little critic on Electron on some Belgian forum, djeez).

that was a great conversation smile
I've posted a lot of italoyoutubes on a italo (!) facebookevent and he deleted them. it was too hardcoreitalo, he wanted sexy italo.
me: "what is sexy italo? all the italo is sexy imo"
him: "you know, sexy italo"
me: "all the italo i've posted was sexy, can you give me some examples?"
him: "you know, sexy italo"
me: "oh.... i will not post youtubes anymore"
him: "you still can post italo! you know, sexy italo"

i don't mind his posts on facebook, his boring minimalclickclackhouse, i just ignore it. i do like his italo/disco sets.

the only thing what bothers me is that he keeps nagging about Radius. Yes, you were yeeeaaars before the hype with your label. so what? then reactivate the label. oh wait a minute, like Ray said: it wasn't your label/money...

another nice quote:

I have the feeling that many promoters still don't realize that some genres are as good as dead. They keep on working with artists whose creative peak passed a while ago. And they apparently don't understand that their audience is evolving and is ready for change.

The last few years haves been very good for house and techno. So there's fat chance this will manifest again itself throughout 2013.
The future is looking nice.

That's nice. I have + 1600 followers on my SoundCloud page. If this keeps going, I'll have more friends there than on my soundcloud page. It's clear that a lot of music lovers are following me. Thanks y'all, it feels good to have this kind of support. Oh by the way, if you're not following me yet on SoundCloud, now's your chance :-) It's worth it. There are 23 mixes online and I regularly post new mixes you can download. That way you'll be the first to know about new sets.

I recorded my set from the last Kozzmozz (Drumcode Label Night). This set is a nice New Year's gift to those who partied with me on that fabulous edition. As for those who weren't there, now you know what you missed. Expect a Techno set that slowly but fiercely builds up to the muscle work. #Enjoy

My soundcloud account is full. I'll have to make some room for new mixes. So my live @ decadance will be offline begin next week. It's a 2h30 mix of deep tech & mnml house, a slow buildup starting from the deep, live recorded on 27-03-10 at Decadance @ Tom Dazing's Birthday party. So this is your last chance to download it. Grab it while it lasts. It's worth it.

"A Real Music Hater"

witch hunt

the way this guy writes it's like he's afraid of being seen as pretentious.  apparently he's failed with the cool kids wink

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2013/01/dsc04132-1359074211.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/24/numa … -hands-on/

1,092 (edited by Scarface 2013-01-26 12:41:16)

"No boobs no sales"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-THYHle_iBoE/T1BUeMF40CI/AAAAAAAAF3o/F-HECK1LN-s/s320/DJ+Top+Less+(1).JPG

Taken from site "italofreaks". Nice eyecandy I must say. smile

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JFj48KwkKis/Ty7azrq5UAI/AAAAAAAAFoE/sOM9_DhvewY/s1600/Wallpaper%2BItalo-Disco760x500.jpg

"Are you loving?"

http://i.imgur.com/W5hJwEO.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/480688_142409869253042_550461581_n.jpg

what's that? massimo & russell crowe celebrity set?  tongue

hey, we might be dumbass but definitely not hooray

"A Real Music Hater"

I dug up the 5th old repolished mix, this time an Electronica mix from 2003, called "In between dreams". Another mix that withstood the test of time and still sounds timeless. Expect a dreamy, beautiful experimental electronica set that will put you in a soothing trancelike state. #Enjoy

"A Real Music Hater"

Why are you so full of anger, Ray?

why is the earth flat?

"A Real Music Hater"

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

why is the earth flat?

ge zijt hier ni in aantwaarpe hé gast